Who Is Next? - Page 44 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Who Is Next?

Malt

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know anything about some jobber who was referred to by a s***e nickname and who played for Morton in an era from before I was born. It happens. I wouldn't expect anyone in 45 years time to remember Stuart Riddell or John Gibson.

That's because they would be deservedly forgotten, unlike Sugar. 

Sorry I haven't replied before now VT - been enjoying the lovely Scottish weather - you should try it sometime. 

I've been busy enjoying much better weather actually; thanks for your concern about my weekend plans though. 

Anyway, on to more pressing matters. You do love to massage the facts to suit your agenda don't you? You say Wake scored 17  

in 28 starts in the league for Ton, but I think you must know that three of these goals were scored as a sub so his record is actually 14 in 28 starts not a bad ratio at all, I would have settled for that from any of our dozen strikers this season. His totals for league, league cup and Scottish Cup is 19 goals in 38 starts and 30 subs appearances, hardly prolific. The number of subs appearances is significant as he struggled for consistency as evidenced by long periods without a goal. 

Leaving aside the fact that goals to starts ratios don't subtract goals scored from the bench for anyone else - so why you're making that distinction here is bizarre - there is one obvious and massive flaw with your revisionism.  On the one hand you are willing to concede that Wake's goalscoring record in the league was indeed exceptional (far higher than IronMan or Weatherson), before then trying to dismiss his overall scoring record as 'hardly prolific'. Yet Wake's league and combined records are, err, identical - one goal per two starts. 14 from 28 league starts and 19

from 38 in all competitions is precisely the same return. So you in fact concede that Wake's overall record was equally as glorious as his league return.

And the facts aren't being massaged to suit an agenda by yours truly - they simply provide a picture that gormless sections of the fanbase don't want to see. Well that's just tough for them. 

Next. 

know how you love comparisons with the heroes from the past so I would probably compare Wake to Billy Osborne i.e. they were either brilliant or awful except Sugar was much better entertainment and scored all of his goals in the top league. I

I'm not even remotely interested in a comparison with some jobber who played when football was practically a different sport; feel free to do that all day long on the weirdo 'On This Day' thread further down the page. 

mention this as you include Hawke's career league goals for the Ton in all the divisions he played for us, but with Weatherson who scored 115 overall (cue seaside leagues jibe), you include only first division obviously in a futile attempt to shine Wake in a better light and diminish Weatherson. I should add that I wasn't Weatherson or Hawke's biggest fan - only pointing out the "facts." 

You can throw in their goals in the seaside leagues, the Renfrewshire Cup and probably the Arran Tournament as well if you want; it won't actually change the fact that Wake's goalscoring record was superior to both. As it was when playing at the same level. Just facts.

4221396001_5781016699001_5781002721001-v

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I've been busy enjoying much better weather actually; thanks for your concern about my weekend plans though. 

Leaving aside the fact that goals to starts ratios don't subtract goals scored from the bench for anyone else - so why you're making that distinction here is bizarre - there is one obvious and massive flaw with your revisionism.  On the one hand you are willing to concede that Wake's goalscoring record in the league was indeed exceptional (far higher than IronMan or Weatherson), before then trying to dismiss his overall scoring record as 'hardly prolific'. Yet Wake's league and combined records are, err, identical - one goal per two starts. 14 from 28 league starts and 19

from 38 in all competitions is precisely the same return. So you in fact concede that Wake's overall record was equally as glorious as his league return.

And the facts aren't being massaged to suit an agenda by yours truly - they simply provide a picture that gormless sections of the fanbase don't want to see. Well that's just tough for them. 

Next. 

I'm not even remotely interested in a comparison with some jobber who played when football was practically a different sport; feel free to do that all day long on the weirdo 'On This Day' thread further down the page. 

You can throw in their goals in the seaside leagues, the Renfrewshire Cup and probably the Arran Tournament as well if you want; it won't actually change the fact that Wake's goalscoring record was superior to both. As it was when playing at the same level. Just facts.

4221396001_5781016699001_5781002721001-v

Please have sex with someone ffs.

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

Please have sex with someone ffs.

You've been successfully groomed by a geriatric alky; get back in your box. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

You've been successfully groomed by a geriatric alky; get back in your box.

Comeback of the week. :lol: :thumbup2:

It must be your turn to own Gormless Gordon today. Don't forget, he only eats Spaghetti Hoops and Turkey Drummers*.

*Cue some Pie reference from a seething puddledrinker. Still owned, just remember that. ;)

*insert signature here*

Comeback of the week. :lol: :thumbup2:

It must be your turn to own Gormless Gordon today. Don't forget, he only eats Spaghetti Hoops and Turkey Drummers*.

*Cue some Pie reference from a seething puddledrinker. Still owned, just remember that. ;)

Puddledrinker.  :lol:

You're the one who lives in Moorky.  :lol:

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

At least you're not raging.....

... :lol: :lol:

You've never made me raging. You do make me laugh though.  :)

Archived