Thread About Ex Player - Page 23 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

Graham scoring a couple again tonight as Raith go 4-0 up at Ross County.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Brian Graham has now scored 9 goals this season.

Anyone wish we had kept him?

We tried to but Raith offered him a two year contract while with the exception of Michael Tidser's three, we were only offering one year. "Yes", as I said at the time I wish we had kept him, but I am glad he's doing well and hope that goes on except of course, against us.

Most of the First Division clubs are doing well so far tonight.

Graham has been on fire since he came back from that operation at the tail end of last season.

Some hilarious scorelines in the cup tonight, with Killie getting pumped at home off Stenhousemuir, and Queen of the South 2-0 up on Hibs, added to the Raith scoreline.

Considering our record for producing cup shocks I don't find any of those scores funny in the slightest.

Considering our record for producing cup shocks I don't find any of those scores funny in the slightest.

I'm with you on this one - rarely happens to us.

Won't stop me slagging off the Killie fans at work if Stenny pull this one off.

Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Off the top of my head i can remember three cup shocks from us in about 6 years.

St Johnstone, Kilmarnock and Hibs. Not a bad record.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Off the top of my head i can remember three cup shocks from us in about 6 years.

St Johnstone, Kilmarnock and Hibs. Not a bad record.

None in 4 years is piss poor.

Prior to that we beat newly promoted Dundee in the late 90s under Billy Stark.

Definitely happens more to other clubs than to us.

None in 4 years is piss poor.

How many opportunities have we had in those 4 years to cause an upset, and what were the scores in the games?

You do the work, since it's your point. :P

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

How many opportunities have we had in those 4 years to cause an upset, and what were the scores in the games?

You do the work, since it's your point. :P

Since knocking out Hibs at Easter Road on 26th August 2008, out record in the cups against SPL teams is as follows;

2012-13

League Cup

Morton 0-2 Aberdeen (after extra time)

2011-12

League Cup

Morton 3-4 St. Mirren

Scottish Cup

Motherwell 6-0 Morton

2010-11

League Cup

St. Johnstone 2-0 Morton

Scottish Cup

Inverness 5-1 Morton

2009-10

League Cup

Kilmarnock 3-1 Morton

Scottish Cup

Morton 0-1 Celtic

2008-09

League Cup

Morton 1-2 Inverness (after extra time)

We haven't seen a major semi final since 1980-81 (Scottish Cup), a major final since 1963-64 (League Cup) and a Challenge Cup Final since 1992-93.

Edited by Toby

motherwell away twice, inverness home and away, celtic, st mirren, both home, killie away....have i missed any?

Inverness @ home we took to ET. Prob closest we came to an upset followed by last week.

Although Celtic and St Mirren scores were close, we didnt really look like beating them.

beaten to the punch there!

It is an issue though.

The falling attenedances and general disillusionmnet.

I reckon there is a fair share of the support who would take a cup run to promotion.

Raith have goalscorers and a settled team. Stenny are probably still celerbating Irons leaving!

beaten to the punch there!

It is an issue though.

The falling attenedances and general disillusionmnet.

I reckon there is a fair share of the support who would take a cup run to promotion.

Raith have goalscorers and a settled team. Stenny are probably still celerbating Irons leaving!

ARE VEGETABLES NOT ASEXUAL?

Edited by etta crouTON

I always thought Brian Graham was a decent player - the goal I particularly remember was one he score against Cowdenbeath at the Sinclair St end where he did about 5 dragbacks to fool the keeper and a defender before the ball went in the net.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

I always thought Brian Graham was a decent player - the goal I particularly remember was one he score against Cowdenbeath at the Sinclair St end where he did about 5 dragbacks to fool the keeper and a defender before the ball went in the net.

He also had an eye for a pass to slip a colleague in on goal. When he was with us he was not the finished article but there was something there and I was sorry but not brokenhearted when he left.