Motherwell V Morton - Betfred Cup - Match Thread - Page 5 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Motherwell V Morton - Betfred Cup - Match Thread

Chesh

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we will now proceed to get hammered. Harkins has that mental side in his kit bag...........absolutely crazy

I have no compunction in saying that if some chap starts throwing grenades or starts using pistols, we shall kill him

Motherwell commentators saying it was high and late. Should know better as he's one of our "experienced" players.

at least these guys are fair and objective in the commentary, Harkins has let himself and the team but its way too early to get the lynch mob going

I have no compunction in saying that if some chap starts throwing grenades or starts using pistols, we shall kill him

Harkins deserves to get some grief for that. I still think he's a good signing for us, especially for coming off the bench and playing in slower winter games.

However, I'm also pretty worried he's come in as a straight replacement for Lindsay. We ran out of steam last season and need more players of that type, not less.

Harkins off. Looked harsh.

Stonewall red card.

Damage limitation now.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Listening online, saying harsh on us being 2-0 down and apparently we look like creating something when going forward. Hmm.

Who is saying that? We've created nothing and defended at a worse than amateur standard. It's embarrassing. Very embarrassing.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Stonewall red card.

Damage limitation now.

Nah it really wasnt. At least not if the challenge through Murdoch was yellow. Also the ball was miles out and play shouldn't even have continued to that point.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Harkins was a signing we didn't need.

We have Tidser and Forbes who can fill that role.

The wages should have went towards someone to cover for Murdoch.

Now we are adamant in playing him in every game and I've yet to see him be effective.

He slows our already slow midfield and when upfront he takes away from the pressing game we had with jai and Oliver.

I don't see where he fits into the team at all.

Im making perfect sense, your just not keeping up.

My Twitter - 
https://twitter.com/RJChesh

at least these guys are fair and objective in the commentary, Harkins has let himself and the team but its way too early to get the lynch mob going

Agreed. I think he'll be a good squad player for us, and he is an improvement on last season. But as has been said we're needing another centre mid in there that can run and tackle.

Shame game, then signings 👍🏻

Harkins was a signing we didn't need.

We have Tidser and Forbes who can fill that role.

The wages should have went towards someone to cover for Murdoch.

Now we are adamant in playing him in every game and I've yet to see him be effective.

He slows our already slow midfield and when upfront he takes away from the pressing game we had with jai and Oliver.

I don't see where he fits into the team at all.

This. He's not a scapegoat. We genuinly look a worse team with him in it, that's where the criticism is cominh from.

Who is saying that? We've created nothing and defended at a worse than amateur standard. It's embarrassing. Very embarrassing.

2 Motherwell fans doing the commentary. Have heard from folk at the game saying it's shocking.

This is shan; Harkins can get in the sea.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Tonsilitis will be on shortly to crow about Morton's excellent business so far this year I'm sure. Any time now.

onsP5NR.jpg

Archived