Morton Clips - Page 11 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton Clips

AyrshireTon

You might be thinking of the cup reply where Psycho received a short corner and dribbled his way into the box and scored the only goal of the game from a tight angle. I can still recall John Martin coming up for an Airdrie corner in the last minute.

This was the season we played St. Johnstone in the Quarters.

I think you are right m8 now i think about it, This is a great thread for jogging the memory ! :)

Shine On You Crazy Diamond

Live Sports - MyP2P

Check the Forum for Baseball Listings as MLB is no longer aloud on Sopcast

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always thought the goal we lost to in 1987 was scored by Alan Irvine. Must have been a different 1-0 defeat I was thinking of.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

I always thought the goal we lost to in 1987 was scored by Alan Irvine. Must have been a different 1-0 defeat I was thinking of.

Alan Lawrence scored in a 1-0 defeat at Scapa (after a defence/Wylie fukup).

It was on Scotsport. Not posting that until I run out of wins and draws.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Alan Lawrence scored in a 1-0 defeat at Scapa (after a defence/Wylie fukup).

It was on Scotsport. Not posting that until I run out of wins and draws.

No, was definitely a game at Broomfield I was thinking of. Might have been another match with Airdrie that season as I think we used to play teams 3 times a season, sometimes 2 away and one home, sometimes the other way around.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

watching that quarter final v well in 91.

as i remember! cracking crowd. i never saw the well goal as queuing outside.

we pummelled them. that mccabe miss in first half has always stuck in my head abd ut was as glaring as i remember!

Brian Reid was imperious!

decent team. iain macdonald was excellent that night.

a great game and the closest we have got to hampden since i have been watching.

am sure anyone who was there will have great memories.

That game and the st johnstone q/f two years before stand out as they were the firat big games i went to with my school pals abd both were midweek floodlight games that we scored late. Cowshed packed and going proper mental when we scored. singing all thru

A defeat this time, with a howler of a winning goal.

Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

The home cup win over Meadowbank that led to us playing those Motherwell games.

Im Pretty sure this game was on STV This game & the Dunfermline Game at home a couple of weeks earlier which i think you have posted were 2 stand out game for me in the great season, Do you have it ?

Sat 21 Oct - 95 ST. JOHNSTONE H League W 4-0 Cappielow Park

Shine On You Crazy Diamond

Live Sports - MyP2P

Check the Forum for Baseball Listings as MLB is no longer aloud on Sopcast

love the end of the clip with gahagan and mccabe. team spirit shines thru as it does this season. doak alexander, mcdonald gahagan and hunter with youngsters like collins reid wylie alongside guys who would give their all like pickering hunter mccabr and er..fowler.

compare them to our current team. Old heads like marko rusty bmmmh mcdonald weatherson

young players like fre tids oware taggs and even gaston. reid falls into the pickering column altho i would never have bn comfortable with pickering at centre back!

if willie dyer is a competant left back for 3 seasons and one of them is the spl then he will become our best left back of the last 25 years!

Love the trips down memory lane, thank you for the clips

“The Bible may, indeed does, contain a warrant for trafficking in humans, for ethnic cleansing, for slavery, for bride-price, and for indiscriminate massacre, but we are not bound by any of it because it was put together by crude, uncultured human mammals.â€

― Christopher Hitchens, God is Not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything

Im Pretty sure this game was on STV This game & the Dunfermline Game at home a couple of weeks earlier which i think you have posted were 2 stand out game for me in the great season, Do you have it ?

Sat 21 Oct - 95 ST. JOHNSTONE H League W 4-0 Cappielow Park

This game was not on Scotsport.

I remember seeing a camera in the stand that day and having the video all set on the Sunday, only to be disappointed that two other games were shown. It was Morton's own camera for training purposes.

This game was not on Scotsport.

I remember seeing a camera in the stand that day and having the video all set on the Sunday, only to be disappointed that two other games were shown. It was Morton's own camera for training purposes.

Pretty sure i did the same that day- one of Hawke's goals, either the 2nd or the 3rd (his 1st or 2nd) was an absolutely sublime glancing header from a fantastic passing move and a (I think) Rajamaki cross from the left at the Sinclair Street End. Fantastic goal.

Pretty sure i did the same that day- one of Hawke's goals, either the 2nd or the 3rd (his 1st or 2nd) was an absolutely sublime glancing header from a fantastic passing move and a (I think) Rajamaki cross from the left at the Sinclair Street End. Fantastic goal.

Still the best Morton goal I've seen in the flesh.

St Johnstone had a corner at the WDE. McInnes headed clear to Hawke who laid the ball off to Rajamaki midway in the Morton half. He exhanged passes with McInnes who beat a man then sprayed a 40 yard pass deep to Rajamaki on the left wing. Hawke in the meantime continued his run into the box and met a pin point Rajamaki cross with the aforementioned glancing header. The speed, accuracy and clinical fashion of the goal is as clear in my mind today as it was nearly two decades ago. It's also the finest 90 mins I've seen a Morton team play. Saints had a great team that season and never played badly on the day, Morton were just superb from start to finish and that wonder goal was a culmination of only 4 or 5 passes.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Still the best Morton goal I've seen in the flesh.

St Johnstone had a corner at the WDE. McInnes headed clear to Hawke who laid the ball off to Rajamaki midway in the Morton half. He exhanged passes with McInnes who beat a man then sprayed a 40 yard pass deep to Rajamaki on the left wing. Hawke in the meantime continued his run into the box and met a pin point Rajamaki cross with the aforementioned glancing header. The speed, accuracy and clinical fashion of the goal is as clear in my mind today as it was nearly two decades ago. It's also the finest 90 mins I've seen a Morton team play. Saints had a great team that season and never played badly on the day, Morton were just superb from start to finish and that wonder goal was a culmination of only 4 or 5 passes.

Me too.

We passed them off the park, dominated every department, scored excellent goals. It was the stand out performance for that great side, an absolute joy to watch.

One of the days where as you leaving the shed at full time you were wondering how you could last a whole week until the next game.

Along the track the train came puffin, Morton 1 Celtic nuffin.

Me too.

We passed them off the park, dominated every department, scored excellent goals. It was the stand out performance for that great side, an absolute joy to watch.

One of the days where as you leaving the shed at full time you were wondering how you could last a whole week until the next game.

Funny, but I remember the 3rd goal better (Hawke's 2nd).

Long deep cross at the WDE. Hawke standing near the right hand corner of the 6 yard box met it and sent a looping header over Main and inside the far post. Seemed to sail in slow motion. Killed the game before an hour has passed. We then started to fanny about trying to get McInnes a goal.

Think he repeated the goal at Cove in the cup many years later.

Funny, but I remember the 3rd goal better (Hawke's 2nd).

Long deep cross at the WDE. Hawke standing near the right hand corner of the 6 yard box met it and sent a looping header over Main and inside the far post. Seemed to sail in slow motion. Killed the game before an hour has passed. We then started to fanny about trying to get McInnes a goal.

Think he repeated the goal at Cove in the cup many years later.

I meant it was the best performance I've seen from Morton.

Along the track the train came puffin, Morton 1 Celtic nuffin.

I meant it was the best performance I've seen from Morton.

Quoted the wrong post - should have been LargsTon's.

does anyone know how to put clips from a dvd onto comp ?

I'm using a free program called Vidcoder.

After that, if I just want the goals spliced together I use MyMP4BoxGUI to split/extract and join the mp4 files.

Archived