Match Preview/Thread - Ayr United vs Morton (9th April) - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Ayr United vs Morton (9th April)

Despite VT mooting an error O'Connor made against Ross County many moons ago I'd still always start the tried and trusted partnership of him and Baird whenever available.  Muirhead shouldn't be starting either but I suppose we've little other option and he has to recover form at some point I suppose.  Home win.  Delighted if I'm proved wrong but I fear the worst tonight.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

One consistently amusing forum trait is that once everyone gangs up on a player "he's done, he's shite, he should be benched etc etc etc" that player steps up to the the plate and scores a crucial goal. Fair play done, shite, benched Mr. Broadfoot.

• Downvote 2

That's been coming. Pretty dire stuff really.

These fucking Ayr bumpkins showing the non-incident in the box 12 times on replay like it's the Zapruder footage.

EOho8Pw.png

12 minutes ago, SassenachTon said:

One consistently amusing forum trait is that once everyone gangs up on a player "he's done, he's shite, he should be benched etc etc etc" that player steps up to the the plate and scores a crucial goal. Fair play done, shite, benched Mr. Broadfoot.

Somewhat irrelevant when the deficiencies that led to those comments are nothing to do with his ability to join the attack at set pieces but rather his inability to keep goals out at the other end.

Maybe anatomy is a bit different in Ayrshire but they're still going on about Cammy Blues' "headbutt" - that'd be an interesting thing to pull off given that he only moved his shoulder.

EOho8Pw.png

Surprised they didn't score earlier , Morton constant long  ball  against the wind  getting nothing . Ayr trying to play on deck  granted scored via flighted free kick . Hopefully we can use wind in the second half 

forever optimistic

Got to stop that ball into the box for the goal.

These cunts going on about a baird headbutt 🤣.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

3 minutes ago, Scapaflow said:

Surprised they didn't score earlier , Morton constant long  ball  against the wind  getting nothing . Ayr trying to play on deck  granted scored via flighted free kick . Hopefully we can use wind in the second half 

I didn't think Ayr looked threatening at all tbh. Still fancy us to get at least a point.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

A point was probably a fair result judging by what I saw on stream. 

With Airdrie winning I would say the playoffs are now really unlikely, same long ball for most of the game pretty awful to watch it's not even that effective at the moment but I can't see Imrie changing. 

Pretty much just between 5th and 8th now you would imagine, again after such a promising start to the season as usually giving up towards the end. 

Not managing to improve the squad from our good position in Jan has been a big disappointment and has probably played its part in running out of steam after that brilliant run.

Cannot see us making the playoffs now which is majorly disappointing. Think we’ve got enough in the tank to stay away from any playoff nonsense below us.

Any word on Strapps injury? Desperately needing him back in.