queens v ton - Page 5 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

queens v ton

beetee

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Totally agree, however we the loyal and long suffering supporters most certainly do not!

JB.

We most certainly do not.

But some are of the belief that it is the only thing that will actually accelerate real change.

We most certainly do not.

But some are of the belief that it is the only thing that will actually accelerate real change.

Aye real change to Part-Time football and league 1 midtable obscurity.

We all know a budget cut is coming, but no-one knows by how much( doubt even the board know until we see where finish) Who's to say it is only cut down to a Queens/Ayr/livvy type level rather than an Alloa and even then all 4 of those have and do compete with their respective budgets so don't agree we are automatically assumed to be Brechin like next season!

I don’t expect the budget to be cut to a level which makes survival impossible. I do expect Jonatan Johansson to start the season as our manager having had a summer to fill the squad with nonsense, which would make survival impossible even if we had the biggest budget in the division.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Out of interest, will the season tickets be even cheaper next season if were in the seaside leagues?

One thing it certainly would do is make the £20 admission for matchday tickets unfeasable and unworkable. Very few if any would part with that sort of cash to watch the likes of Stenny and Embra City. That's London/SouthEast admission prices for EFL Championship to watch a quality of Football more akin to Conference South.

Charabanc Sandy take note.

*insert signature here*

I don’t want to go all ITK (I’m not, just know a few things that have gone on recently) but the budget for next season will be closer to Ayr/Livi than a Queens/Dunfermline etc. Some of the cutbacks we’re making (and things we’re doing to make them) are pretty staggering/just a bit sad. We’re going to be lucky to attract players much better than Dykes next season.

I don’t want to go all ITK (I’m not, just know a few things that have gone on recently) but the budget for next season will be closer to Ayr/Livi than a Queens/Dunfermline etc. Some of the cutbacks we’re making (and things we’re doing to make them) are pretty staggering/just a bit sad. We’re going to be lucky to attract players much bettee than Dykes next season.

:huh:

Is bettee a player?

*insert signature here*

I don’t want to go all ITK (I’m not, just know a few things that have gone on recently) but the budget for next season will be closer to Ayr/Livi than a Queens/Dunfermline etc. Some of the cutbacks we’re making (and things we’re doing to make them) are pretty staggering/just a bit sad. We’re going to be lucky to attract players much better than Dykes next season.

I’m certainly not ITK either, but even factoring Dobbie’s wages into Queens’ budget, I’d imagine it’s far closer to Ayr’s than it is to Dunfermline’s. They’re a strange example to give as relatively big spenders in this league imo.

I’m certainly not ITK either, but even factoring Dobbie’s wages into Queens’ budget, I’d imagine it’s far closer to Ayr’s than it is to Dunfermline’s. They’re a strange example to give as relatively big spenders in this league imo.

I was thinking the same. I wouldn't imagine there will be much difference between QotS and Ayr next season, and I'd guess we'll be similar.

Aye, probably wasn’t the best example to use, my bad. Forget the exact post/poster but somebody was saying the budget might not be that bad, and would be around Ayr’s level - it’s not even at that for next season.

Aye, probably wasn’t the best example to use, my bad. Forget the exact post/poster but somebody was saying the budget might not be that bad, and would be around Ayr’s level - it’s not even at that for next season.

Was my post and I never said it would be around anything, I've no idea what ours, Ayrs or anyone's elses budget is, pure speculation like most of us I suspect.

Curious to know how you know for sure both Ayrs budget this year and ours next year though?

Was my post and I never said it would be around anything, I've no idea what ours, Ayrs or anyone's elses budget is, pure speculation like most of us I suspect.

Curious to know how you know for sure both Ayrs budget this year and ours next year though?

I mean I don’t personally. Only going on what I’ve been told.

For pure speculation, I think it’d be fine to assume our average wage is higher than Ayr’s this season, probably won’t be next season.

Aye real change to Part-Time football and league 1 midtable obscurity.

That's coming down the chute anyway unless the club gets handed over in the next few months to competent investors. And in the supposed best case scenario of 'survival', we'll be putting up with TTGJ's brand of absolutely dung football on top of having absolute ringers disgrace the jersey on a weekly basis. 

Our league status should be the least of our concerns right now.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

That's coming down the chute anyway unless the club gets handed over in the next few months to competent investors. And in the supposed best case scenario of 'survival', we'll be putting up with TTGJ's brand of absolutely dung football on top of having absolute ringers disgrace the jersey on a weekly basis.

Our league status should be the least of our concerns right now.

I get your point of view but the longer we can put off total obscurity the more likely we are to get taken over. I fear that if we went down now it would be a long long time before we re-emerged - if we re-emerged.

1. Ayr can probably attract better than us already and

2. Hawke used dykes as a reference at the Q&A as the type of high quality loan player that a club like Morton can take on and give game time.

We're fucked

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Ayr could not attract better players than us and McCall has said that they'll be making to be making budget cuts of their own next season. A lot of clubs at this level are in a similar boat to ourselves financially.

It's quite possible then that this division next season will be stacked full of dross, cost-cutting full-time sides and a few perennial seaside league outfits as well. It shouldn't be that hard for GMFC to tread water then but with a piss-poor manager and Iron Man already at the helm you can just see us underperforming and making a total cunt of it yet again. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

• 4 weeks later...

Let Alloa win on Tuesday to send that Grangemouth scum slithering towards the trapdoor. King Snake McKinnon and King Snake counting their pennies at Stair Park next season would be absolutely fucking delicious.

That’s the big prize at stake here. Iron Man running his shan sustainability project in either division is irrelevant to me tbh.

^^^ award-winning, fact-based analysis

Everyone celebrating a Falkirk relegation today owes it to the three points that we gifted Alloa at Cappielow. The foolish people who opposed this plan would have brought about a nauseating, Falkirk ‘Great Escape’ story in the playoffs instead.

^^^ award-winning, fact-based analysis

Everyone celebrating a Falkirk relegation today owes it to the three points that we gifted Alloa at Cappielow. The foolish people who opposed this plan would have brought about a nauseating, Falkirk ‘Great Escape’ story in the playoffs instead.

Agreed.

Archived