Who now? - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Who now?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/david-hopkin-interview-you-can-have-all-the-skill-but-you-need-mental-strength-to-go-and-play-pvbmx7nkq

For anyone who thinks Hopkin would be put off by our current "situation", please read the above article.

For me, it only goes to show he is the perfect man for the job.

He enjoys strumming to Eagles songs on his banjo.

I thought he would have been into Killing Joke or something like that.

*insert signature here*

Statement makes it sound the exact opposite of that.

Nope, it has the distinct air of 'we know who we want but will humour the other applicants by pretending to read their CVs'. If they were intending to draw up a real shortlist(leet) by the end of the week before holding interviews/contract negotiations then I don't think they'd be so confident about getting someone in the job next week. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I must be in the minority here. There's absolutely nothing to suggest Hopkin can build a team for next year. One good season in a weak Championship doesn't make you a manageerial mastermind. In my opinion, it would be another horrible year if Hopkin gets the nod.

Aye, a guy who won two leagues in a row would be a horrible appointment.

I must be in the minority here. There's absolutely nothing to suggest Hopkin can build a team for next year. One good season in a weak Championship doesn't make you a manageerial mastermind. In my opinion, it would be another horrible year if Hopkin gets the nod.

“Absolutely nothing” seems strong given that he’s done it before. Not conclusive proof that he will again, sure, but more than nothing.

Archived