Squad and transfers 2019/20 - Page 13 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Squad and transfers 2019/20

Hej

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While Morton look bad in this instance, injury insurance and the paying for operations is a much wider issue than just us affecting players in Scotland as the lower leagues in England.

A lot of this was debated around the time Jamie McGowan needed an op and the club weren't paying for it.

Players paying for their own ops, team mates chipping in or players having to have extended lay offs as the await NHS treatment seemed more commonplace than you would think.

Yes, it's shocking but at a much wider level than just Morton.

Edit:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/45671685

While Morton look bad in this instance, injury insurance and the paying for operations is a much wider issue than just us affecting players in Scotland as the lower leagues in England.

A lot of this was debated around the time Jamie McGowan needed an op and the club weren't paying for it.

Players paying for their own ops, team mates chipping in or players having to have extended lay offs as the await NHS treatment seemed more commonplace than you would think.

Yes, it's shocking but at a much wider level than just Morton.

Edit:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/45671685

Aye it's not ideal but at the same time you have players and agents demanding the best of treatment and not listening to the staff at a club who's job is to find a balance between suitability and affordability.

Aye it's not ideal but at the same time you have players and agents demanding the best of treatment and not listening to the staff at a club who's job is to find a balance between suitability and affordability.

Interesting* to see you commenting in detail on the club’s perspective when five minutes ago you were feigning ‘not enough information’ to support the player.

* Entirely predictable

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Interesting* to see you commenting in detail on the club’s perspective when five minutes ago you were feigning ‘not enough information’ to support the player.

* Entirely predictable

Nah, I've no idea in this case (like you) but have been in similar situations and know others who have as well so I'm basing my opinion on that.

It's the job of the agent to get the best deal possible for their client, rather than to "listen" to people like Crawford Rae.

I'm sure whichever agent represents Charlie Telfer thought that an extension clause was a good deal, for example. More fool him.

There's no issue with the club looking out for itself - it's a business, after all - but agents will do the exact same thing. Or to put it another way, why aren't you mad that the club didn't "listen" to the agent?

EOho8Pw.png

Nah, I've no idea in this case (like you) but have been in similar situations and know others who have as well so I'm basing my opinion on that.

Please enlighten us then about the ‘similar’ situation either you or your acquaintances have had to this case. ‘Listening to Iron Man’s Geordie whining during post-match hospitality’ doesn’t count btw.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Please enlighten us then about the ‘similar’ situation either you or your acquaintances have had to this case. ‘Listening to Iron Man’s Geordie whining during post-match hospitality’ doesn’t count btw.

I've been given an option of 4 weeks recovery with physio or 8 with surgery and know people who's been at a much higher level than me who have been in similar situations and more often than not its the cheap option they get.

Edit to add - there must be a physio or something on here who'll confirm there's different recovery options. It's not an I usual thing. I get Thomsons point but I also understand the clubs stance.

I've been given an option of 4 weeks recovery with physio or 8 with surgery and know people who's been at a much higher level than me who have been in similar situations and more often than not its the cheap option they get.

Edit to add - there must be a physio or something on here who'll confirm there's different recovery options. It's not an I usual thing. I get Thomsons point but I also understand the clubs stance.

Pretty much. One of my colleagues at the moment was faced with the choice between a £6,500 surgery that his medical insurance didn't cover, with a total of 3 month recovery period, or an 8 month recovery period with a surgery that was available through his insurance. 

I'm happy for the club to decide these issues on a case-by-case basis, and I'm also quite content that Morton made the right call with Thomson. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

Cheers so72, so how come a few fans are saying we have too many midfielders? Even if the players yet to decide accept their offers, we would have something like this:

Pearson

New. Buchanan. New

McAlister. Jacobs. Strapp

Millar. Tidser

Lyon

McHugh

Subs: Tumilty, Dykes

Were you a professional footballer contracted to a full-time professional club at the time? If not then your experience of ‘being injured’ isn’t relevant at all.

Cheers so72, so how come a few fans are saying we have too many midfielders? Even if the players yet to decide accept their offers, we would have something like this:

Pearson

New. Buchanan. New

McAlister. Jacobs. Strapp

Millar. Tidser

Lyon

McHugh

Subs: Tumilty, Dykes

Because they are counting McAlister as one not a wing back like he is in your lineup (which makes 6 in a small squad) and nobody is expecting us to field 4 central midfielders as in your lineup.

Most expect 2 or 3 central midfielders in our lineup, therefore that would mean 3 or 4 sitting out, which they think is too much in a small squad (again, all numbers counting McAlister as a central Midfielder).

Were you a professional footballer contracted to a full-time professional club at the time? If not then your experience of ‘being injured’ isn’t relevant at all.

No but funnily enough, options for medical treatment is the same for footballers as it is for everyone else.

Archived