Morton Clips - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton Clips

AyrshireTon

Last one for tonight - and a particular favourite of mine.

Remember this one like it was yesterday actually. I recall thinking we were going to go on and challenge for the league, lo and behold within a coupld of months Scott had flogged Kevin Thomas for pennies, the cowshed was lying ripped to bits, and things started to fall apart.

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i have all of these that you have shone on a dvd somewhere i am sure its got dundee utd at home think dundee utd won 4-0 ,dumbarton won 3-2 think it was the same seaon we beat celtic 2-1, also got loads of the football first highlights

Think you and I have a lot of the same stuff.

Axeman had a lot of the really old games on beta (I've not given up on posting them yet) and myself and another mate (think his last username was Big Hutchie) transferred them to VHS.

Years later I transferred from VHS to DVD, taking the opportunity to put things chronologically.

Am doing the wins first, or the games with several goals.

The defeats (which, sadly, are more numerous) can wait.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Three more.

Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Man.....that Celtic game. I was there and LOVED that day.

I went with my old man my uncle and granda, who were all mad tic fans, we were all in the cowshed as i was rightly brought up a morton fan by my family and was too young to go with my mates. I never let them forget that day, and as muz says i LOVED that day.

One of my favourite Morton games ever.

sigs are for fuds

And now here we are getting our arses handed to us in the Premier Division by....Dumbarton.

We really had a great record against Aberdeen and Dundee Utd in the late 70's/ early 80's. All the more remarkable when you remember how good both these sides were in Europe at the time.

A game v Aberdeen, I remember watching on Sportscene , was a Scottish Cup game about 78 at Pittodrie. We were 2-0 down with a minute to go, but managed to get it back to 2-2. I suppose this would have pre-dated even betamax.

Here's the Quarter Final cup tie from 1989.

Wylie and McInnes look so young in this one.

And now here we are getting our arses handed to us in the Premier Division by....Dumbarton.

This was the first game I missed.

I'd been to every home game since the match against Killie on the last day of the previous season (my first game), but missed this one due to the IBM Employee's children's disco at the Port Town Hall.

Look at her riding pillions on Davy’s sea-bike, carrying an apoplectic macaw in a silver hoop. Oh, Morton, let’s go there this winter!  Or learning the Japanese chinchona from that Kobe group, in a dress that looks like a blowtorch rising from one knee, and which should sell big in Texas. Morton, is that real fire? Happy, happy little girl!

This was the first game I missed.

I'd been to every home game since the match against Killie on the last day of the previous season (my first game), but missed this one due to the IBM Employee's children's disco at the Port Town Hall.

I was probably at the same disco.

Got a free single cos I fell on my arse doing the can-can (Bad Manners version)

That Killie game is in the pipeline. ^_^

Another derby from the Premier Division. Apologies for the quality - tracking these when copying from Beta to VHS years ago was a bugger.

See the Honey Monster score!

Watching that at work with the sound turned down, was that a young Steve Clarke who brought down Peanut for the second penalty from a tackle that looks suspiciously outside the box?

If you have a problem with me, text me. If you dont have my number then you don't know me well enough to have a problem with me.

Watching that at work with the sound turned down, was that a young Steve Clarke who brought down Peanut for the second penalty from a tackle that looks suspiciously outside the box?

Yes it was Clarke.

Man.....that Celtic game. I was there and LOVED that day.

Me to Muz. I was to stay at my grans that night as my mum and dad were out for my mums birthday. Was soaked as i stood behind the Sinclair Street goal. Got the train to the West Station, fish supper from Orangefield chippy then up to my grans on a total high and the game was on Sportscene that night to. Brilliant memories.

That strip is one of my all time favourite Morton Strips. Was made by Pony.

If you have a problem with me, text me. If you dont have my number then you don't know me well enough to have a problem with me.

That game should be xrated :o

The guy Simpson that scored, was that Jimmy Simpson who later signed for us and was crocked by a horrendous tackle from Ian Westwater?

Here's the Quarter Final cup tie from 1989.

Wylie and McInnes look so young in this one.

Brilliant :D

Alex O'Hara giving away the penalty, I think that's the same year he lobbed the cat with about 30 seconds to go in the Renfrewshire Cup Final at Cappielow and lost us the cup. Was never so angry at a Morton player.

Psycho getting sent off :lol:

The guy with the dodgy specs burying his head in his hands after the penalty save then jumping the wall after the goal was scored by Dougie, class :lol:

Well done AT, some fantastic trips down memory lane there :D :D

Archived