Who Is Next? - Page 43 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Who Is Next?

Malt

It is where the first aid room is at the Sinclair St end.

Y'see, that's why we need someone like Terry Butcher as manager. Someone to tell the Chief Executive, Chairman and Directors where his office is, not the other way around.

*insert signature here*

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry I haven't replied before now VT - been enjoying the lovely Scottish weather - you should try it sometime. Anyway, on to more pressing matters. You do love to massage the facts to suit your agenda don't you? You say Wake scored 17  

in 28 starts in the league for Ton, but I think you must know that three of these goals were scored as a sub so his record is actually 14 in 28 starts not a bad ratio at all, I would have settled for that from any of our dozen strikers this season. 

His totals for league, league cup and Scottish Cup is 19 goals in 38 starts and 30 subs appearances, hardly prolific. The number of subs appearances is significant as he struggled for consistency as evidenced by long periods without a goal. I

know how you love comparisons with the heroes from the past so I would probably compare Wake to Billy Osborne i.e. they were either brilliant or awful except Sugar was much better entertainment and scored all of his goals in the top league. I

mention this as you include Hawke's career league goals for the Ton in all the divisions he played for us, but with Weatherson who scored 115 overall (cue seaside leagues jibe), you include only first division obviously in a futile attempt to shine

Wake in a better light and diminish Weatherson. I should add that I wasn't Weatherson or Hawke's biggest fan - only pointing out the "facts." And then there's your totally false assertion that Weatherson is a member of the Morton Hall of Fame.

He's not. Nominated yes, inducted no. 

Posted again - just learning!

Sorry I haven't replied before now VT - been enjoying the lovely Scottish weather - you should try it sometime. Anyway, on to more pressing matters. You do love to massage the facts to suit your agenda don't you? You say Wake scored 17  

in 28 starts in the league for Ton, but I think you must know that three of these goals were scored as a sub so his record is actually 14 in 28 starts not a bad ratio at all, I would have settled for that from any of our dozen strikers this season. 

His totals for league, league cup and Scottish Cup is 19 goals in 38 starts and 30 subs appearances, hardly prolific. The number of subs appearances is significant as he struggled for consistency as evidenced by long periods without a goal. I

know how you love comparisons with the heroes from the past so I would probably compare Wake to Billy Osborne i.e. they were either brilliant or awful except Sugar was much better entertainment and scored all of his goals in the top league. I

mention this as you include Hawke's career league goals for the Ton in all the divisions he played for us, but with Weatherson who scored 115 overall (cue seaside leagues jibe), you include only first division obviously in a futile attempt to shine

Wake in a better light and diminish Weatherson. I should add that I wasn't Weatherson or Hawke's biggest fan - only pointing out the "facts." And then there's your totally false assertion that Weatherson is a member of the Morton Hall of Fame.

Posted again - just learning!

So good you posted it twice.

One question - apart from Bob Moulds band from the early 1990s, who is Sugar?

*insert signature here*

Call yourself a Morton fan.  :o

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

Sugar = Billy Osborne

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Next two questions - who he and why do they call him Sugar?

Played from 1969-75

First goals were in a 3-3 home draw with Airdrie (he scored 2) in 1969.

As for the Sugar bit - no idea. Maybe he worked at Tate and Lyle?

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Played from 1969-75

First goals were in a 3-3 home draw with Airdrie (he scored 2) in 1969.

As for the Sugar bit - no idea. Maybe he worked at Tate and Lyle?

Was a driver for them.

At a loss to understand what relevance your age has unless you're expecting a 40th birthday greeting from me

Still got all your own teeth?

I don't know anything about some jobber who was referred to by a shite nickname and who played for Morton in an era from before I was born. It happens. I wouldn't expect anyone in 45 years time to remember Stuart Riddell or John Gibson.

*insert signature here*

Archived