2016-17 Championship Updates - Page 92 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

2016-17 Championship Updates

TRVMP

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The white bits look off-white. They might have tried one that's been washed.

Well. 🤔

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

+1 crap sand dancer. All is going well. Everyone is signing pure shiters except the Famous.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Dundee United's squad seems pretty solid until you remember that they handed a two-year extension to 'The Edge'. That's two dozen goals a season right there. I wasn't convinced by their attacking options already, so adding that sand-dancer is especially pleasing.

Falkirk are weaker; Dundee United remain average and Inverness are tanking. Bring Him Home (and a few decent loan additions) and the title is on.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I think Inverness will surprise a lot of people and are being written off far too prematurely. Still my tip for the title.

They'll still lose one or two good players before the season begins though. Their signings are dross and their manager isn't very good. Mediocrity awaits.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Dundee United's squad seems pretty solid until you remember that they handed a two-year extension to 'The Edge'. That's two dozen goals a season right there. I wasn't convinced by their attacking options already, so adding that sand-dancer is especially pleasing.

Falkirk are weaker; Dundee United remain average and Inverness are tanking. Bring Him Home (and a few decent loan additions) and the title is on.

We need a better keeper

We need a better keeper

Prior to last season I would have disagreed but now I think you're right. He's making too many mistakes. Still a fine option to have for a mid-table team but if we're looking at the playoffs again I think we need to upgrade. The question is, who is out there?

EOho8Pw.png

Prior to last season I would have disagreed but now I think you're right. He's making too many mistakes. Still a fine option to have for a mid-table team but if we're looking at the playoffs again I think we need to upgrade. The question is, who is out there?

Neil Alexander is still free, isn't he? He is getting on, but was still playing to a good standard until Hearts binned him unexpectedly.

Neil Alexander is still free, isn't he? He is getting on, but was still playing to a good standard until Hearts binned him unexpectedly.

He's nearly 40 and he's not played regular first team football for over a year.

He's nearly 40 and he's not played regular first team football for over a year.

Rab Douglas played at this level at roughly the same age and did well enough. It's not exactly uncommon for keepers to continue playing into their late 30s/early 40s at all levels.

Archived