Morton vs. Dunfermline - 1st December 2018 - Page 8 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton vs. Dunfermline - 1st December 2018

capitanus

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We also said that we released quitongo. However, no exploration of why, what we would be entitled to etc.

I can only imagine we have ****ed it up

And didn’t get the level of compensation expected and got £200 and a bag of mars bars.[/quote

Yip this ]

We also said that we released quitongo. However, no exploration of why, what we would be entitled to etc.

I can only imagine we have ****ed it up

And didn’t get the level of compensation expected and got £200 and a bag of mars bars.[/quote

Yip this ]

It's irritating that the club do not keep us informed over matters like these. A simple short statement like the one released by Thistle is all that is needed to put rumours to bed.

Doubt the club has the baws to say we feked up.We were shouting from the roof tops that we wanted 6 figures for jai so there is no chance Partick would get him. It’s prety obvious we feked up and jai did what he wanted.

When did they shout anything from the rooftops to that effect?

If Duffy is as good as you think he is then why did he fail to get any of the Championship jobs that he applied for and washed up at Dumbarton like a seaside league dinosaur? Why did several other boards share the view of this club and fanbase that he would never take them to a higher level than this one and why are they all wrong? Be extremely specific.

It's all a matter of opinion. The reality is Duffy turned us into a stable Championship outfit and built teams considerably better than th e current dross who will, I believe, be in or around the relegation places. Henceforth getting rid of Duffy was a bad move.

It's all a matter of opinion. The reality is Duffy turned us into a stable Championship outfit and built teams considerably better than th e current dross who will, I believe, be in or around the relegation places. Henceforth getting rid of Duffy was a bad move.

I can definitely see the argument here, but bear in mind that the club (apparently) believes it can attain promotion in the next three seasons. If that's the case, simply being a stable second tier club (as we've been for most of our history) isn't going to be enough. They need someone to push it to the next level. They thought that was McKinnon, and maybe it would have been. It seems unlikely, but not impossible, that it'll be JJ. But you'd have to admit that at no time under Duffy's reign did we look like seriously troubling the playoff final, much less the title. You can say to that, well, that's an unrealistic expectation, or not what he was asked to do. Both fair points. But the BoD clearly felt that, if tasked with such an aim, he couldn't reach it. I happen to think they were correct to think that, and even if the appointment of JJ ends up as a failure, that won't change this fact.

EOho8Pw.png

Duffy had to go. The way we capitulated in the final quarter of the last two seasons was unacceptable.

I'm willing to give JJ until the end of the season (barring us getting caught up in the relegation battle). It'll be interesting to see what he does with the squad. Expecting a few changes in and out.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Erm no that’s not just a matter of opinion; we also have facts to consider. If Duffy is as good as his fluffers think he is and was disgracefully removed then he should have walked into another Championship job in the six months since being punted at Cappielow. He failed to do so despite applying for several vacancies and washed up at a part time seaside league outfit instead. The judgment of his management ability here is evidently shared then by every other club of a comparable size in Scottish football: that’s not an opinion; that’s a fact. And GMFC taking a gamble on a novice to do better doesn’t change that fact either.

Thanks for playing anyway.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I'm glad Duffy went. He was taking us nowhere. I'm just surprised that he got another job. Talking us down all the time was infuriating. His teams were better than what we have now, but more should have been done with that.

Ending up with a poorer manager than Duffy - which certainly looks like the case for all that we only have 13 games to judge Johansson on so far - doesn't make sacking Duffy the wrong decision. It makes appointing Johansson the wrong decision.

The club claim to be targeting promotion to the top flight. Duffy obviously wasn't going to deliver it and was taking us backwards so sacking him was correct. Getting the two appointments since wrong doesn't change that fact, the decisions to be criticised are McKinnon and Johansson.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Archived