Commercial Activity - Page 87 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Commercial Activity

Jamie_M

My tartan jersey arrived today. It’s very disappointing.

The plaid is not a correct match for the original, they’ve used the wrong club crest for the time and the application of the crest, Matchwinner logo and sponsor feel very poor.

Perhaps they’ve just run with it after the delay and not wanting to disappoint customers, but really this should have been rejected.

I’ll be enquiring about a refund.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Pedrodelawasp said:

The plaid is not a correct match for the original, they’ve used the wrong club crest for the time and the application of the crest, Matchwinner logo and sponsor feel very poor.

Perhaps they’ve just run with it after the delay and not wanting to disappoint customers, but really this should have been rejected.

When I saw the photo of it, my first thought was that it didn't look the same tartan as my original top which I still have.  more a tribute act than a proper replica.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

15 hours ago, Pedrodelawasp said:

I'm still waiting on mine being delivered but I had a zoom in on Doddie's picture and had a look at a picture of an original below.  Apart from the wrong badge the only difference I've noticed is that the tartan is in the wrong position.  Basically the pattern that runs down the middle of the original is not the same one in the new release, it's the pattern either side of it. 

Not too big a deal for me to be honest so long as the quality is good and it lasts.

FOIq49jXEAU84ns.jpg

here today, gone to hell

1 hour ago, bob_the_builder said:

I'm still waiting on mine being delivered but I had a zoom in on Doddie's picture and had a look at a picture of an original below.  Apart from the wrong badge the only difference I've noticed is that the tartan is in the wrong position.  Basically the pattern that runs down the middle of the original is not the same one in the new release, it's the pattern either side of it. 

Not too big a deal for me to be honest so long as the quality is good and it lasts.

FOIq49jXEAU84ns.jpg

On this picture you’ll note that between the red lines are quite faint, only becoming bold where they intersect. On the reproduction they’re almost solid throughout.

It may not be a dealbreaker for some (or many) but for me, added to the poor quality of the printed elements, I just don’t think it represents anything like value for the money spent on it.

• Downvote 4

5 hours ago, Toby said:

You really need to dry your eyes on this. Retro shirts are rarely, if ever, exact replicas of the originals.

Mine haven’t arrived yet, but having seen Dean’s on Saturday, if you’re going to complain about the poor printed quality, the badge is the same quality as the one I had in the nineties. What do you want? Quality or accuracy? You can’t have both.

Maybe you feel you’ve got neither but the quality is definitely consistent with the shirts of the time.

Stamping your feet and demanding a refund over tiny little inaccuracies is pathetic.

I don’t like it and have been told there’s absolutely no problem with returning it, so that’s what I’ll do.

• Downvote 2

5 minutes ago, Pedrodelawasp said:

I don’t like it and have been told there’s absolutely no problem with returning it, so that’s what I’ll do.

If that alone was the case then fine, crack on. Instead though, you’ve come on here, citing minor differences between the replicas and the original shirts and perceived quality issues as the reason for your displeasure, and publicly so in a manner that could discourage others from buying a perfectly good product from Morton.

That you’re now downplaying your stance on the matter comes as little surprise- people often do it when called out for acting like a fanny, but don’t think for a second that you shouldn’t be dug up about your stupid temper tantrum.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Toby said:

If that alone was the case then fine, crack on. Instead though, you’ve come on here, citing minor differences between the replicas and the original shirts and perceived quality issues as the reason for your displeasure, and publicly so in a manner that could discourage others from buying a perfectly good product from Morton.

That you’re now downplaying your stance on the matter comes as little surprise- people often do it when called out for acting like a fanny, but don’t think for a second that you shouldn’t be dug up about your stupid temper tantrum.

Ok

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Pedrodelawasp said:

Ok

Admittedly, trying to kill this one stone dead is probably the second best option behind engaging your brain and not making such a stupid complaint in the first place, so well done on that one.