The Big 2018-19 Squad Thread - Page 76 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Big 2018-19 Squad Thread

TRVMP

Im torn on Tiff staying.

He is only 19 and has shown his potential with some good performances last season but at the same time he will probably want a first team wage rather than a fringe/development one seeing as he played most of last season and I think we could use that wage to bring in a more established wide man, cardle for example.

For me he is not at a level where he should start for us yet and should he sign, should be viewed as the 4th dev player. He will still get chances of course, but not as much as last season.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A brilliant signing. Still a few more signings to come but I like what McKinnon is doing.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Im torn on Tiff staying.

He is only 19 and has shown his potential with some good performances last season but at the same time he will probably want a first team wage rather than a fringe/development one seeing as he played most of last season and I think we could use that wage to bring in a more established wide man, cardle for example.

For me he is not at a level where he should start for us yet and should he sign, should be viewed as the 4th dev player. He will still get chances of course, but not as much as last season.

We need better than Tiff. Wasn't impressed by him last year

Gaston

New Kilday Buchanan Iredale

Millar McAlister

New Oliver MacLean

Johnstone

Subs:

Scully

CB

New full-back

Tidser

McHugh

Thomson

Telfer

Still hope we can get Quitongo signed up but not fussed if he goes. We have a decent spine to the squad now from back to front with decent options on the bench.

Gaston

New Kilday Buchanan Iredale

Millar McAlister

New Oliver MacLean

Johnstone

Subs:

Scully

CB

New full-back

Tidser

McHugh

Thomson

Telfer

Still hope we can get Quitongo signed up but not fussed if he goes. We have a decent spine to the squad now from back to front with decent options on the bench.

I doubt Telfer will be on the bench. Pretty intrigued to see how Ray is going to set us up.

I want a pretentious signature too.

I doubt Telfer will be on the bench. Pretty intrigued to see how Ray is going to set us up.

Just hope he doesn’t go 4-3-3. From what I’ve seen of his sides he usually likes to go 4-2-3-1. Telfer can play in the same role Oliver does so he may well be a starter with Oliver on the bench or out wide although that isn’t Oliver’s preferred position.

Just hope he doesn’t go 4-3-3. From what I’ve seen of his sides he usually likes to go 4-2-3-1. Telfer can play in the same role Oliver does so he may well be a starter with Oliver on the bench or out wide although that isn’t Oliver’s preferred position.

If the three midfielders just behind the striker stay narrow to allow for attacking full backs then you could conceivably have Oliver and Telfer in the same line-up. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

With him going with 18 quality players, rather than say 20-21 good players, I can see a fair bit of rotation this season.

If you look at the middle 5 positions( assuming we play 4231/4231)- we already have Tids, Telfer, Maclean, Jim, Millar and Oliver with presumably at least 1 more to come in for that area. They will all expect to start games which is what we need, strong competition can only be a good thing.

Would like to see.

Gats.

New  New Buchanan Iredale.

Miller McAlister

New        Telfer         MacLean

Johnstone.

Scully.

Kilday.

Tidser.

Oliver

Thomson

McHugh

New Striker!

4 youths as backup!

As long as the new players are of similar quality to the new recruits, I'm confident we will be up there!

Still sceptical of going a season with just Iredale as the recognised left back. Whilst he had a good spell, he's still relatively inexperienced

I would have thought Strapp was the backup. Both relatively inexperienced but they will only, hopefully, improve with game time.

I'm more concerned we have no right backs.

Iredale proved he was excellent at Left back and Strapp gets good reviews. The loan move would have done him well.

Mckinnon said the other day that he missed out on Gary Miller, so he's definitely in the market for at least one right back.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

I'm more concerned we have no right backs.

Iredale proved he was excellent at Left back and Strapp gets good reviews. The loan move would have done him well.

Iredale is an excellent attacking left back, but I still think he needs to develop defensively and hopefully being first choice can give him the amount of game time needed to develop. I'd like to have a look at Strapp in the friendlies/League Cup and see what his level is at the moment. If Strapp isn't ready for Championship football then having Iredale as the only left back would be a risk. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

Archived