Sign in to follow this  
Admin

Match Thread - Dundee vs Morton Championship 24th October

Second is there for anyone that wants it this season. Anyone that thought that Dundee side would push Hearts needs help.

32 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

Second is there for anyone that wants it this season. Anyone that thought that Dundee side would push Hearts needs help.

They were never going to push Hearts but they might stop being as much of a gang once they realise their manager is a dud and bin him.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Never got to see the game as working what was Muirhead's bookings for?

22 minutes ago, bigB said:

Never got to see the game as working what was Muirhead's bookings for?

Dissent, followed by sarcastically clapping the ref for booking him.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Brainless sending off imo. Feared the worst when they scored so early in the game, but thought we were decent enough when we decided to have a go in the second half.

18 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Dissent, followed by sarcastically clapping the ref for booking him.

What a clown 

7 hours ago, dunning1874 said:

Going to assume that this post cut off so abruptly as the phone was aware it was about to be used to make a comment along the lines of 'Muirhead was fine' and decided to explode rather than being party to such a heinous act.

Apologies. Yes, you'd be correct. Hes a scapegoat. Person abuse on twitter. Unjustified 

TIME FOR CHANGE!

9 hours ago, TONofmemories said:

Apologies. Yes, you'd be correct. Hes a scapegoat. Person abuse on twitter. Unjustified 

Regardless of what he does or doesn't contribute on the pitch and whether the way he is treated by the supporters is justified or not, that sending off was absolutely indefensible. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

2 hours ago, BishopLenBrennan said:

Regardless of what he does or doesn't contribute on the pitch and whether the way he is treated by the supporters is justified or not, that sending off was absolutely indefensible. 

No arguments there.

TIME FOR CHANGE!

For those who didn’t see Muirhead’s two bookings at the weekend...

I’d also add that Hopkin deflecting attention to the behaviour of the Dundee bench isn’t helpful in the slightest. I’m not asking him to go out and slaughter his players, but he has to make it clear that that sort of behaviour is unacceptable and won’t be tolerated. Citing external influences does neither Hopkin nor Muirhead any favours at all.

He couldn't wait to be off, could he?

He's the most disappointing signing in quite a while.

Now before Gavin goes, I'd like to ask him one more question.

Do you like Abba?

46 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

He couldn't wait to be off, could he?

He's the most disappointing signing in quite a while.

Ramsbottom was just last season.

• Upvote 1

onsP5NR.jpg

47 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Ramsbottom was just last season.

Not sure many expected much from Ramsbotton from the start to be 'disappointed.'

24 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Not sure many expected much from Ramsbotton from the start to be 'disappointed.'

I’d argue that nobody was expecting too much from Muirhead either in light of his career trajectory and the opinions of the Dunfermline fans from his time there.

He’s living down to my expectations anyway.

Jim MacAlister defending His actions ( Muirhead ) in Today's match report in the Scottish Sun saying Robbie should keep His mouth shut saying the second Yellow card was daft but He's passionate & just wants to win... Nothing like helping the Team & getting sent off..

1 hour ago, Toby said:

I’d argue that nobody was expecting too much from Muirhead either in light of his career trajectory and the opinions of the Dunfermline fans from his time there.

He’s living down to my expectations anyway.

Don't get me wrong, I was also firmly in the 'expected little, getting even less' camp with regards to Muirhead and not sure Trvmp's reasoning for labelling him a disappointment. 

Still think a few more might have hoped for better from him, maybe clinging on to the big sell Hopkin gave about reconverting him back to a number 9, than hoped for Ramsbottom coming from that level.

He isn’t Ramsbottom bad in that I can’t blame him single-handedly for costing us games (maybe Saturday aside) but he’s shown nothing since he got here to suggest he’s good enough, or even at Dunfermline before that. If Strapp is fully fit, he should be nowhere near the team. 

1 hour ago, Jamie_M said:

Don't get me wrong, I was also firmly in the 'expected little, getting even less' camp with regards to Muirhead and not sure Trvmp's reasoning for labelling him a disappointment. 

Still think a few more might have hoped for better from him, maybe clinging on to the big sell Hopkin gave about reconverting him back to a number 9, than hoped for Ramsbottom coming from that level.

Simply because of the kind of clubs he's played for in the past, which admittedly isn't a great metric.

Now before Gavin goes, I'd like to ask him one more question.

Do you like Abba?