Thread About Ex Player - Page 25 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

LOL... he was p*sh, just so many people could not see it, he became a superstar by not playing and Stewart being poor..

The talk we be "The other guy must be better", well proof that he was wasn't..

The players rated Cuthbert as a better keeper than Stewart. Nothing wrong with the boy except his lack of height for a goalie.

He was/is indeed too wee for a goallie which is a handicap he can never overcome. The encouraging thing though from that video is that Thistle were not as great as the scoreline suggests. A competent goalkeeper would have kept out the first one. A normal height keeper would have probably not flapped at the second.

The fourth was a fluke that could happen to any keeper........couldn't it??

In fact Hamilton had a lot more chances against Thistle than we gave them. I don't think 4-0 reflected the play shown in that video.

Edited by Tonsilitis

He was/is indeed too wee for a goallie which is a handicap he can never overcome. The encouraging thing though from that video is that Thistle were not as great as the scoreline suggests. A competent goalkeeper would have kept out the first one. A normal height keeper would have probably not flapped at the second.

The fourth was a fluke that could happen to any keeper........couldn't it??

In fact Hamilton had a lot more chances against Thistle than we gave them. I don't think 4-0 reflected the play shown in that video.

...and Hamilton had just defeated them, in no small measure thanks to Cuthbert!!!

So, he had one bad game and he's now awful? Gies peace.

I'm really not sure what else he was meant to do at the first goal ...

Second, yes, he should've done better.

Fourth, his defender should never have given the ball back to him. That's probably happened to some of the best goalkeeper's in the game at one time or another.

TTG JIM!!!

The fact that he has washed up at a succession of s***e clubs points to the fact that he's s***e, yes.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Fourth, his defender should never have given the ball back to him. That's probably happened to some of the best goalkeeper's in the game at one time or another.

The hypocrisy is oozing out of this post !

pen.jpg

What are you slevering about now?

For a guy that blamed EVERY goal Morton conceded on Colin Stewart for going on two years, your defence of Cuthbert is laughable.

I'm guessing there are no mirrors in your house???

pen.jpg

B)-->

QUOTE(C B @ Sep 8 2012, 10:55 PM) 883723[/snapback]
For a guy that blamed EVERY goal Morton conceded on Colin Stewart for going on two years, your defence of Cuthbert is laughable.

Well that's just a lie, isn't it?

TTG JIM!!!

B)-->
QUOTE(C B @ Sep 8 2012, 10:55 PM) 883723[/snapback]
<!--quotec-->For a guy that blamed EVERY goal Morton conceded on Colin Stewart for going on two years, your defence of Cuthbert is laughable.

Well that's just a lie, isn't it?

Didn't you describe butter fingers as 'Clown Shoes'?

He was/is indeed too wee for a goallie which is a handicap he can never overcome.

What an absolute load of pish.

He''s over 6ft. Taller than Goram, Barthez, Victor Valdes, Casillas.....but I suppose these keepers will never make a name for themselves....oh wait..........

Give up.

This.

We are Legion. We do not forgive. We do not forget. Expect us.

What an absolute load of pish.

He''s over 6ft. Taller than Goram, Barthez, Victor Valdes, Casillas.....but I suppose these keepers will never make a name for themselves....oh wait..........

Give up.

This.

Agree - don't think Cuthbert is too small. He can be a bit iffy on cross-balls, but more often than not he stays on his line and relies on his shot stopping ability, which is fine (Goram and Klos were world class goalkeepers who did the same thing).

By all accounts he was very good for Ayr last season, he was mostly good for us in his spell here, and he seems to be playing well for Hamilton too - certainly against us, and against Partick in the cup, he earned some rave reviews. A very good first division goalkeeper in my view.

Edited by cmdc

The fact that he has washed up at a succession of s***e clubs points to the fact that he's s***e, yes.

Other than ourselves and Hamilton, who are much of a muchness, he's only played for St Johnstone and spent all of one year playing PT at Ayr, where he was (I think?) their POTY. I wouldn't say he's 'washed up' at a succession of s***e clubs at all.