Invetness V Morton On Saturday - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Invetness V Morton On Saturday

Was a pretty horrendous first half, reminders of Hibs away at the same stage of the season last year. Inverness were first to every 50/50 and looked like they could have ran over us at ease. They looked technically superior and it was only going to be a matter of how many.

the second half was the exact opposite. Morton found some balls and took the game to them, and in the end we were unfortunate not have came away with all the points. Some poor finishing to blame. Whatever the Duff said in the changing rooms made a difference for sure, and in the end not too disappointed as we'd probably have taken a point before kick off.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would have bitten your hand off for a point at half time but it seems odd to come away from that disappointed at not winning. 

The referee - oh dear. When the early scything tackle on Doyle went unpunished I quietly wished I'd put money on the first booking being a Morton player - and it duly arrived moments later, with a few of our team pointing to the touchline asking what was so bad about our foul compared to theirs.

No idea how that scramble on the goalline stayed out. At least we didn't lose 5-1 again, I suppose.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

We should have won that based on the second half, but only being 1-0 down at half time flattered us on the balance of play so we can't complain too much. If we play the way we did for the second 45 for a whole 90 minutes then we'll be up there, but we need to get that consistency.

What a cross from Lamie for the goal. He's come a long way from the player he was in League One.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Archived