January Transfer Window - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

January Transfer Window

Mr.Blue

Anyone heard of any rumoured signings? Hoping one or 2 strikers are brought in regardless of whether Quitongo stays or goes. I'll probably get murdered for this but anyone else think Brian Graham would be a good option? He's a good target man and has scored goals in this league. I know Andy Little has been mentioned as well but I've not seen much of him.

More importantly I think we need to focus in keeping the current squad together. Getting Gunning and Nesbitt tied down to the end of the season would be excellent. Same with lindsay if he isn't already signed up till may. If Duffy is not going to give Scullion a chance then it's best that he leaves so we can bring someone better in who is actually going to get a chance. Oyenuga should be off as well but that isn't going to happen.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Anyone heard of any rumoured signings? Hoping one or 2 strikers are brought in regardless of whether Quitongo stays or goes. I'll probably get murdered for this but anyone else think Brian Graham would be a good option? He's a good target man and has scored goals in this league. I know Andy Little has been mentioned as well but I've not seen much of him.

More importantly I think we need to focus in keeping the current squad together. Getting Gunning and Nesbitt tied down to the end of the season would be excellent. Same with lindsay if he isn't already signed up till may. If Duffy is not going to give Scullion a chance then it's best that he leaves so we can bring someone better in who is actually going to get a chance. Oyenuga should be off as well but that isn't going to happen.

He only signed for Hibs in August...

We should be doing everything to get Nesbitt to stay, think he's a great player. Hopefully a loan extension would exclude him from playing for Celtic development team every week which would benefit us. 

At least one striker in, two if Quitongo goes. I mentioned on the other thread we have a great opportunity to get Rory Loy in if he does leave Dundee.

Another winger would also help us out. 

I'd love us to keep Gunning on but I reckon if he was staying we'd have heard something by now. If he goes we have enough cover for defence anyway. 

Sure I heard a rumour that Andy McNeil will be off to sunnier climes in January, so perhaps a new keeper could be coming in.

Duffys got a good track record when signing keeper's. Imagine he'll have one lined up if that's the case.

Although McNeil's done a good job, if he does leave I'm comfortable enough with McGowan as back up to Gaston.

Another winger would be nice but not essential, however a striker is absolutely necessary. Loy scored 29 goals in 60 league games at Falkirk: he's definitely worth a shot. I'd like to think we could move Oyenuga on as well, but it's not likely.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

If McNeil is indeed offski then I'd much rather use the money to strengthen outfield. We have McGowan and the emergency loan system should anything happen to Gaston.

One striker (two if Quitongo leaves) and a right winger please. Both loanees and Sir Gavin to stay to the end of the season too.

26/4/18

A Decade of Wakeism.

Don't understand where the clamour for a winger's coming from.  Existing arrangements with wide players look OK to me.  A decent striker (two if Quitongo's away) I would agree with.

Think its false economy to risk McGowan as back-up to Gaston unless he's really ready to step up (I don't know, haven't seem him play recently), so if McNeil is off-ski then I'd like to see us bring in someone of similar capability and not try and cash in a saving (which we shouldn't need to do anyway).

Don't understand where the clamour for a winger's coming from.  Existing arrangements with wide players look OK to me.  A decent striker (two if Quitongo's away) I would agree with.

Agree with this, other than giving us another option (which is a fair enough viewpoint) I don't see the urgency.

EOho8Pw.png

Think its false economy to risk McGowan as back-up to Gaston unless he's really ready to step up (I don't know, haven't seem him play recently), so if McNeil is off-ski then I'd like to see us bring in someone of similar capability and not try and cash in a saving (which we shouldn't need to do anyway).

If you take the first choice midfield as Nesbitt, Lindsay, Murdoch & Forbes, with Pepper still injured then our only real cover there is Tidser or moving Russell into midfield. Tidser out wide doesn't work and Russell is far better at left back than in midfield, and it could only take two players out to find ourselves stuck with Oyenuga in midfield again. So while it's not essential, it would be nice to have if the budget is there.

If not then fair enough and we should absolutely be focusing on a striker first, but a signing that keeps Russell in defence and Oyenuga further away from a start has to be a good thing.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Agree with this, other than giving us another option (which is a fair enough viewpoint) I don't see the urgency.

Yeah. If it means bringing another diddy from the juniors or lower league then i'd rather we looked to the development squad. If a player is available who is going to come into the first team and really add to the squad then i'd be happy with that but strikers are really the priority.

We also have the promising Tiffoney out on loan at the moment as well. He's an option if we can recall. Is he at Clyde for the whole season?

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Archived