Sign in to follow this  
The Bewilderedbeast

Government grants

Good news. Hopefully this will take away any immediate threat for the season. 

33 minutes ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

Just been announced that Championship clubs will a receive £500,000 GRANT while premiership will get 2,000,000 LOAN.

Announced where? Nothing online.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

It's surely going to come with strings attached, but such a huge sum of money surely means we'll have absolutely no issues getting through the season.

• Upvote 2

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

That's 500k each, by the way. Not split ten ways. 

Got to say that if I was a taxpayer who didn't like football I'd be a bit raging at this, but I'm neither of those things, so I'm "cock-a-hoop."

I expect MCT to insist on a thorough examination of where this money is going. 

On that subject, this can't be allowed to dampen the urgency of the MCT project. Raes need to leave now without the stadium. 

• Upvote 2

The stadium was just resting in my account

Dundee will have it earmarked for half a dozen signings already, NAP. 

The stadium was just resting in my account

Meat back on the lunchtime menu.

Must be conditions that amount would keep Arbroath and Alloa going for 4 years.

There has to be some conditionality. Hopefully the full amount to GMFC will be viewed as additional funds and not an excuse for anyone to reduce existing funding. Aside from securing Morton for the near future it must give MCT time to identify if they can secure a takeover of the club.

• Like 1

This announcement I'm sure is welcomed by all!!

We all knew that a sum of money was in the pipeline and it somewhat reinforces the incompetence shown by Crawford last week. I know people can point to many incompetent decisions made by many a Morton boards or chairmen in their lifetime of supporting the club but surely Crawford Raes handling of affairs tops the lot. Quite frankly he looks more like a circus clown than a chairman of a football club!!

Thankfully there is now MCT influence on the board. I will watch with great interest over the next few weeks and months to see how that influence is managed as I feel this is without doubt an early acid test for all concerned with MCT at boardroom level.

Edited by Nornirontons

56 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

That's 500k each, by the way. Not split ten ways. 

Got to say that if I was a taxpayer who didn't like football I'd be a bit raging at this, but I'm neither of those things, so I'm "cock-a-hoop."

Same applies when Ballet, The Arts and similar shite get grants 

1 hour ago, Nornirontons said:

This announcement I'm sure is welcomed by all!!

We all knew that a sum of money was in the pipeline and it somewhat reinforces the incompetence shown by Crawford last week. I know people can point to many incompetent decisions made by many a Morton boards or chairmen in their lifetime of supporting the club but surely Crawford Raes handling of affairs tops the lot. Quite frankly he looks more like a circus clown than a chairman of a football club!!

Thankfully there is now MCT influence on the board. I will watch with great interest over the next few weeks and months to see how that influence is managed as I feel this is without doubt an early acid test for all concerned with MCT at boardroom level.

Yes Hopkin treated badly. 

Opportunity for Morton to show some real community initiative by making PPV free to all Inverclyde residents.

Edited by Ton4life
Improvement

If that isn’t enough to tide us over until May then we’re in some mess. Every penny of how it’s spent should be made clear to MCT.

MCT have been working really closely with Nick for a few months on the club’s finances so would have no worries about them not having sight of how this money is spent. And with two directors there will be a responsibility for how it is spent too. Albeit the idea that Crawford would trouser the money is incredibly far fetched anyway. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, cmdc said:

MCT have been working really closely with Nick for a few months on the club’s finances so would have no worries about them not having sight of how this money is spent. And with two directors there will be a responsibility for how it is spent too. Albeit the idea that Crawford would trouser the money is incredibly far fetched anyway. 

Why would he need the money? Is he still not living of the pot of gold he found in a bucket in the back of a taxi?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, TONgerine said:

Announced by Onion Bardwaj on STV

Half a mill right into the Sweetie Factory

Fk of Rae

Nice, racist use of a guys name. 

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, irnbru said:

Nice, racist use of a guys name. 

What's racist about it?

There is no such thing in life as normal.