Mckinnon To Leave For Falkirk Tonight - Page 5 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Mckinnon To Leave For Falkirk Tonight

sammy

Again, absolutely bizarre.

I have absolutely no issue with you choosing not to engage with me, you are under no obligation to do so and I don't blame you if you don't want to, but if you don't want to discuss it, actually stick to it, rather than putting in these snidey wee one-line responses that just clutter up the board. If you have anything else to say to me, do so via PM, and I pledge to do the same.

EOho8Pw.png

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probation periods in business are to protect the business.

I do not buy into the probationary debate and miller is apples and oranges.

Pretty much, yes. I can think of cases where the probationary period is two-way (as apparently it was in Miller's case) but at the professional level I just can't fathom a club putting its signature on a document that says "oh aye and if you get a better offer from a team in the same league, fill your boots."

EOho8Pw.png

Fact is McKinnon has jumped for the first job to come up and totally screwing over our three year plan which he was part of. Probation period is a non topic here, he was under contract and the club should have had a clause that they were due compensation.

The fact he has left so soon into the season for a rival leaves many questions as o why did he take the role and why has he decided to leave and why so soon.

It is a shambles and kills the feel good we were building.

A probabtion period might allow for it in an individual contract. It would depend on the terms of the individual’s contract.

For a 6 month contract you would not have a 3 month probation - that is madness! Saying that we are talking about Morton...

It's not an explanation. Explanations need to explain. You've not explained why Morton would sign a contract where the manager can unilaterally leave for another job, without compensation, for X amount of time. To be clear I can think of times when clubs might do this - clubs very low down the football chain where the manager is part-time and has another job and a young family, say, or they have a manager who's very likely to get a role higher up in the game so they're grateful just to have him. But at the full-time professional level, where there are six figures at stake in terms of player contracts, prize money etc., it strikes me as really ****ing negligent to do this, which is why you virtually never see managers leave professional clubs for nothing in this way.

You're mates with Crawford, you've said so before. Expecting that not to color your opinions of matters at Cappielow would be weird, since normal people tend to be loyal to their mates.

There's no point in discussing it anyway, you just throw 'suggestions' in to obfuscate then slither off like you always do. Good riddance.

You cannot ever use the word "loyal" in a thread involving Ray McKinnon.

The hatred towards the ub here is too much. The snake here is Ray McKinnon and once its comfirmed I am sure we will hear from the club. If they then go and get Hopkin then tbh I will be pretty fine with that and excited to absolutely hound Ray.

The hatred towards the ub here is too much. The snake here is Ray McKinnon and once its comfirmed I am sure we will hear from the club. If they then go and get Hopkin then tbh I will be pretty fine with that and excited to absolutely hound Ray.

What’s the ub? McKinnon might be a snake of that there is no doubt, but for the board to allow this to happen at basically the transfer deadline day is nothing short of laughable. It paints the club as an absolute joke, torpedoes all the good work & feeling so far

Hawke better fucking walk the plank for this. I could just about live with the turnstiles shambles, but this is his Watergate. I’m absolutely fuming

"He's not the messiah........He's a very naughty boy!.............Now P*ss Off!"

If he goes which is highly likely I hope they are still bottom com Xmas. I don't know if hoppy would come back but I do think that given the option in the first instance I would have preferred hoppy. I do hope however that we just offer hoppy the job, he knows the club and surely the club know what he is capable of. Good riddance to bad rubbish I say.......GTF RAY, IN RAY WE DONT TRUST

I have no compunction in saying that if some chap starts throwing grenades or starts using pistols, we shall kill him

Why nothing from club ?

Indeed:

An approach from Falkirk for permission to speak to Ray McKinnon.

Then talks with him.

Then................

All too fast.

What the hell is going on........ and he is under contract to us.

Could the cunt not even have waited until we had started hounding him first?

At least we found out he was a bellend sooner rather than later.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Why nothing from club ?

Probably because it ain't confirmed. I just hope hoppy comes back

I have no compunction in saying that if some chap starts throwing grenades or starts using pistols, we shall kill him

Why nothing from club ?

Likely can't say anything unless Falkirk announce it. 

Hopefully Morton go in full blooded the second they do.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Archived