Thread About Ex Player - Page 407 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player


KingsTON
 Share

Recommended Posts

I hold no ill will towards Fred or any other player that leaves really other than enjoying the pantomime villain nature of their return to cappielow. 

Players leaving under less than ideal circumstances is just part of football. Its a short career and players need to make the best decisions for their career and there can't have been many players more vindicated to want to move on from us than Fred given where his career has gone on to and we received a fee for him so it's not like he forced us to cancel his contract or anything. I'd imagine if we hadn't been such a failure of a football club over the years in terms of having good players under contract that clubs wanted to buy from us then we'd have a few more of these situations similar to Freds. 

If the rumours are to be believed then we could be signing Nicky Low this week in what is less than ideal circumstances for Arbroath so we take advantage of things like that as well. 

 

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

 

32.gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, port-ton said:

I hold no ill will towards Fred or any other player that leaves really other than enjoying the pantomime villain nature of their return to cappielow. 

Players leaving under less than ideal circumstances is just part of football. Its a short career and players need to make the best decisions for their career and there can't have been many players more vindicated to want to move on from us than Fred given where his career has gone on to and we received a fee for him so it's not like he forced us to cancel his contract or anything. I'd imagine if we hadn't been such a failure of a football club over the years in terms of having good players under contract that clubs wanted to buy from us then we'd have a few more of these situations similar to Freds. 

If the rumours are to be believed then we could be signing Nicky Low this week in what is less than ideal circumstances for Arbroath so we take advantage of things like that as well. 

 

 

Proper bootlicking rubbish, this. If a player has ambition he should work with his agent to set a release clause to join a club higher up the food chain, not refuse to play. If the rumors that he did in fact refuse to play are true, it's absolutely nuts for a Morton fan to defend that. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

EOho8Pw.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TRVMP said:

Proper bootlicking rubbish, this. If a player has ambition he should work with his agent to set a release clause to join a club higher up the food chain, not refuse to play. If the rumors that he did in fact refuse to play are true, it's absolutely nuts for a Morton fan to defend that. 

Off the top of my head players who have refused to play/go on tours/attend training in recent years because they want to leave include

Cristiano Ronaldo 

Harry Kane

Riyad Mahrez

Raheem Sterling 

Laurent Koscielny

Dmitri Payet

Dimatar Berbatov

 

It's a completely normal tactic in transfers used by far bigger and better players than Bachirou. Kane and Ronaldo especially who were forced to stay when they didn't want to still get their names sung by adoring crowds who suddenly forget all about their actions when they're on the pitch again, and the same would have happened between Bachirou and the fans if the club had stood their ground and made him stay. That's just the fickle world of football fandom. 

I guess it's normal that some fans can't take the emotion out of footballers decisions when it comes to their clubs specifically (i.e Fred's situation or Tidser joining Falkirk for more money) but I've never had any problem doing that and I have no problem with players of any club trying to force a move from a club they want to leave, which is lucky for us considering someone curently doing that should be named a Morton player in the coming days. 

 

 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

 

32.gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, port-ton said:

Off the top of my head players who have refused to play/go on tours/attend training in recent years because they want to leave include

Cristiano Ronaldo 

Harry Kane

Riyad Mahrez

Raheem Sterling 

Laurent Koscielny

Dmitri Payet

Dimatar Berbatov

 

It's a completely normal tactic in transfers used by far bigger and better players than Bachirou. Kane and Ronaldo especially who were forced to stay when they didn't want to still get their names sung by adoring crowds who suddenly forget all about their actions when they're on the pitch again, and the same would have happened between Bachirou and the fans if the club had stood their ground and made him stay. That's just the fickle world of football fandom. 

I guess it's normal that some fans can't take the emotion out of footballers decisions when it comes to their clubs specifically (i.e Fred's situation or Tidser joining Falkirk for more money) but I've never had any problem doing that and I have no problem with players of any club trying to force a move from a club they want to leave, which is lucky for us considering someone curently doing that should be named a Morton player in the coming days. 

 

 

Yeah, I'd also be more "emotional" if someone robbed my house rather than a random house a thousand miles away, but that's because I'm not looking for the robber's approval.

A lot of players don't do what you described above. Dani Alves for example never did. Wesley Fofana, it looks like he was frozen out rather than downed tools. 

EOho8Pw.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, port-ton said:

Off the top of my head players who have refused to play/go on tours/attend training in recent years because they want to leave include

Cristiano Ronaldo 

Harry Kane

Riyad Mahrez

Raheem Sterling 

Laurent Koscielny

Dmitri Payet

Dimatar Berbatov

 

It's a completely normal tactic in transfers used by far bigger and better players than Bachirou. Kane and Ronaldo especially who were forced to stay when they didn't want to still get their names sung by adoring crowds who suddenly forget all about their actions when they're on the pitch again, and the same would have happened between Bachirou and the fans if the club had stood their ground and made him stay. That's just the fickle world of football fandom. 

I guess it's normal that some fans can't take the emotion out of footballers decisions when it comes to their clubs specifically (i.e Fred's situation or Tidser joining Falkirk for more money) but I've never had any problem doing that and I have no problem with players of any club trying to force a move from a club they want to leave, which is lucky for us considering someone curently doing that should be named a Morton player in the coming days. 

 

 

I wouldn’t say that in my case anyway that I can’t take the emotion out of judging a player for making certain decisions- it’s that I choose not to. I don’t care about what any of the above have done because they’ve not done it to Morton and reserve the right to be a complete hypocrite on all things football, and in particular Morton-related.

Should Nicky Low force through a move from Arbroath in a similar way tomorrow, I’ll not only overlook it, but I’ll actively revel in it, especially given that a few of my mates from the Scotland games support them.

Whilst I’d enjoy it though, I’d understand but wouldn’t sympathise with why they wouldn’t be happy with him.

Players taking a booking for the team, gambling companies advertising at every opportune moment of games, stewards hammering you for taking brollies into games, broadcasters showing disproportionate numbers of games involving Rangers and Celtic and being charged £20+ to get into games are all things that are part and parcel of football nowadays- it doesn't mean we like these things.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, port-ton said:

If the rumours are to be believed then we could be signing Nicky Low this week in what is less than ideal circumstances for Arbroath so we take advantage of things like that as well. 

lol wut

They just signed Scott Allan last week to play the exact same position in the team. How is it not ideal? 

If the rumours are true, then those bumpkins seem to think it's 2004 again and they're playing the Brechin role. I'd call their bluff, openly sound out other options and wait to see whether Dick 'dick' Campbell starts calling us to solve a nasty rupture they've created in their squad. 

And then slam the phone down on them anyway. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

 

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, ChampTon said:

End of the day, it is only a rumour. It's the first I've heard of it and I presume many others. If it was considered legitimate I'm sure most of the fan base would know by now. 

It's fact unless the morton employee that told me was lying, which he had no reason to.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

We need an ex-Staff thread or rename this one.

Gus off the St Johnstone.

Wonder if that is positive news for us - figured we hadn't just paid him off so assume he was still on the payroll. Reduced settlement because he has a new job?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Paul Hartley sacked by Hartlepool.

 

 

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/31/2022 at 12:08 PM, TONofmemories said:

PortTon will be spewing. Plans for another French day dead on its arse.

He wasn't even French either, the stupid cunt.

PortTon was probably itching for someone to say something nice about that treacherous little cunt, so that he could bring up HIS French day.

  • Upvote 1

SACK THE BOARD!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, capitanus said:

He wasn't even French either, the stupid cunt.

PortTon was probably itching for someone to say something nice about that treacherous little cunt, so that he could bring up HIS French day.

You've quoted a post from weeks ago out of boredom or whatever you weird weird guy 🤣

Speaking of pathetic attention seeking since you brought it up, when was the last time you came on to the Morton forum and actually posted anything remotely to do with a Morton performance on the pitch? 

Beginning to think that my gloriously successful French day was the last match you watched. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

 

32.gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, port-ton said:

You've quoted a post from weeks ago out of boredom or whatever you weird weird guy 🤣

Speaking of pathetic attention seeking since you brought it up, when was the last time you came on to the Morton forum and actually posted anything remotely to do with a Morton performance on the pitch? 

Beginning to think that my gloriously successful French day was the last match you watched. 

I quoted that post today because i only seen it today.

With regards to when I last posted about any Morton games, I honestly cant remember because I dont go to any Morton games nowadays.  The last game I attended was at Cappielow vs. Arbroath last october, and I probably wouldn't have went to that if it werent for being owed a day in hospitality due to the Dundee Utd game being cancelled at the start of the first lockdown.

As for YOUR 'gloriously successful French day' :lol: - i dont even think I was at that game.  But carry on.

 

edit to add:  :lol:

Edited by capitanus

SACK THE BOARD!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, capitanus said:

 

As for YOUR 'gloriously successful French day' :lol: - i dont even think I was at that game.  But carry on.

 

 

Shame you'd have loved it. They still talk about it in France to this day. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

 

32.gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, port-ton said:

(1) Shame you'd have loved it. (2) They still talk about it in France to this day. 

1 - Doubt it very much.

2 - I can imagine so.  The French love 'Merde'.  You're probably a national hero to them.

 

SACK THE BOARD!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...