2016-17 Championship Updates - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

2016-17 Championship Updates

TRVMP

Didn't see a general purpose opposition thread...

Dundee United could be in line for a £1m windfall if Liverpool accept Hull's asking price for Andrew Robertson (£10m.)

EOho8Pw.png

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Skunks finally signed John Sutton.

Signed a couple of decent players this pre season.

John Sutton

Scott Gallagher

Gary McKenzie,

Ben Gordon,

David Clarkson,

Kyle Hutton.

Expect them to have a much better season than last year.

A team full of hammer throwers with no pace. I hope we hear of some signings of our own in the next week. Still at least 5/6 signings away from a completed squad.

I was thinkng the same, lots of "solid old pros" there but it can go either way. Either that's the kind of experence they need or they'll be crocked by February. Time will tell.

EOho8Pw.png

Daryll Meggat signs for Ayr after a disastrous spell at Dundee. Thought he was relatively dece, personally, could be good for Ayr. (And no, this isn't me saying we should have gone for him.)

EOho8Pw.png

John Sutton

Scott Gallagher

Gary McKenzie,

Ben Gordon,

David Clarkson,

Kyle Hutton.

Me too, think they'll cruise past us unless we pull out a couple of aces. They still won't challenge for the league though.

John Sutton

Scott Gallagher

Gary McKenzie,

Ben Gordon,

David Clarkson,

Kyle Hutton.

I can't be the only one looking at those signings and thinking I wouldn't be at all surprised if that team was relegated?

I'd have been happy with 5 of those signings. The only one I'm not sure about is Hutton as I don't know much about him.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

I can't be the only one looking at those signings and thinking I wouldn't be at all surprised if that team was relegated?

Your hatred of the Skunks is clouding your judgement. Their squad will almost certainly finish in the top four.

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

To me, Hibs and Falkirk definitely look stronger, and United probably will too. Beyond that it's difficult to tell, I think.

I predicted us to finish 8th last season so I'm going to hold off until the first league game before guessing anyone's position :P

EOho8Pw.png

A few of those players struggled for playing time last season. There's players in there who are potentially very good signings, but they made some really decent looking signings a year ago as well (Webster, Langfield, Carswell, Watson, Shankland) and it didn't turn out like they hoped. I can certainly understand a measure of scepticism with regards to those signings.

Archived