Invetness V Morton On Saturday - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Invetness V Morton On Saturday

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the back of the St Mirren game I've bought my train tickets for the Inverness game. After Tuesday I'm ****ing dreading it.

If the team that started against St Mirren starts against ICT then you may have nothing to dread. Time will tell.

On the back of the St Mirren game I've bought my train tickets for the Inverness game. After Tuesday I'm ****ing dreading it.

If football gets you into such a state that you start 'dreading it' then you should perhaps consider other pursuits.

*insert signature here*

Whilst this may well be the game where ICT decide to get their act together (and we have previous for this) the team should be fired up enough after Tuesday's "efforts". Would take a point, given this is a ground that sits not far behind Fir Park in terms of Morton performances.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

A draw would do though there's no reason we can't get a win given the mess ICT are in at the minute. Same team as last weekend.

I think you said the same before the Dumbarton game. If we have serious promotion aspirations then a draw in every away game will not do.

As you rightly say, ICT are in a mess at the moment. If we're to be serious contenders then we need to exploit situations like this and take three points. We're not going to draw our way to the playoffs, anything but a win is a poor result here.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

I think you said the same before the Dumbarton game. If we have serious promotion aspirations then a draw in every away game will not do.

As you rightly say, ICT are in a mess at the moment. If we're to be serious contenders then we need to exploit situations like this and take three points. We're not going to draw our way to the playoffs, anything but a win is a poor result here.

You're probably right. I should've said I wouldn't have been overly dissapointed with a draw but I think I'm basing that more on our record up there and the fact they were a level above a few months ago. On current form, especially after respective results last week, it's one we've got a very good chance in.

Agreed. No points after two games means they are bereft of confidence and there for the taking. After last weeks performance we should be looking for nothing less than a win. The right team selection will determine this. No Harkins in the starting line up please Jim.

Archived