Morton Clips - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton Clips

AyrshireTon

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same season as the last clip.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Ladies and Gentlemen - here's one I'm sure we'll all enjoy.

Hilarious on so many levels too.

Haha, this game brings back special memories for me.... and I wasn't even there. It was the day after our first daughter was born and because I had to ferry relatives up and down to the maternity hospital all day I never made the game, and had to settle for listening to the radio for updates. I was at the traffic lights Mearns Cross when they said there was a penalty at Love St and when they missed I went mental, as you do. It was only when I eventually calmed down that I realised everybody in the cars round about me were staring at me with worried looks. I think they thought I was having an epileptic fit or something, ha!

Hard too believe that was over 20 years ago. She was only a day old then and now she's all grown up and stuff.

Cheers AT! :D

A decent clip from when we were at our drossest.

Someone mentioned "the cat" in the Dumbarton clip - here's the yang for that ying.

My outstanding memory of this one is when the final goal was scored, I jumped out from under the clock and ran along the back of the Sinclair St. end into the pissing rain.

Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Sir, you may very well cream yourself a couple of times during this clip from the same season.

Was anyone on here at the Berwick Rangers v Morton Scottish Cup match season 1986/7? Remember going to the game but being 26 years ago now it's a bit vague in the memory.

31st January 1987 was the date. 'Ton won 0-2.

Edit to add: I think that could be the only time Morton have played Berwick Rangers in the Scottish Cup.

Another from 94, rode our luck a bit in this one.

Nice to see Martin Doak celebrate in front of the away fans. :D

Last one for tonight - and a particular favourite of mine.

Thanks a lot for posting these!

Honestly, the main thing I took from the 1988 clip is how terrible the quality of play was. If we'd given away any of those chances today this place would be in meltdown :D

EOho8Pw.png

Thanks a lot for posting these!

Honestly, the main thing I took from the 1988 clip is how terrible the quality of play was. If we'd given away any of those chances today this place would be in meltdown :D

In those days we had good old fashioned "Fanzines" for the meltdowns. ;)

Decided to try something else - and discovered how to cut the goals out of full highlights and join them together.

This one was the chosen game for Sportscene on the Saturday night.

Fantastic reactions from a Pars fan near Archie McPherson after Dougie Robertson belly flops in the box.

Decided to try something else - and discovered how to cut the goals out of full highlights and join them together.

This one was the chosen game for Sportscene on the Saturday night.

Fantastic reactions from a Pars fan near Archie McPherson after Dougie Robertson belly flops in the box.

Scenes of jubilation!

Imagine a Second Division club spending £250,000 today!

Was behind the goal for Wylie's save and Rajamaki's lob v Dumbarton - great to see them again. That save really was top drawer.

I was right behind the goal for that game and it's still possibly the best save I've ever seen in the flesh, amazing!

What Carew can do with a ball, I can do with an orange

Archived