Morton vs. Dunfermline - 1st December 2018 - Page 5 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton vs. Dunfermline - 1st December 2018

capitanus

I don’t know what JJ has shown that should allow him to build a team, potentially leaving us having to pick up the pieces all over again. We’ve had one good performance at home to Thistle and even then that was down to the opposition more than what we were doing.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While they can't be expected to compensate for an underperforming manager, does anyone else think that the senior players of the squad need to step up a little bit? Miller and McAllister should be ensuring that the heads do not go down as soon as a goal is conceded. And I'm on speech to text so don't give me anything about the misspelled names

EOho8Pw.png

He’s already lost that right to more time by his team getting horsed on a weekly basis. Ross County, a woeful Dunfermline side and worst of all Ayr ****ing United. Enough is enough - he’s useless and it’s time to get rid.

So we pay him off, hire a new manager and then do what with the current squad of players?

There's no chance he'll be going any time soon, especially since he'll be given January to try to adjust the squad he inherited.

I agree completely that too many performances haven't been good enough, and we've had some really worrying performances, but I'd rather focus attention on trying to adjust the squad. We recruited really poorly at the back (and in wide areas) and we need to hope that this can be rectified. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried, but I'd be surprised if things were very settled behind the scenes. I'm not going to criticise others for giving up on JJ after our poor performances but there have been absolutely loads of occasions when a manager has recovered from a poor start to a job.

I was humbled enough by being wrong about Duffy to last me a lifetime, so I'm willing to be more patient this time.

So we pay him off, hire a new manager and then do what with the current squad of players?

Eh work on them in training every day of the week so they don't look like a bunch of training dummies on Saturdays. It isn't a squad of complete duds like the one we got relegated with a few years ago. It looks dung on the park now because the manager is s***e at his job. 

I'm not going to criticise others for giving up on JJ after our poor performances but there have been absolutely loads of occasions when a manager has recovered from a poor start to a job.

And there's been far more occasions when the manager was s***e, remained s***e and only got punted after sinking the club as well. And there is no previous record to show that the current manager has what it takes to do the job. I wouldnt trust him to get two pints of milk from the shop never mind let him sign his own players in January. 

There's no chance he'll be going any time soon, especially since he'll be given January to try to adjust the squad he inherited. 

That's where you're wrong - more of these pumpings and he'll be getting hounded from the terraces like McInally and Grady before him. It'll become untenable and he'll be out the door. 

Eh work on them in training every day of the week so they don't look like a bunch of training dummies on Saturdays. It isn't a squad of complete duds like the one we got relegated with a few years ago. It looks dung on the park now because the manager is s***e at his job.

And there's been far more occasions when the manager was s***e, remained s***e and only got punted after sinking the club as well. And there is no previous record to show that the current manager has what it takes to do the job. I wouldnt trust him to get two pints of milk from the shop never mind let him sign his own players in January.

That's where you're wrong - more of these pumpings and he'll be getting hounded from the terraces like McInally and Grady before him. It'll become untenable and he'll be out the door.

Grady lasted the season before Rae got the man he wanted in the first place.

McInally was hounded a long, long time before he finally left.

You say that it's only the manager that's the dud, where's the evidence for that? Which of our defenders had ever been a consistent part of a good defence at this level?

JJ isn't approaching things as I would like to see him do at the moment. I think that he is too focused on our weaknesses (and that can often be the downfall of managers). Maybe he is a complete dud, but he's not leaving anytime soon unless things get much, much worse.

McInally hung around for years after he should have gone, and Grady only left at the end of the season. Not the best example. Irons would be a better one.

Irons, like Cowboy, was a player revolt rather than a hounding from the fans.

It's a different chairman/board so things might be different now, but fans have had very little say in Morton managers leaving.

Grady lasted the season before Rae got the man he wanted in the first place.

McInally was hounded a long, long time before he finally left.

Grady was never getting any more time because the atmosphere was poison. McInally was hounded into leaving in the middle of the season when Rae wanted to keep the useless clown for as long as possible. The chairman even blasted the fans for their treatment of Saint Jim after finally accepting his 17th offer to resign. Which wouldn't have happened without the shame games at Dunfermline, and Livingston and of course Clyde in the space of a few weeks. 

The club alone doesnt get to decide when a managers time is up - when fans are hounding from the terraces or not showing up at all, a football club responds. 

You say that it's only the manager that's the dud, where's the evidence for that?

Eh the fact that he took over a team that was doing perfectly fine and it is now getting absolutely pumped on a regular basis. Not fucking rocket science this. 

I do not see anything to suggest JJ is competent as a manager or capable of turning this around and leading us to the three year plan we bought into at the season begin.

Feel good factor is long gone and we are looking down once agai.

While they can't be expected to compensate for an underperforming manager, does anyone else think that the senior players of the squad need to step up a little bit? Miller and McAllister should be ensuring that the heads do not go down as soon as a goal is conceded. And I'm on speech to text so don't give me anything about the misspelled names

McAlister is shite so that won't be helping matters much.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Grady was never getting any more time because the atmosphere was poison. McInally was hounded into leaving in the middle of the season when Rae wanted to keep the useless clown for as long as possible. The chairman even blasted the fans for their treatment of Saint Jim after finally accepting his 17th offer to resign. Which wouldn't have happened without the shame games at Dunfermline, and Livingston and of course Clyde in the space of a few weeks. 

The club alone doesnt get to decide when a managers time is up - when fans are hounding from the terraces or not showing up at all, a football club responds. 

Eh the fact that he took over a team that was doing perfectly fine and it is now getting absolutely pumped on a regular basis. Not ****ing rocket science this. 

Grady was never going to be kept on, unless he performed sensationally. Rae had his mind set on Moore from the beginning and the fans had no influence on that decision. 

The fans got to McInally in the end, but he had survived abuse for seasons before that. He left after 1 win from 11 in the league and relegation looking more than likely. JJ has a long way to go before results sink to that level, and, like I said, won't be going anywhere unless that happens. 

You're going on three league games, which is such a small sample. I've said before that McKinnon would probably have his squad performing better, but the cracks were there from the start. I don't see how anyone could argue that we didn't deserve to be hammered by QotS on the opening day. It was nothing that we did that prevented that. 

Like it or not, JJ will be given time to change the squad as much as he can and try to turn things around. 

Grady was never going to be kept on, unless he performed sensationally. Rae had his mind set on Moore from the beginning and the fans had no influence on that decision.

The fans got to McInally in the end, but he had survived abuse for seasons before that. He left after 1 win from 11 in the league and relegation looking more than likely. JJ has a long way to go before results sink to that level, and, like I said, won't be going anywhere unless that happens.

You're going on three league games, which is such a small sample. I've said before that McKinnon would probably have his squad performing better, but the cracks were there from the start. I don't see how anyone could argue that we didn't deserve to be hammered by QotS on the opening day. It was nothing that we did that prevented that.

Like it or not, JJ will be given time to change the squad as much as he can and try to turn things around.

Fully agree. We’re still shite though and will finish below Falkirk. Hopefully they get up to at least 7th.

Would just like to point out how fucking awful Kilday was btw. It’s a shame to see how much he’s regressed, but his effort leading up to the penalty was laughable. Buchanan was stupid to give the penalty, but Kilday had plenty of time to bring the ball under control and find a pass. Instead he fucked up a simple touch and pass and gifted the ball to the Dunfermline player.

He needs dropped and replaced adequately in January. Who knows, at this rate we might have another new manager by then.

You're going on three league games, which is such a small sample.

Pish. When the three games are lost by a 13-1 scoreline the message is clear enough. And its not like the other games have been much better. His team also lost at home to fucking Alloa and needed a replay to get past a crap Third Division team in recent weeks. If you don't think that is the record of a dud then you're beyond help. 

Pish. When the three games are lost by a 13-1 scoreline the message is clear enough. And its not like the other games have been much better. His team also lost at home to ****ing Alloa and needed a replay to get past a crap Third Division team in recent weeks. If you don't think that is the record of a dud then you're beyond help.

The 3 game sample he was referring to was the 3 games the snake was in charge for.

The 3 game sample he was referring to was the 3 games the snake was in charge for.

Yeah, there has been plenty to be worried about in a number of performances under JJ (and his questioning of the players mentality is a sign that things aren't quite right) but we also had 7 points after our first 3 games in Jim McInally's season in this league (when neither the squad or manager were up to the job). McKinnon's three League games in charge is no proof that the squad is good enough.

Archived