2017/18 Signings - Page 111 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

2017/18 Signings

Yeah, so either it's not ten times better to have such an old head around, or it is but it's too much like hard work to find someone who fits the bill.

I don’t think it’s nearly as black and white as that, first because the next coach might not be an old head who can play but might have other qualities that are attractive (there’s no perfect candidate after all) and second because that old head could come from the first team squad (fringe players, those returning from injury etc). Even if it is as black and white as you suggest, how do you know it’s too much like hard work given that the post was only advertised yesterday?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Gourlay was getting heavy pelters but he just scored a free kick.

Baird was definitely being singled out by a group. I was a guest in the directors lounge that day and the guys were only a couple of metres away, calling out his name followed by an assortment of Paisley related insults. I was sat next to the ICT chairman and could feel his quiet disapproval.

Baird was definitely being singled out by a group. I was a guest in the directors lounge that day and the guys were only a couple of metres away, calling out his name followed by an assortment of Paisley related insults. I was sat next to the ICT chairman and could feel his quiet disapproval.

p01lykp5.jpg

Have had the great pleasure of visiting the Tulloch Caledonian Stadium and watching this boy the Famous have signed on this 999 emergency football loan! I am beginning to get a sense of great things for the remainder of this season. Starting with, if our forum's resident savant VikingTon wouldn't mind me borrowing the phrase, the swording of the famous Glasgow Celtic a week on Saturday. I'll be in amongst you cheering on the Greenock boys, making all the noise! 

Have had the great pleasure of visiting the Tulloch Caledonian Stadium and watching this boy the Famous have signed on this 999 emergency football loan! I am beginning to get a sense of great things for the remainder of this season. Starting with, if our forum's resident savant VikingTon wouldn't mind me borrowing the phrase, the swording of the famous Glasgow Celtic a week on Saturday. I'll be in amongst you cheering on the Greenock boys, making all the noise!

Indeed you will Mr Edmonds. You, Mr ClifTON and I will be enjoying some liquid football in the away stand.

Indeed you will Mr Edmonds. You, Mr ClifTON and I will be enjoying some liquid football in the away stand.

Careful, Mr Partridge, my legal team inform me that we are being described as one and the same. We are I have learned, following the unnerving experience of viewing, for the first time this evening, some puerile etch-a-sketch ramblings, in league with someone called Toby Gordon. By all accounts a person who happens to be passionate about his football team and, confusingly, worthy of condemnation when he has the temerity to stand up to online trolls. 

I have to say, even after years of broadcasting television compared unfairly to excrement this dirty protest blog of a former medical professional is something to behold. In life and in work, people doing jobs like that have ethics and morals apparently, they take an oath. Usually when they retire, they have some dignity and behave like decent human beings as well. Usually they are the people you trust to have a hand in teaching their children's children to be kind and decent people, usually... Nobody over the age of 30 using snapchat with any real sense of decency creates content like that. However, while some say the law is an ass, it is also there to protect people who have their likeness used illegally and in particular, to support libelous content. Defamation of character for one's own amusement is part and parcel of unpleasant society these days, however, this chap is sailing very close to the wind and he really should consider deleting some of the content of his own volition.

Will I go to the lavatory at the Celtic Park at half-time and come back via the refreshments stall a figment of actor Stephen Coogan's imagination? Rather than just being a bit of an occasional laugh on a messageboard over what..12 years...we are elevated to something, well not better, but odder! I will continue to post, but I should make it clear, I have no clue who Toby is. I do wish him and all the decent people on here well.  

And by the way fellow followers of The Famous, C'mon the Ton. Genuinely really excited to stand with Alan, Dave and Ted Maul - remember him? - at the match a week on Saturday. Seriously, this new signing is the final piece in the selection puzzle being completed by James Duffy MBE - watch this space, this post will prove prescient in years to come!

Careful, Mr Partridge, my legal team inform me that we are being described as one and the same. We are I have learned, following the unnerving experience of viewing, for the first time this evening, some puerile etch-a-sketch ramblings, in league with someone called Toby Gordon. By all accounts a person who happens to be passionate about his football team and, confusingly, worthy of condemnation when he has the temerity to stand up to online trolls. 

I have to say, even after years of broadcasting television compared unfairly to excrement this dirty protest blog of a former medical professional is something to behold. In life and in work, people doing jobs like that have ethics and morals apparently, they take an oath. Usually when they retire, they have some dignity and behave like decent human beings as well. Usually they are the people you trust to have a hand in teaching their children's children to be kind and decent people, usually... Nobody over the age of 30 using snapchat with any real sense of decency creates content like that. However, while some say the law is an ass, it is also there to protect people who have their likeness used illegally and in particular, to support libelous content. Defamation of character for one's own amusement is part and parcel of unpleasant society these days, however, this chap is sailing very close to the wind and he really should consider deleting some of the content of his own volition.

Will I go to the lavatory at the Celtic Park at half-time and come back via the refreshments stall a figment of actor Stephen Coogan's imagination? Rather than just being a bit of an occasional laugh on a messageboard over what..12 years...we are elevated to something, well not better, but odder! I will continue to post, but I should make it clear, I have no clue who Toby is. I do wish him and all the decent people on here well.  

tenor.gif?itemid=4634686

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

tenor.gif?itemid=4634686

:angel:

You're somebody's son. God bless you, young man. A very fine attempt at being funny, Ed de Ball co-created that series with Larry David and Jerry didn't he?

I've said my piece, Noel enjoys getting up on his soapbox from time to time, back to creating shit TV formats for me.

It's back to business in the Highland capital tomorrow. Have a wonderful weekend denizens of this. What was it? Never never land? I find it more like Baltimore circa season 4 of Ed and David Simon's hit show, The Wire!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived