The Big 2018-19 Squad Thread - Page 77 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Big 2018-19 Squad Thread

TRVMP

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A stumbling block in us signing quality players  is that we seem to be offering one-year deals, where ssome other clubs are offering 2-year deals.

Mind you I quite like the one-year deals, as it will keep the players on their toes.

:lol: was in middle of sharing it on work PC  when boss came in to the office. Must have typed that in a panic before closing site down quickly. Definitely not what i meant to type.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Given that Dave King has still not complied with the court order regarding his shares issue I suspect that the Easdales still hold a significant amount of shares with Sevco.

That might make a difference re their apparent interest in Morton. Who knows?

deals are still on the table for Jai and Tiff, if i were ray and warren i would be setting them a deadline before next weeks game versus Forfar

Not sure if someone addressed this before but we're due money if they go elsewhere so that's maybe the reason the deals are still there.

We need to wait on a club offering them a deal so we can benefit from a pay-out. It would be irresponsible to tear up the deal.

I do not see Jai staying so hopefully a good bit of money. Tiff, still very raw so I don't know if he will have a huge list of admirers.

Not sure if someone addressed this before but we're due money if they go elsewhere so that's maybe the reason the deals are still there.

I am sure it was addressed before that the rules concern within what timeframe you have to offer them a new contract, not the fact that you have to keep it open ended indefinitely.

Setting a deadline that they then don't sign by, and them not signing by that deadline, is taken as them rejecting the contract and therefore compensation would still be due if/when they find another club.

I think the reason that their deals are still on the table, as opposed to Russell's, is that McKinnon wants them and they are less dispensable than Russell due to who is already in the squad.

I am sure it was addressed before that the rules concern within what timeframe you have to offer them a new contract, not the fact that you have to keep it open ended indefinitely.

Setting a deadline that they then don't sign by, and them not signing by that deadline, is taken as them rejecting the contract and therefore compensation would still be due if/when they find another club.

I think the reason that their deals are still on the table, as opposed to Russell's, is that McKinnon wants them and they are less dispensable than Russell due to who is already in the squad.

When do they become 'free agents'?

Surely clubs haven't got the power to keep them out of the game if they don't sign and nobody wants to pay compensation.

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

deals are still on the table for Jai and Tiff, if i were ray and warren i would be setting them a deadline before next weeks game versus Forfar

Presume this is from the Tele?

For all the good stuff happening atm, im disappointed there hasn't been more news stories, interviews etc coming out of Cappielow. For out of towners and for people who don't buy the Tele the website is the only source of info.

There has only been 1 interview with Ray and he has been here a month now. would have thought there would have been more especially after pre season starting back last week. Be good to understand what we are up to as i know we are doing a lot of good stuff but we hear very little about it officially. Falkirk have put on interviews with their fitness coach and their manager this week for example!

You would think with a full time Media officer, there would be more interviews and updates than what we are getting. We haven't even released a list of players who have left. Russell left last week and not one mention of it.

Archived