Morton Clips - Page 6 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton Clips

AyrshireTon

Me to Muz. I was to stay at my grans that night as my mum and dad were out for my mums birthday. Was soaked as i stood behind the Sinclair Street goal. Got the train to the West Station, fish supper from Orangefield chippy then up to my grans on a total high and the game was on Sportscene that night to. Brilliant memories.

That strip is one of my all time favourite Morton Strips. Was made by Pony.

Jeez, Colin, me & you are about the same age & I don't remember any of these games! Hopefully not early dementia! :unsure: Hoping more recreational though :blush:

RIP New Order...

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Forza, all of the clips are dated next to their name on youtube.

Here's our second promotion to the Premier Division in 1984.

Brilliant to see that... that was my first ever game, was sitting in the Wee Dublin End.

Was at Broomfield a few years later for our next First Division title clincher.

Waited a long time, but this year will be number 3!

Forza, all of the clips are dated next to their name on youtube.

Here's our second promotion to the Premier Division in 1984.

Cheers for this one. My Dad took me and I'm pretty sure Forza with a few other school pals to this one. We were in the Sinclair St end trying to catch the orange 'Striker' footballs being booted into the crowd.

Great to see again.

Cheers for this one. My Dad took me and I'm pretty sure Forza with a few other school pals to this one. We were in the Sinclair St end trying to catch the orange 'Striker' footballs being booted into the crowd.

Great to see again.

Striker footballs :thumbup2:

Happy days.

How good could we be if we had crowds like that week in, week out?

Top flight footie, cup finals, euro adventures...

Along the track the train came puffin, Morton 1 Celtic nuffin.

Great to see again.

I didn't start going until the following season in the premier. I saw two games in the top league and we failed to score. The first game of the next season was at home to montrose. You and i were in the Sinclair st end above the trunstiles. John McNeil scored a penalty and it was the first ever Morton goal i saw. You were jumping about mental but i didnt know what to do hahaha!! I just kinda stood there wi a riddy:D

A wee oddity - Morton are the away side at Scapa.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Mixed emotions for this one - a great night of football with the Ton live on Sky!

Travesty of a result, though.

Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Jeez, Colin, me & you are about the same age & I don't remember any of these games! Hopefully not early dementia! :unsure: Hoping more recreational though :blush:

It's amazing what the memory remembers when jogged, Davie. Was watching the Killie game there to. Went to that and had my pal on my shoulders as Jim Duffy lifted the trophy. We had a diso on at the Grovy afterwards and I couldn't get the smile off my face that night. Nearly got caught with my LD on the way into the disco to :lol: :lol:

If you have a problem with me, text me. If you dont have my number then you don't know me well enough to have a problem with me.

Great stuff AT, thank you again.

That Motherwell vid took me back, is there a better place to be anywhere than a packed Cappielow under floodlights against a 'big' team?

A total contrast to the Clydebank game. I got a bit teary eyed seeing the shed like that again.

It's got me thinking about the Thistle game and made me realise just how important it could be to all of us.

COME ON YE 'TON!!

HHkTu1F.jpg

Great stuff AT, thank you again.

That Motherwell vid took me back, is there a better place to be anywhere than a packed Cappielow under floodlights against a 'big' team?

A total contrast to the Clydebank game. I got a bit teary eyed seeing the shed like that again.

It's got me thinking about the Thistle game and made me realise just how important it could be to all of us.

COME ON YE 'TON!!

No. It's like the home of football and i wouldn't change it for the world. :wub:

none with wee Robbie Earnshaw? cant seem to find any of those 4 weeks he was with us in the 99-00 season

Give me time. ;)

Here's the first Motherwell game - yes, it's a 0-0 draw but to those who were there, it was a cracking day out.

Give me time. ;)

Here's the first Motherwell game - yes, it's a 0-0 draw but to those who were there, it was a cracking day out.

Young Brian Reid, hands down Gerry Andersons greatest work.

Along the track the train came puffin, Morton 1 Celtic nuffin.

Archived