Bring Him Home - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Bring Him Home

vikingTON

The draw for the Fifth Round of the Scottish Cup is a potential game-changer for our season. The club stands to earn, by a conservative estimate, £150k from gate receipts at Ibrox. We should see soon enough (presumably after the Hearts-Raith replay midweek) whether and by whom the match will be televised - potentially yielding a considerable boost to the coffers as well. The squad as it stands doesn't need too much investment to face the challenges ahead, but there has been one notable loss during our otherwise imperious start to 2017.

Gavin-Gunning-profile-large-e14739486707

Have a club representative set off to the pointless bin that is 'Great Grimsby' tomorrow to announce that The Famous will be taking Sir Gavin Gunning back for a nominal fee - a fraction of the guaranteed proceeds of our Fifth Round tie. Get onto Sir Gavin's agent, match whatever that nothing club are paying him now, and let Sir Gavin ponder whether he'd rather sit on the bench as part of a gormless, 'squad rotation' policy for a crap outfit playing at a horrible little bin - Crewe - on February 11th; or captaining The Famous in an effortless swording of the tribute act, albeit also being played at a horrible little bin in Govan. 

Our inevitable cup progress and promotion at the end of the season would pay ten times over for this affordable investment. It's now time to bring Him home. 

Gavin-Gunning-signs-I_925x581_acf_croppe

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The draw for the Fifth Round of the Scottish Cup is a potential game-changer for our season. The club stands to earn, by a conservative estimate, £150k from gate receipts at Ibrox. We should see soon enough (presumably after the Hearts-Raith replay midweek) whether and by whom the match will be televised - potentially yielding a considerable boost to the coffers as well. The squad as it stands doesn't need too much investment to face the challenges ahead, but there has been one notable loss during our otherwise imperious start to 2017.

Gavin-Gunning-profile-large-e14739486707

Have a club representative set off to the pointless bin that is 'Great Grimsby' tomorrow to announce that The Famous will be taking Sir Gavin Gunning back for a nominal fee - a fraction of the guaranteed proceeds of our Fifth Round tie. Get onto Sir Gavin's agent, match whatever that nothing club are paying him now, and let Sir Gavin ponder whether he'd rather sit on the bench as part of a gormless, 'squad rotation' policy for a crap outfit playing at a horrible little bin - Crewe - on February 11th; or captaining The Famous in an effortless swording of the tribute act, albeit also being played at a horrible little bin in Govan. 

Our inevitable cup progress and promotion at the end of the season would pay ten times over for this affordable investment. It's now time to bring Him home. 

Gavin-Gunning-signs-I_925x581_acf_croppe

Get a grip, it's Lindsay Murdoch and Quitongo that we need to tie up first before we go for a nomadic mercenary whose departure to the Lincolnshire wilderness just shows just how poor his decision making still is..Your erotomania needs treatment.

Get a grip, it's Lindsay Murdoch and Quitongo that we need to tie up first before we go for a nomadic mercenary whose departure to the Lincolnshire wilderness just shows just how poor his decision making still is..Your erotomania needs treatment.

Yours is the worst post in the history of the Internet; have a red dot dickhead. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Lee ain't gunning but he seems to have shaken off the rust. He had a shaken start yesterday but in the end played well. I have confidence in the players we have at the moment but another addition up front would be good although the boys there have done well.

I have no compunction in saying that if some chap starts throwing grenades or starts using pistols, we shall kill him

How many loan signings do we currently have, and how many are we allowed?

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Yours is the worst post in the history of the Internet; have a red dot dickhead.

Given your history of eulogising about mediocre players none of your ramblings should surprise me. However if you seriously think that in building a squad for the long term we should prioritise Gunning over the likes of Quitongo, Lindsay and Murdoch all of whom can be gone in June you are clearly be a shoe in for Jack Ross's job. Gunning played and trained with us, was able to assess our potential and yet chose to make up a "wanting to spend more time with my family" yarn, relocate on a six month contract to a bench in the back of beyond with a CVA waiting to happen. What a diddy.

I'm reasonably confident that Tam and Bonnucci can cope with anything the tribute act can throw at them.  Which will probably include Buckie bottles and the usual detritus...

McKay will be off before the end of the month.  He won't want to have to face Mikey Doyle.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Given your history of eulogising about mediocre players none of your ramblings should surprise me. However if you seriously think that in building a squad for the long term we should prioritise Gunning over the likes of Quitongo, Lindsay and Murdoch all of whom can be gone in June you are clearly be a shoe in for Jack Ross's job. Gunning played and trained with us, was able to assess our potential and yet chose to make up a "wanting to spend more time with my family" yarn, relocate on a six month contract to a bench in the back of beyond with a CVA waiting to happen. What a diddy.

^^^ word salad

Have another red dot for trying* to besmirch Sir Gavin Gunning on this once-proud forum. 

* and failing of course; because Sir Gavin Gunning is a club legend and you are a delusional, Walter Mitty.

A ten game legend who has had about 11 clubs in 9 years. Ever wonder why he choses to move about so much? You need to get out of that bedroom a bit more.

He probably can't open the bedroom door for all the 'used' tissues lying about.

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

A ten game legend 

Yep: that's all Sir Gavin needed to enshrine himself in this proud club's history books. Do keep up. 

Have another red dot for not finishing your post there and making a cunt of yourself instead. 

He probably can't open the bedroom door for all the 'used' tissues lying about.

Clearly talking from experience with your jakey, Fife groomer. Swing and a miss. 

Archived