Commercial Activity - Page 88 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Commercial Activity

Jamie_M

23 minutes ago, BishopBrennan said:

Some praise for the club - the Fanbase app is excellent. Being able to purchase matchday tickets and hospitality packages in less than two minutes is a massive improvement and a desperately needed upgrade on the clusterfuck that was our previous ticketing system. However, it really takes the shine off the improvement using a version of the badge without the white background behind the club name and above the ship:

e3df4f89-9573-42d2-ba3e-a04faf5cdf6c.jpg

This is an unacceptable way to be presenting the finest badge in Scottish football. We need far more consistency in how we present our badge across various social media and ticketing platforms.

Been a pet hate of mine for a few years. We actually got a new badge when Hawke was in charge but I honestly don't think anyone at the club actually noticed. It's a bit spot the difference, but this is it in use here:

image.png

Compared with the one most commonly used:

F2X6q4lWIAApt2f.jpeg

Might feel a bit daft but I really like the attention to detail Dundee United have with their club crest, and I'd like us to be the same. Not a major deal, but it's a level of professionalism, isn't it?

Agree the new ticketing system is excellent though.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Deego said:

Been a pet hate of mine for a few years. We actually got a new badge when Hawke was in charge but I honestly don't think anyone at the club actually noticed. It's a bit spot the difference, but this is it in use here:

image.png

Compared with the one most commonly used:

F2X6q4lWIAApt2f.jpeg

Might feel a bit daft but I really like the attention to detail Dundee United have with their club crest, and I'd like us to be the same. Not a major deal, but it's a level of professionalism, isn't it?

Agree the new ticketing system is excellent though.

For the benefit of the untrained eye, what is the difference between them?

*insert signature here*

25 minutes ago, capitanus said:

For the benefit of the untrained eye, what is the difference between them?

Looks like the ship, the rope, the numbering and outline of the banner are all crisper.

It should be a vector graphic that doesn't look like shit when you resize or otherwise fanny about with it (colours etc).

• Upvote 1

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

15 hours ago, Pedrodelawasp said:

On this picture you’ll note that between the red lines are quite faint, only becoming bold where they intersect. On the reproduction they’re almost solid throughout.

It may not be a dealbreaker for some (or many) but for me, added to the poor quality of the printed elements, I just don’t think it represents anything like value for the money spent on it.

I dont think that the pattern is far too different from the original as pictured below:

60a281c2-c577-4e78-af02-d678b1a8577b.jpg

*insert signature here*

Also worthwhile noting that there was a slight difference between the tartan shirts that the team wore back in 1993-5 from the shirts which were on sale to the general public.  The team had embroidered badges on the shirts whereas the supporters badges were a foam ironed-on transfer type:

907a1458-9181-4966-94ef-b89f4ba8b5b5.jpg

*insert signature here*

18 hours ago, capitanus said:

Also worthwhile noting that there was a slight difference between the tartan shirts that the team wore back in 1993-5 from the shirts which were on sale to the general public.  The team had embroidered badges on the shirts whereas the supporters badges were a foam ironed-on transfer type:

907a1458-9181-4966-94ef-b89f4ba8b5b5.jpg

The wording on the badge changed in 1994 from Morton - Football - Club to Greenock - Morton - FC Ltd, so the blue and red tartan strips had different badges. Always looked lop-sided to me compared to the old wording.

Edited by AyrshireTon
Extra word removed.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

19 hours ago, Toby said:

Admittedly, trying to kill this one stone dead is probably the second best option behind engaging your brain and not making such a stupid complaint in the first place, so well done on that one.

Well, sometimes it’s good to be called out for being a greeting faced so and so and for unnecessary negativity - particularly when there are lots of things to be positive about.

So, genuinely, cheers for not entertaining my nonsense.

If anyone would like the tartan top in a medium give me shout and it’s yours for free, or a contribution to the Morton in the Community season ticket appeal if you’d like.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Bottom right is the 93-94 strip (shop replica).

Bottom left looks like the same, but the one worn by the team.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

11 hours ago, TONofmemories said:

Replica retro top, some 20 odd years later, not being quite perfect. Shocker 

I'm not all that bothered about it mate.  I'm unlikely to buy any of the recent replica's.

*insert signature here*

13 hours ago, TONofmemories said:

Aside from crying over replicas, drove past cappielow today and noticed there's some sort of works going on in between norseman and the gym. Might not be the bit we own and planned to develop but somethings happening

Is the bit we own. Has been cleared and levelled. They have also removed the wall between side of  Norseman 

12 hours ago, TONofmemories said:

Aside from crying over replicas, drove past cappielow today and noticed there's some sort of works going on in between norseman and the gym. Might not be the bit we own and planned to develop but somethings happening

17 minutes ago, macca937 said:

Is the bit we own. Has been cleared and levelled. They have also removed the wall between side of  Norseman 

I noticed on Saturday they'd cleared and levelled it, I hadn't appreciated how big the space was.

Interested to know what the plans are. If they're intending on putting a permanent building there then obviously that's going to be months away from being in use, but it's just a case of sticking a marquee up or something else temporary that could be done very quickly.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

I don't want to detract from the positivity after a cracking result on Saturday - but my moan about the inconsistent presentation of the badge last week got me thinking. I was in hospitality on Saturday, and being in the main stand gives you a real eyeopener as to how many different versions of the badge we currently use. As the photo shows, there were three different club badges on my table alone. 

We've been fan-owned for near enough two years now, with comms assistance being given to the club under the Raes by MCT for near enough the same amount of time. For us to have such a haphazard and careless approach to our branding inside our own stadium this far down the line is completely unacceptable. We have a staff member and a club director who appear to be in charge of our marketing, comms and branding - why is this being allowed to happen? We have the nicest badge in Scottish football, why are we taking such a feckless approach to displaying it?

I've said it before and I'll say it again, our week-to-week comms have been excellent in the last couple of years and Gareth deserves a lot of credit for that. Social media output is consistently high quality, and I love the way that we've started using the Titan Crane as a mainstay in our branding. I'm hoping whoever is directly responsible for our branding has a plan to get this sorted, and quickly. 

IMG20230805141359.jpg

• Upvote 2

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks!