Morton V Qos.. - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton V Qos..

delboy66

In terms of the club losing money, there will still be a small amount coming in from the £3 fee in the car park so that should help to cover policing costs.

If there's going to be a collection it should be for a charity of the family's choice.

No self respecting home fan uses the car park. There's hunners and hunners of sparking spaces within a two minute walk!

Run Silent, Run Deep...

"Men who go to sea in Submarines are nothing but pirates in His Majesties uniform" Admiral of the Fleet Lord Jellicoe

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't really fancy that idea to be honest.  The trip home after we gub them might be a bit frosty.  Might offer a couple of them a lift.  Going to be quite a tight schedule with it being 730 but we will be there.

Strange attitude Alibi.

You may recall, we were scheduled to play Queen of the South on a Tuesday night at Palmerston in March 2011, only for the match to be postponed on the day and hastily arranged for the following night, in spite of the inconvenience it caused to those travelling from outwith Dumfries.

At the time, you described this as a "sensible" decision.

Problem is that there aren't many free weeks for QoS to fit in another cancelled game as they have just about every midweek full including a game against us in April - on a Wednesday as they are playing in the Alba cup on the Sunday. Tomorrow would be sensible if it dries up a bit. I have to say that my lawn is playable and it presumably doesn't drain as well as the pitch at Palmerston, so it's a bit of a surprise for the game to be off. Rain has more or less stopped now anyway.

What's different, other than being provided with an extra 24 hours notice and the roles being reversed? Strikes me that in one case you whinge when inconvenienced, but have no concerns for others when all's well in your camp.

I fully appreciate the DA comment but fact is your scenario wasn't the case on Sat. We witnessed on Sat and therefore I feel more connected to this supporter. I, and probably most of you reading this, want to share this commonality in some way. Way now seems to be to donate cash. Not too dissimilar to what I was told happened in the past in shipyards and construction of the day's wages donated to the family when a workmate died on the job.

There is no one right thing to do in such situations, but there are many wrong things.

Fully agree, see last paragraph of my post.

Also agree there should be a minutes silence or applause tomorrow night, more probably applause given that it's free entry and therefore may well attract a few who would not normally give Cappielow a second thought and who are maybe less sympathetic.

Will also be interesting to see what the club are going to do should anyone who was there on Saturday, but can't make Wednesday, ask for a refund.

I'd be astonished if anyone asked for a refund.

Get told to **** off, I'd imagine. I wouldn't really bother altering the phrasing, either.

Can't see anyone asking for a refund to be honest, but if they did how would/could they prove that they were there on Saturday?

Meanwhile back in the real world.

Don't get me wrong here, if I wasn't going I wouldn't be asking for a refund. But ask yourself this. If the game was abandoned due to floodlight failure and you couldn't make Wednesday, would you be asking for a refund? If you were given a voucher on leaving the ground and couldn't make Wednesday, would you be 'cashing' in your voucher at Smiths in the near future?

I think it was refreshing to hear the club make such a swift decision on Saturday regarding the rearranged game, but I do think the decision was down to the clubs failure to have any kind of contingency plan. Potentially it could be quite harmful for the club in a financial way. The club have left themselves wide open and would have no choice but to give a refund if asked. Having to prove you were there wouldn't even come into it.

I think many fans would, and will, want to make a donation to the memory of a fellow fan. But we shouldn't confuse the gate money from Saturday with the money raised for charity at the game on Wednesday.

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

i had Two Visitors up from London especially for this game and both paid for flights up ,entry to the game and 5 50/50 tickets plus other various expenses.....

And not once did they complain about the cancellation and should a lot of concern for Mr Kemp.

If anyone wants a refund they want there head examined

Do yourself a favour...................................

Strange attitude Alibi.

You may recall, we were scheduled to play Queen of the South on a Tuesday night at Palmerston in March 2011, only for the match to be postponed on the day and hastily arranged for the following night, in spite of the inconvenience it caused to those travelling from outwith Dumfries.

At the time, you described this as a "sensible" decision.

What's different, other than being provided with an extra 24 hours notice and the roles being reversed? Strikes me that in one case you whinge when inconvenienced, but have no concerns for others when all's well in your camp.

Toby, we are coming up for tomorrow's game, by car.  I was just pointing out that it was quite an expensive business for fans travelling from out of town - though of course that would apply whenever the game was replayed.  I don't really have any complaints about the short notice, (particularly as I was initially fairly certain the new date would be the 8th February which we couldn't make) although it used to be the convention that postponed games weren't played in midweek until March due to the increased likelihood of rearranged games themselves being postponed in January and February.

The situation with that game a few years ago was slightly different in that there had been numerous postponements of games that season due to poor weather and there were by that time no free midweeks to play the game before the end of the season.  I'm impressed with your obsessive archive-trawling though.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Toby, we are coming up for tomorrow's game, by car.  I was just pointing out that it was quite an expensive business for fans travelling from out of town - though of course that would apply whenever the game was replayed.  I don't really have any complaints about the short notice, (particularly as I was initially fairly certain the new date would be the 8th February which we couldn't make) although it used to be the convention that postponed games weren't played in midweek until March due to the increased likelihood of rearranged games themselves being postponed in January and February.

The situation with that game a few years ago was slightly different in that there had been numerous postponements of games that season due to poor weather and there were by that time no free midweeks to play the game before the end of the season.  I'm impressed with your obsessive archive-trawling though.

The situation isn't slightly different, as, had you the same obsession about trawling the archives as myself, you'd have noted that there were infact two free midweeks before the end of that season. You make a personal choice to support a team from outwith your local community, as do I. What do you expect?

Had you no complaints about the short notice, I don't see the point in posting at all as the costs incurred would be, as you say the same anyway. You appear to me to like to let us all see that you're hard done to over this, whilst not giving two hoots about the rest of us when the shoe's on the other foot.

Anyway, the link for reference- http://www.greenockmorton.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=35692

I make a personal choice to support the team from the town in which I lived for the first 20 years of my life you mean.

Nobody's claiming to be hard done by - I have the option not to go to the game if I don't want to.  I'm choosing to go.  You just seem to have a bee in your bonnet for some reason.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

I make a personal choice to support the team from the town in which I lived for the first 20 years of my life you mean.

Nobody's claiming to be hard done by - I have the option not to go to the game if I don't want to.  I'm choosing to go.  You just seem to have a bee in your bonnet for some reason.

Well, stop quoting to everyone how much it's going to cost you to travel up to the game(s), at every given chance.

The game tomorrow is an inconvenience to most.

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Yerself and Toby seem to do quite a bit of sparring on here  (tbf  toby seems to enjoy it more than you) I was just wondering if the two of you could find  room somewhere. Hey, you could even invite VT and hold the proceedings in camera :)

Show Racism the Red Card

Yerself and Toby seem to do quite a bit of sparring on here  (tbf  toby seems to enjoy it more than you) I was just wondering if the two of you could find  room somewhere. Hey, you could even invite VT and hold the proceedings in camera :)

I'd worry about the video getting on to Youtube...  :)

Meanwhile back in the real world.

Don't get me wrong here, if I wasn't going I wouldn't be asking for a refund. But ask yourself this. If the game was abandoned due to floodlight failure and you couldn't make Wednesday, would you be asking for a refund? If you were given a voucher on leaving the ground and couldn't make Wednesday, would you be 'cashing' in your voucher at Smiths in the near future?

I think it was refreshing to hear the club make such a swift decision on Saturday regarding the rearranged game, but I do think the decision was down to the clubs failure to have any kind of contingency plan. Potentially it could be quite harmful for the club in a financial way. The club have left themselves wide open and would have no choice but to give a refund if asked. Having to prove you were there wouldn't even come into it.

I think many fans would, and will, want to make a donation to the memory of a fellow fan. But we shouldn't confuse the gate money from Saturday with the money raised for charity at the game on Wednesday.

"But ask yourself this"    -    Why?   As EanieMeany has said - stop making up hyptothetical situations in your head and simply respect what is happening.  A truly tragic event happened at the game on Saturday, yet you are banging on about refunds and what not.

"But ask yourself this"    -    Why?   As EanieMeany has said - stop making up hyptothetical situations in your head and simply respect what is happening.  A truly tragic event happened at the game on Saturday, yet you are banging on about refunds and what not.

So we should just go along with the EanieMeany suggestion of fuck off if you want a refund.

Yes it was a tragic day on Saturday, there is no doubt about that. But what exactly do you think is going to happen to all the gate money from Saturday? If you went on Saturday, and then couldn't make it on Wednesday, do you think your money will then go to charity? If you do, you are very naive.

All I'm saying is people shouldn't confuse the events on Saturday with the running of the club. Hopefully people will get the opportunity to donate to a worthy cause on Wednesday and pay their respects to Mr Kemp with a minutes silence. 

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

On the subject of the game which is kinda still important, it still doesn't really stack up to maintain the somewhat dubious belief in 'momentum' as opposed to giving additional time to allow suspensions to clear, a new signing or two to strengthen a weak and increasingly inexperienced defence and to regroup after a baffling decision to displace the Cole/Peciar partnership without a ready alternative. Particularly given the difficult away match on Saturday.

We are not in a position to take unnecessary risks with available players nor indeed the emotions of the players.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

On the subject of the game which is kinda still important, it still doesn't really stack up to maintain the somewhat dubious belief in 'momentum' as opposed to giving additional time to allow suspensions to clear, a new signing or two to strengthen a weak and increasingly inexperienced defence and to regroup after a baffling decision to displace the Cole/Peciar partnership without a ready alternative. Particularly given the difficult away match on Saturday.

We are not in a position to take unnecessary risks with available players nor indeed the emotions of the players.

You've got people waiting on you on another thread.

You've got people waiting on you on another thread.

Well that doesn't sound utterly tragic at all.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Archived