Match Preview/Thread - Partick vs Morton (16th March) - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Partick vs Morton (16th March)

No wins or clean sheets in 8 for Partick, no goals in 5 of our last 6.

I'd be fine to see us persist with the back three here, Broadfoot man marking Graham isn't the worst idea and the performance against Hearts was certainly the best we've had in this run without Oakley.

If you wanted to make it more attacking to account for not needing to be as defensive at Firhill as against Hearts you could have Crawford deeper and put Garrity or McGrattan in for Gillespie to play off Muirhead, but I'd leave it as is as that probably brings too much of a risk of giving up the midfield. If Crawford plays his usual pressing game while their wingers manage to pin Strapp & French back, that could easily turn into a 5-2-3 rather than 3-5-1-1 and you've isolated Power and Blues.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Partick’s defence is not rated too highly, so if no Oakley we might be better to have someone else up front with Muirhead to take advantage. Crawford hasn’t scored for a while and I’d like to see him in a reasonably forward position for this one.

Is Quitongo still out?

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Never go into facing Partick with any confidence particularly with key players out. I've watched them a few times and they are good up top but woeful at the back would take a point right now but with Dunfermline winning last night it really is now getting so tight in the middle of the table. 

19 minutes ago, Scott said:

Sounds like we’re without Jai again today. I’d like to see Garrity come in for Gillespie but keep the same formation as Monday night. 

That wouldn't be the same formation at all, unless you're giving Garrity a Muirhead at left back level task. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

14 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

That wouldn't be the same formation at all, unless you're giving Garrity a Muirhead at left back level task. 

Thought it looked like Gillespie was playing on the right of a midfield 3 but more advanced than Blues & Power. Crawford can come into that role given we shouldn’t be so defensive today and allow Garrity to play further forward. 

10 minutes ago, Scott said:

Thought it looked like Gillespie was playing on the right of a midfield 3 but more advanced than Blues & Power. Crawford can come into that role given we shouldn’t be so defensive today and allow Garrity to play further forward. 

We need Crawford as high up the park as possible to pressure defences. That's been one of the big parts of our success this season. 

Almost got to admire the shithousery/gamesmanship. Almost. Then again, you could also label it reckless endangerment of the players by deliberately placing an obstacle too close to the line.

Will be a laugh if they’re made to shift them back before kick off. 
Presume there’s a limit on how close you can place the boards to the pitch.

This is a 4-2-3-1 with O'Connor right back, Power and French sitting, Gillespie in the middle of the 3. This seems insane.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake