Thread About Ex Player - Page 24 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

I really wanted Brian Graham to be a top player for us, I felt like he always put everything into his performances and seemed to care more than most. In all honesty I never quite thought he had the required quality for this level - he has 18 goals so far in 2012, so eh, go him!

I looked back at what I said when he left (see below), I obviously didn't know at the time that he was offered a new contract, but I don't feel that I was too harsh. He had something, but never quite did it for us.

It makes sense to let him go, but only because we have to keep Weatherson and Kelbie. He's probably unlucky in that respect. He would be good back-up/competition, but never really showed enough quality to merit a regular starting place. I definately would have kept him instead of Kelbie, and it would have been a coin toss between him and Weatherson this season IMO.

Is this the new Joe Jordan, who too was hopeless at Cappielow?[/qu

Joe Jordan featured in Morton's First Team only eight times , was much younger when he left ...and to an English top league side.

Not too many similarities!

By the way I don't think that Brian Graham was hopeless but I remember not being too impressed seeing Joe in a reserves match......funny how things turn out.

Edited by Mr Toon

Joe Jordan featured in Morton's First Team only eight times , was much younger when he left ...and to an English top league side.

Not too many similarities!

By the way I don't think that Brian Graham was hopeless but I remember not being too impressed seeing Joe in a reserves match......funny how things turn out.

It is indeed. I am surprised by his scoring tally of late. You could always see that there was a talent there but he ultimately seemed to go backwards at Cappielow.

Someone really doesn't like Dean Keenan...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dean_Keenan

btw, I didn't create this entry.

That red card I'm sure was for a tackle from behind, albeit from a standing position on the half-way line.

Referee lost it that night, resulting in some real carnage.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

That red card I'm sure was for a tackle from behind, albeit from a standing position on the half-way line.

Referee lost it that night, resulting in some real carnage.

That was the night of the infamous Colin Reilly tackle on Sean O'Connor, wasn't it? The game descended into a farce, Keenan's sending off being a shocking decision if I recall correctly. Keenen had come on to replace someone who picked up a knock (Stuart MacDonald maybe?) and did a decent job in midfield.

Ref was Eric Martindale, always remembered his name since that night. He had an absolute shocker.

I seem to remember being very impressed by the slightly rotund guy Queens had playing just off O'Connor. :ph34r:

Edited by dunning1874

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

That was the night of the infamous Colin Reilly tackle on Sean O'Connor, wasn't it? The game descended into a farce, Keenan's sending off being a shocking decision if I recall correctly. Keenen had come on to replace someone who picked up a knock (Stuart MacDonald maybe?) and did a decent job in midfield.

Ref was Eric Martindale, always remembered his name since that night. He had an absolute shocker.

I seem to remember being very impressed by the slightly rotund guy Queens had playing just off O'Connor. :ph34r:

Ironically O'Connor played for us the season before, against a Queens team including Weatherson, Lyle, Moore and Derek Anderson.

Funny how things work out, isn't it?!?!?

Colin Stewart has landed a 'plum' job in Quatar, according to today's Scottish Sun.

As a fruit picker. Expect to see a lot of plums bruised from where they've been dropped.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."