Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Dundee United (5th March) - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Dundee United (5th March)

As it’s not on a Saturday afternoon, it doesn’t need to be geoblocked. Last Tuesday’s game at Raith was streamed on PPE for a tenner, including commentary and replays. Have to say their coverage was excellent with a more or less neutral commentator who had done his homework on us.

• Upvote 1

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

3 hours ago, Alibi said:

As it’s not on a Saturday afternoon, it doesn’t need to be geoblocked. Last Tuesday’s game at Raith was streamed on PPE for a tenner, including commentary and replays. Have to say their coverage was excellent with a more or less neutral commentator who had done his homework on us.

Is there not a rule in place that it can't be broadcast as it was originally a Saturday game?  Unless I'm mistaken the Raith game was always meant to be a Tuesday night which is why they could do a stream.

• Like 1

here today, gone to hell

3 hours ago, bob_the_builder said:

Is there not a rule in place that it can't be broadcast as it was originally a Saturday game?  Unless I'm mistaken the Raith game was always meant to be a Tuesday night which is why they could do a stream.

That would be the daftest rule ever.

Don't think there's any such rule.  There is a rule about geoblocking for around the time of Saturday afternoon games but outside that fairly narrow window it is allowed.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

7 hours ago, Toby said:

I expect the club will announce a stream later this afternoon, in order to have little impact as possible on the crowd.

Actually I think that's what Raith did - Initially they were offering a one month pass for £20 for IIRC overseas folk, but nearer the time the PPV option appeared.  The options offered initially depended on where your computer was logged on.

If they don't have PPV for tonight's game, they're missing a trick.

Edited by Alibi
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Alibi said:

Don't think there's any such rule.  There is a rule about geoblocking for around the time of Saturday afternoon games but outside that fairly narrow window it is allowed.

There might not be but I do remember a big English Premiership game involving (I think) Man City earlier this season taking place on a Tuesday night.  Folk obviously questioned why neither Sky or TNT were broadcasting it and the answer given was it was a postponed Saturday fixture and was still subject to the 3pm blackout rule

here today, gone to hell

Conflicting messages coming from Imrie via the club’s YouTube channel vs the Tele. 
Imrie said Mullen is back in contention for tonight in the official YouTube channel, but in the Tele he’s quoted saying Mullen is out for 2 to 3 weeks. 

1 hour ago, Alibi said:

Actually I think that's what Raith did - Initially they were offering a one month pass for £20 for IIRC overseas folk, but nearer the time the PPV option appeared.  The options offered initially depended on where your computer was logged on.

If they don't have PPV for tonight's game, they're missing a trick.

Given up hope of PPV😟... might be IPTV link knocking about somewhere around kick-off. Please share if you know of 1. TY.

1 hour ago, Scott said:

Conflicting messages coming from Imrie via the club’s YouTube channel vs the Tele. 
Imrie said Mullen is back in contention for tonight in the official YouTube channel, but in the Tele he’s quoted saying Mullen is out for 2 to 3 weeks. 

Mullen (and Jai) back and starting.

1 hour ago, Scott said:

Not like the tele to talk shite, tbf

• Upvote 2

TIME FOR CHANGE!

3 hours ago, bob_the_builder said:

There might not be but I do remember a big English Premiership game involving (I think) Man City earlier this season taking place on a Tuesday night.  Folk obviously questioned why neither Sky or TNT were broadcasting it and the answer given was it was a postponed Saturday fixture and was still subject to the 3pm blackout rule

It's understandable, you could imagine clubs or leagues gaming the system otherwise.

EOho8Pw.png

Not at the game tonight, foot is like a balloon. 

Mate saying Jai is clearly not ready to be playing tonight. I understand his important attributes he brings to the side but should we really be risking an already injured player instead of playing the fit ones on the bench? 

We did miss a glaring opportunity early on when their keeper dropped a long throw-in and Jai (I think) didn't get on the end of what looked like a tap-in. After that though, hee-haw. It's worrying how much weaker we are without Oakley. 

• Upvote 1