January Transfer Window Thread - Page 26 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

January Transfer Window Thread

BishopBrennan

It won't be Joel Kausibandi. I actually play 5s with him and he is still in the Junior leagues.

He has not had a sniff at seniors for a good 4 years now. The last trial he had was Dumbarton hen he played for Clydebank.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at the squad numbers, we have a 1st team squad of just 16 players at the moment and that includes Oliver and Johnstone who are out/slowing returning to fitness so it's really 14 which is a concern ( and that includes 2 keepers)

That number excludes Tiff as we don't know if he is staying and the dev players- Strapp, Lyon, Armour etc.

I fully expect to us to add a few, but we really need to get them in fast. If we pick up a few injuries before new players come in, we are fecked!

I fully expect to us to add a few, but we really need to get them in fast. If we pick up a few injuries before new players come in, we are fecked!

We're fourth in a league of absolute dung and have just two league games before the transfer window closes. There is absolutely no need to panic sign players soon to bulk up our squad.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

We're fourth in a league of absolute dung and have just two league games before the transfer window closes. There is absolutely no need to panic sign players soon to bulk up our squad.

Who mentioned panic signings?

We clearly have a few targets in mind and it sounds like we have did a bit of homework on that. I'm  saying it's in our best interests to get them in as quick as possible primarily to give us a better chance of winning those two games( and  the cup game) but also the fact that we only have have 12 fit outfield players.  If we were to pick up an injury or two tomorrow in training for example we are scrapping the barrel to get a team out against Alloa, a game we need to be looking to win if we want to come top 4.

Who mentioned panic signings?

We clearly have a few targets in mind and it sounds like we have did a bit of homework on that. I'm  saying it's in our best interests to get them in as quick as possible primarily to give us a better chance of winning those two games( and  the cup game) but also the fact that we only have have 12 fit outfield players.  If we were to pick up an injury or two tomorrow in training for example we are scrapping the barrel to get a team out against Alloa, a game we need to be looking to win if we want to come top 4.

Of course we can field a team for Saturday. We have a development squad - from which Lyon has already made a contribution this season - and which is supposed to be the seamless conveyor belt of top quality players and sellable prospects by now. If those players aren't able to come in and temporarily fill in for the first team then they shouldn't be at the club. 

Our prospects of finishing in the top four will be harmed much more by pushing through a crap deal now than slightly increasing our chances of getting beat on Saturday. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Of course we can field a team for Saturday. We have a development squad - from which Lyon has already made a contribution this season - and which is supposed to be the seamless conveyor belt of top quality players and sellable prospects by now. If those players aren't able to come in and temporarily fill in for the first team then they shouldn't be at the club.

Our prospects of finishing in the top four will be harmed much more by pushing through a crap deal now than slightly increasing our chances of getting beat on Saturday.

Or get a good player In as quickly as poss. Ie. Kiltie. That's not a panic signing. Acting astutely is in our best interests.

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Or get a good player In as quickly as poss. Ie. Kiltie. That's not a panic signing. Acting astutely is in our best interests.

What makes you think that the club aren't trying to get good players in as quickly as possible? It's only January 9th though and so most clubs are only now assessing their squads for the second half of the season - that's why a lot of loan players in this division have just gone back to their parent clubs this week.

We have more than enough in our squad to take care of two part-time opponents in our upcoming matches and so can afford to be patient if that's required to get the right player. 

What makes you think that the club aren't trying to get good players in as quickly as possible? It's only January 9th though and so most clubs are only now assessing their squads for the second half of the season - that's why a lot of loan players in this division have just gone back to their parent clubs this week.

We have more than enough in our squad to take care of two part-time opponents in our upcoming matches and so can afford to be patient if that's required to get the right player.

I dont think that. You're basically saying that if push something through it'll be a crap player. The case might be that we've managed to get a good player In pretty quickly.

TIME FOR CHANGE!

If we're more worried about time than quality then the chances of signing gubbins ringers increases exponentially. See 'Jim Duffy putting a team together in mid-July, 2014-17'. 

Tidser clearly loves the club but I'd imagine Dundee would offer a multi year contract that we won't and give him a pay rise so couldn't really blame him if he goes.

He's probably thoroughly fed up being misused by morton managers as well.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Archived