Morton V Qos.. - Page 5 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton V Qos..

delboy66

On the subject of the game which is kinda still important, it still doesn't really stack up to maintain the somewhat dubious belief in 'momentum' as opposed to giving additional time to allow suspensions to clear, a new signing or two to strengthen a weak and increasingly inexperienced defence and to regroup after a baffling decision to displace the Cole/Peciar partnership without a ready alternative. Particularly given the difficult away match on Saturday.

We are not in a position to take unnecessary risks with available players nor indeed the emotions of the players.

I don't know why you're particularly bothered about it VT, according to you we are already relegated.  :1eye:

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know why you're particularly bothered about it VT, according to you we are already relegated.  :1eye:

We're certainly not boosting our prospects of scraping a play-off spot. Cowdenbeath's win on Saturday vindicated my assertion that closing any gap, never mind 15 points, to the teams above would prove a far greater challenge than simply 'winning five games'.

Failure to take more than a point from these back to back games and we'll be needing snookers.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I like the idea of donations going to St Andrews first aid. Wish I could make the game, but it's just too short notice. Hopefully there'll be a fair few folk who come because it's free and create an atmosphere completely different to the one last Saturday.

Rothesay Ton

Yerself and Toby seem to do quite a bit of sparring on here  (tbf  toby seems to enjoy it more than you) I was just wondering if the two of you could find  room somewhere. Hey, you could even invite VT and hold the proceedings in camera :)

I don't dislike Alibi at all. We disagree on a number of things (Scotland's future being the obvious one) but that's no reason to dislike him. We're both fairly quick to accept too when we're in agreement, as can be seen over on the other thread.

Yes, I troll him a wee bit looking for a reaction and sometimes get it, but many of us do that with folk on here. He's a smart enough guy that I can get a bit of debate out of and on the one brief occasion I met him seemed decent enough. Where's the fun in trolling mouth breathers like Fanny Goodwin and BarmyBoy all day? To use Alibi's own words, that's like having a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent.

I don't dislike Alibi at all. We disagree on a number of things (Scotland's future being the obvious one) but that's no reason to dislike him. We're both fairly quick to accept too when we're in agreement, as can be seen over on the other thread.

Yes, I troll him a wee bit looking for a reaction and sometimes get it, but many of us do that with folk on here. He's a smart enough guy that I can get a bit of debate out of and on the one brief occasion I met him seemed decent enough. Where's the fun in trolling mouth breathers like Fanny Goodwin and BarmyBoy all day? To use Alibi's own words, that's like having a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent.

Have we ever actually met?  I think you said we maybe spoke while leaving a home game a few weeks ago although neither of us knew who we were speaking to at the time.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Have we ever actually met? I think you said we maybe spoke while leaving a home game a few weeks ago although neither of us knew who we were speaking to at the time.

Sure I briefly spoke to you at one of the once annual early season hammering a of Stranraer, I may be wrong.

Sure I briefly spoke to you at one of the once annual early season hammering a of Stranraer, I may be wrong.

I was certainly at the two most recent ritual gubbings.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Toby & alibi - You two could just meet up in cowshed and sort your differences out over a game on conkers.

I will say again that I have no issue whatsoever with facts being discussed, but accusations and allegations are another thing entirely..

I was certainly at the two most recent ritual gubbings.

This could be the start of something beautiful.

Along the track the train came puffin, Morton 1 Celtic nuffin.

So, do we presume it'll be the same starting XI as Saturday now we've extended McKay's loan? Hopefully O'Ware's a bit sharper having had a couple more days of training.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

So, do we presume it'll be the same starting XI as Saturday now we've extended McKay's loan? Hopefully O'Ware's a bit sharper having had a couple more days of training.

Would think so, the team kinda picks itself now.

One of the papers today has O'Connor as a doubt, hopefully he'll be ok.

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

Would think so, the team kinda picks itself now.

One of the papers today has O'Connor as a doubt, hopefully he'll be ok.

He was OK on Saturday and surely didn't have time to get injured?

He was OK on Saturday and surely didn't have time to get injured?

I did notice when the players were taken off the park O'Connor was doing a lot of stretching in the dugout area. Possibly a niggling injury that won't shift, I expect he'll play.

Don't even want to imagine what happens if he doesn't make it.

Rule seems to be that suspension relates to all age groups up to but not including premier league. Why there is a difference between premier league and championship is unclear but not even Celtic knew this rule

Sheils in the telegeraph today explaining that he told Findlay was okay to play when he first signed and was told later on that he would be suspended, Sheils says he still doesnt understand why this is.

I did notice when the players were taken off the park O'Connor was doing a lot of stretching in the dugout area. Possibly a niggling injury that won't shift, I expect he'll play.

Don't even want to imagine what happens if he doesn't make it.

Not overly optimistic about this game anyway but if  O'C is out, or not up to his previous '80% ' fitness - we could be in trouble I think. Cowden's result on Saturday lets us see how hard it's going to be to catch up.

Show Racism the Red Card

Not overly optimistic about this game anyway but if  O'C is out, or not up to his previous '80% ' fitness - we could be in trouble I think. Cowden's result on Saturday lets us see how hard it's going to be to catch up.

I was optimistic, but not so much now. Was obvious on Saturday that Queens had done their homework and pressed the defence, not allowing to play from the back as comfortably as we had done the past few games. Having said that, if they continue to press us with 3 players this will leave them short further back. 

I said a few weeks back that as long as we match or better Cowdenbeath we should be alright, so a victory tonight keeps us on track.

I'm actually more optimistic now from when I started typing.  :1eye:

I said a few weeks back that as long as we match or better Cowdenbeath we should be alright, so a victory tonight keeps us on track.

Erm, if we merely 'match' Cowdenbeath then we will be relegated.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Archived