January Transfer Window Thread - Page 21 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

January Transfer Window Thread

BishopBrennan

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tidser offered a deal by Dundee. Morton not offered anything yet.

Edit: Source is the Greenock Telegraph, before Jamie M starts crying again.

That would be a huge loss and one where the blame would be entirely on the Board. Tids should be given all the money we can afford

Summer contracts thread for this knicker-wetting pish.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Summer contracts thread for this knicker-wetting pish.

Wouldn't be so sure it is for the summer mate.

Dundee might be trying to get a fee from Rangers for their CM who has just signed a 4 year deal with them, and replace him with Tidser.

Point out where the 'knicker-wetting' in my post is......

Just passing on a news story. Much more relevant than your juniors score pish.

Next.

A: The part where you breathlessly clutched your pearls about the club ‘not having offered anything yet’, despite that being completely standard practice at this stage in the contract cycle.

And it’s not actually more relevant at all. My contribution was about an ex player in a thread about ex players (100% relevancy); yours is an obvious, agent-driven piece to land a deal the summer that has got nothing to do with the January transfer window (0%).

Thanks for playing anyway.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Wouldn't be so sure it is for the summer mate.

Dundee might be trying to get a fee from Rangers for their CM who has just signed a 4 year deal with them, and replace him with Tidser.

The only thing that Dundee can offer the player is a PCA to sign from this summer and there’s no reason for the club to sell for whatever token fee Dundee would offer. But by all means continue wetting your knickers about an obvious non-story.

A: The part where you breathlessly clutched your pearls about the club ‘not having offered anything yet’, despite that being completely standard practice at this stage in the contract cycle.

And it’s not actually more relevant at all. My contribution was about an ex player in a thread about ex players (100% relevancy); yours is an obvious, agent-driven piece to land a deal the summer that has got nothing to do with the January transfer window (0%).

Thanks for playing anyway.

I regurgitated a new story and posted it on here. Hardly me clutching at anything. 

Unless you're being deliberately obtuse (we all know you are), i fail to see how the story isn't related to this thread. An offer has been made to one of our players - in the JANUARY transfer window...

The story doesn't mention anything about the summer. 

Swing and miss. 

TIME FOR CHANGE!

:lol:

Aw, look who's all grown up and is learning how to post news right. So proud.

It wasn't even me that asked for your source.

:lol:

The only thing that Dundee can offer the player is a PCA to sign from this summer and there’s no reason for the club to sell for whatever token fee Dundee would offer. But by all means continue wetting your knickers about an obvious non-story.

It was only a theory mate.

Looks to me like there's only one person wetting their knickers over this. I now see why they call you virginton. 

tidsers far too loyal to reset the club mid season

Money talks, and given JJ continually plays him in a position where he's not as effective, he might feel he needs to move on at this stage in his career. We've had him back for 4 full seasons, and only really saw him back to his best at the beginning of this season when McKinnon played him where he should be. I'd be a bit fed up if I was in his position. 

I see someone on Facebook is saying that we are signing Dylan Dykes. An ex-Rangers youth who failed to make it then moved to County and has struggled there. He is a midfielder and I would be very surprised if this were true. But its a rumour that someone has posted so worth a share.

I knew Dylan and his brother growing up and the boy had some ability but there’s no way he’s good enough to be first choice for us. Would be a very strange signing.

As for Tids, given Dundee’s current state I’d like to think he’d swiftly patch it, but as Scott says, JJ does not appear to value him as much/know how to get as much out of him as McKinnon.

Money talks, and given JJ continually plays him in a position where he's not as effective, he might feel he needs to move on at this stage in his career. We've had him back for 4 full seasons, and only really saw him back to his best at the beginning of this season when McKinnon played him where he should be. I'd be a bit fed up if I was in his position. 

Agree with this, and if at his age he has a shot at the Premiership (or a meaningful challenge for promotion, which you'd expect Dundee to do if they come down) he would be remiss to not at least consider it.

EOho8Pw.png

That throws the 3 year plan out the window if you aren’t even going to try and hold onto your best players - not that I actually felt Morton we’re capable of sticking to the ‘plan’ anyway.

The Ton Survived & Your Pipe Dream Died

18th September 2014

That throws the 3 year plan out the window if you aren’t even going to try and hold onto your best players - not that I actually felt Morton we’re capable of sticking to the ‘plan’ anyway.

There never was a plan, merely a ploy to flog season tickets and dupe the fans into thinking we actually have any kind of direction or statement of intent going forward. Which of course we don't.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Archived