Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Partick (13th January) - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Partick (13th January)

Only ourselves to blame for not burying that at 1-0 up having had enough chances to do it, especially Muirhead's sitter at the back post. Still a good point in the grand scheme of things.

Such a disappointing goal to lose after how we've been defending lately, several chances to deal with it.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

1 hour ago, TRVMP said:

Angle's not great on the stream to judge these things but it did look offside to me, our disallowed goal.

Our high press is rattling them but we'd want a goal sooner rather than later, can't see us keeping this pace up for 90 minutes.

Watching Power skin Graham then shrug off the latter's shirt pull was pleasing.

It was offside I think. 

45 minutes ago, dunning1874 said:

Not convinced by Wilson off, particularly with Power and French both on bookings.

Thought we looked poor after he went off for a spell up to when they scored. Not the best of decisions. 

16 minutes ago, Pedrodelawasp said:

IMG_0900.jpeg

Was fine about quarter to. Started up towards the ticket office and in within a few minutes. Could be better but people could go earlier when it's a game where there's going to be a bigger crowd. Get the same complaints at Scotland games with people leaving it til the last minute. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2

The turnstiles need to be redone in the summer, they're not fit for purpose. 

I honestly dread us drawing Celtic or Rangers at home in the cup. It would be absolute fucking carnage and no end of bad publicity. 

Edited by Hej

16 minutes ago, irnbru said:

Was fine about quarter to. Started up towards the ticket office and in within a few minutes. Could be better but people could go earlier when it's a game where there's going to be a bigger crowd. Get the same complaints at Scotland games with people leaving it til the last minute. 

Nah, it’s not good enough. A stadium and crowd size of ours should not require supporters to turn up more than 20 minutes early to make sure they see kick off. 
Just a complete failure from the previous incompetent board, and will be costly to improve going forward. 

ETA - just because the same happens at Hampden doesn’t mean it’s fine for Morton. Hampden is also a joke, but from my experience is a bit better than it was a couple of years ago. 

Edited by Scott
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Scott said:

Nah, it’s not good enough. A stadium and crowd size of ours should not require supporters to turn up more than 20 minutes early to make sure they see kick off. 
Just a complete failure from the previous incompetent board, and will be costly to improve going forward. 

ETA - just because the same happens at Hampden doesn’t mean it’s fine for Morton. Hampden is also a joke, but from my experience is a bit better than it was a couple of years ago. 

I'm not saying it's ideal and it could be improved but at the same time you can't expect to turn up to big games 5/10 mins before kick off and stroll right in. 

• Downvote 3

Just now, irnbru said:

I'm not saying it's ideal and it could be improved but at the same time you can't expect to turn up to big games 5/10 mins before kick off and stroll right in. 

There were people joining the queue before 2.45 who missed kick off. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Scott said:

There were people joining the queue before 2.45 who missed kick off. 

They must've been joining a different queue from me then when I joined it at the same time. 

• Downvote 3

54 minutes ago, SassenachTon said:

Raith lose at home to Queens Park. This league is utterly batshit.

Hopefully the wheels are falling off this “fairytale” of a football club being bank rolled into the Premiership. The media buy into it is a joke. 

27 minutes ago, irnbru said:

We set off early anticipating having more trouble parking than usual, but got a space no bother and wandered straight up and through the turnstiles in the stand.

Seeing quite so many people getting in throughout the first 15/20 minutes would suggest the issue is not simply about a lack of prompt arrivals, especially given we weren’t exactly close to a full house.

Edited by Pedrodelawasp

2 minutes ago, Pedrodelawasp said:

We set off early anticipating having more trouble parking than usual, but got a space no bother and wandered straight up and through the turnstiles in the stand.

Seeing quite so many people getting in throughout the first 15/20 minutes would suggest the issue is not simply about a lack of prompt arrivals, especially given we weren’t exactly close to a full house.

Would it not suggest people turning up quite close to kick off and resulting in big queues so it took longer? 

• Downvote 2

Disappointed to not take all three points as they didn't really force Mullen into a save.

I wasn't confident before it so I would take a point and another game unbeaten, the only thing I would say is maybe a bit more quality out wide I think Quitongo did well when he came on but wouldn't mind seeing more of Bearne or McGrattan, it's good to have options. Power again was outstanding my MOTM. 

4 minutes ago, RossMcC1874 said:

Disappointed to not take all three points as they didn't really force Mullen into a save.

I wasn't confident before it so I would take a point and another game unbeaten, the only thing I would say is maybe a bit more quality out wide I think Quitongo did well when he came on but wouldn't mind seeing more of Bearne or McGrattan, it's good to have options. Power again was outstanding my MOTM. 

I'm loathed to criticise Jai, but I don't agree that he did well when he came on. He never (or rarely) got passed his man and often lost procession. But of course I understand he's sill a bit off the pace and needs more game time to get back up to speed.

4 minutes ago, Cet Homme Charmant said:

I'm loathed to criticise Jai, but I don't agree that he did well when he came on. He never (or rarely) got passed his man and often lost procession. But of course I understand he's sill a bit off the pace and needs more game time to get back up to speed.

Think that's pretty fair

• Upvote 1