2017 - 2018 - Championship Updates And Scores - Page 21 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

2017 - 2018 - Championship Updates And Scores

Chesh

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, they’ve won the league now.

Kills me, but fair fucks to them. Down and out last season, but established a clear plan and goal once they eventually sorted themselves out.

What did we Get? A pat on the back for trying and "working wonders" with our resources.

Sad

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Kills me, but fair ****s to them. Down and out last season, but established a clear plan and goal once they eventually sorted themselves out.

What did we Get? A pat on the back for trying and "working wonders" with our resources.

Sad

Yep, there lies the difference between ambition and bullshitters.

Fair play to Jack Ross as well, whom I thought was an idiot but has turned out to do great work.

EOho8Pw.png

Really? They'd won there once since 1994. I had Dunfermline BTTS. Boo!!!

But aye, it was printing money. I’ll be extremely disappointed if we finish below Dunfermline. That’s the fourth time I’ve seen them this season and apart from the first 30 odd minutes at Cappielow they’ve been rotten.

The bastards have paid my train fare to Dundee tomorrow anyway. 7/4 was printing money.

I had a few quid on St Mirren BTTS at 4/1. Felt like free money at the time and proved right. The midden score a lot of goals but also concede most weeks.

Kills me, but fair ****s to them. Down and out last season, but established a clear plan and goal once they eventually sorted themselves out.

Sad

Was there a plan though or was it simply sacking a bad manager and getting a good one in?

Was there a plan though or was it simply sacking a bad manager and getting a good one in?

I think that was the clear plan, get in a decent manager and the goal then being to back him, bring in his own players, survive and build for promotion the following season.

Your auto pilot defences are becoming more laughable.

It's not defending anyone. I genuinely don't know if there was a plan or if it was more a case of getting a good manager and a bit of luck with him being a good fit. They obviously threw a bit of money at staying up in a similar way to we did with Shiels (with far more success) but that could be seen as a knee jerk (after they made a mess of things) and not a plan.

If we're simply comparing mangers, I've already said I think Duffy makes mistakes but has probably done just enough not to be sacked. I can see why people would say otherwise though as some of his decisions are a bit baffling and the style we play a bit uninspiring at times.

Anyway, like I said, the question had nothing to do with us. I've just never read anything about a plan although don't tend to follow St Mirren stuff so it could have passed me by.

Their plan always was to gain promotion back to the premiership. That was the plan under Alex Rae and the same for Jack Ross.

Gordon Scott said it when Ross was first appointed and they went on that run of failing to win a game and when he got his own players in, they haven't looked back.

Jack Ross said after the Aberdeen game - and many times before - that the goal of the season is to get St.Mirren promoted.

That's a plan, regardless of who implements it.

Just like our plan is to happily saunter along hoping for the rub of the green landing us a play-off spot. Regardless of whether or not that's under the stewardship of Duffy.

Sad

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Jack Ross said after the Aberdeen game - and many times before - that the goal of the season is to get St.Mirren promoted.

That's a plan, regardless of who implements it.

Just like our plan is to happily saunter along hoping for the rub of the green landing us a play-off spot. Regardless of whether or not that's under the stewardship of Duffy.

Sad

I've got a rare Saturday off today and I'm spending it at soft play then loch lomond aquarium with my daughter. In years gone by I'd have been the first name on the bus sheet for Tannadice. The current regime has killed off my enthusiasm for Morton.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

I've got a rare Saturday off today and I'm spending it at soft play then loch lomond aquarium with my daughter. In years gone by I'd have been the first name on the bus sheet for Tannadice. The current regime has killed off my enthusiasm for Morton.

Spot on. My own circumstances have changed recently meaning I would be able to make the majority of our games but my level of enthusiasm is next to none. In times gone by there would be a squad of us all meeting early doors to get tanked up and head through to Tannadice etc.

Lack of ambition has killed us off, we are merely in this league to make up the numbers these days and everyone knows it.

Spot on. My own circumstances have changed recently meaning I would be able to make the majority of our games but my level of enthusiasm is next to none. In times gone by there would be a squad of us all meeting early doors to get tanked up and head through to Tannadice etc.

Lack of ambition has killed us off, we are merely in this league to make up the numbers these days and everyone knows it.

Don't disagree with any of the above however I think we will win today. No reason why we can't well apart from Jim

If you mean did they appoint an accountant to the board, get him to review back office systems, accounting controls and IT, budget £100k to commission new turnstiles, all as a priority over team development and performance then certainly that was not their plan. Whatever theirs was it worked better than our snafu don’t you think?

If you mean did they appoint an accountant to the board, get him to review back office systems, accounting controls and IT, budget £100k to commission new turnstiles, all as a priority over team development and performance then certainly that was not their plan. Whatever theirs was it worked better than our snafu don’t you think?

Sometimes it comes across that you aren’t Nick’s biggest fan

Archived