Morton Clips - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton Clips

AyrshireTon

Lovely stuff - my first visit to Love Street :)

Best away kit ever too...

I think mine too, that I can remember anyway.

Funny I have no recollection that they missed a penalty and I thought I could remember all the key highlights in that game - being 2-0 up, then McDonald scoring(!), followed by Elliot scoring the wondergoal and immediately silencing us. Great day out that one.

What Carew can do with a ball, I can do with an orange

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sir, you may very well cream yourself a couple of times during this clip from the same season.

Fantastic AT. Love the training jackets we had in those days.

Imagine a Second Division club spending £250,000 today!

Was behind the goal for Wylie's save and Rajamaki's lob v Dumbarton - great to see them again. That save really was top drawer.

Me to. Was a brilliant day.

If you have a problem with me, text me. If you dont have my number then you don't know me well enough to have a problem with me.

A defeat this time, but a shed load of goals in this one.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

I was right behind the goal for that game and it's still possibly the best save I've ever seen in the flesh, amazing!

Same, right down at the front wall just to the left of the goal. I had wondered if perhaps my young age and the passage of time had maybe built that save up to be much better than it was, but evidently not. Fantastic stuff, Davie Wylie remains probably my all-time favourite football to this day stemming from that one moment.

Interesting to see how some of the names featured have fared in the game: Lambert, McNamara, McInnes to name a few.

AWMSC

Another derby from the Premier Division. Apologies for the quality - tracking these when copying from Beta to VHS years ago was a bugger.

See the Honey Monster score!

Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Thought we signed him, not on loan, could be wrong though :unsure:

The debut scorer of the first goal, Ian Gibson, was a swap loan deal with Dundee United for John McNeil.

It didn't work out though, and Peanut returned to us pretty soon afterwards.

Another derby from the Premier Division. Apologies for the quality - tracking these when copying from Beta to VHS years ago was a bugger.

See the Honey Monster score!

First time I've ever seen that clip, had forgotten all about guys like Payne and Gibson.

These highlights are brilliant AT, thanks for taking the time to do this.

Along the track the train came puffin, Morton 1 Celtic nuffin.

That Dunfermline clip from 87. Pretty sure I took penalties at half time, and also captained the Morton Junior section that morning in a game against a team from the same Pars set up!

That was 1989 Murray, as it was the same day as Hillsborough Disaster. I can talk you though my hat-trick that morning later :lol:

Archived