Mckinnon To Leave For Falkirk Tonight - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Mckinnon To Leave For Falkirk Tonight

sammy

I think you might be having a different conversation from me. Possibly because you started off by wrongly putting words in my mouth.

I've done no such thing. What's actually happened is that you've leapt in two-footed to defend your mates, as you always do, and in doing so undermined the club's position by talking about Kenny fucking Miller, whose situation is almost the complete opposite of McKinnon's.

EOho8Pw.png

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At no point in this thread has cmdc done anything other than suggest something, you've picked your own argument and making it with yourself here.

No, you're just nowhere near bright enough to follow what's a pretty simple thread of logic. You're probably sitting there nodding at the Kenny Miller analogy.

EOho8Pw.png

I've done no such thing. What's actually happened is that you've leapt in two-footed to defend your mates, as you always do, and in doing so undermined the club's position by talking about Kenny ****ing Miller, whose situation is almost the complete opposite of McKinnon's.

Again, you are doing all the running on this. All I’ve done is offer a possible explanation. Quite why you see that as a defence of my “mates” is anyone’s guess. It’s weird.

No, you're just nowhere near bright enough to follow what's a pretty simple thread of logic. You're probably sitting there nodding at the Kenny Miller analogy.

Lol

I’m done on this one. There’s literally no point discussing this if your intention is to make things up then argue on the basis of stuff that you’ve made up.

Again, you are doing all the running on this. All I’ve done is offer a possible explanation. Quite why you see that as a defence of my “mates” is anyone’s guess. It’s weird.

It's not an explanation. Explanations need to explain. You've not explained why Morton would sign a contract where the manager can unilaterally leave for another job, without compensation, for X amount of time. To be clear I can think of times when clubs might do this - clubs very low down the football chain where the manager is part-time and has another job and a young family, say, or they have a manager who's very likely to get a role higher up in the game so they're grateful just to have him. But at the full-time professional level, where there are six figures at stake in terms of player contracts, prize money etc., it strikes me as really ****ing negligent to do this, which is why you virtually never see managers leave professional clubs for nothing in this way.

You're mates with Crawford, you've said so before. Expecting that not to color your opinions of matters at Cappielow would be weird, since normal people tend to be loyal to their mates.

Lol

I’m done on this one. There’s literally no point discussing this if your intention is to make things up then argue on the basis of stuff that you’ve made up.

There's no point in discussing it anyway, you just throw 'suggestions' in to obfuscate then slither off like you always do. Good riddance.

EOho8Pw.png

I'm well aware of what's happening. You've flown off into disproportionate, slevering rant about a non-event yet again.

As you were.

AWMSC

What are you on about? I haven’t said a thing about whether McKinnon was rated, whether this worked out brilliantly etc. You are making that up. All I’ve said is that one explanation why someone under contract might not attract compensation is the existence of a probabtion period.

How would that work? He is still under contract.

I don't think football contracts have probationary. If that was case players would be binned left right and centre.

I'm well aware of what's happening. You've flown off into disproportionate, slevering rant about a non-event yet again.

As you were.

Thanks for your permission, you crayon-chewing welt.

EOho8Pw.png

It's not an explanation. Explanations need to explain. You've not explained why Morton would sign a contract where the manager can unilaterally leave for another job, without compensation, for X amount of time. To be clear I can think of times when clubs might do this - clubs very low down the football chain where the manager is part-time and has another job and a young family, say, or they have a manager who's very likely to get a role higher up in the game so they're grateful just to have him. But at the full-time professional level, where there are six figures at stake in terms of player contracts, prize money etc., it strikes me as really ****ing negligent to do this, which is why you virtually never see managers leave professional clubs for nothing in this way.

You're mates with Crawford, you've said so before. Expecting that not to color your opinions of matters at Cappielow would be weird, since normal people tend to be loyal to their mates.

There's no point in discussing it anyway, you just throw 'suggestions' in to obfuscate then slither off like you always do. Good riddance.

Absolutely bizarre.

How would that work? He is still under contract.

I don't think football contracts have probationary. If that was case players would be binned left right and centre.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying that’s the explanation here, just that in answer to how someone might leave while in contract for no compensation then a probation period is one explanation. A gentleman’s agreement might be another. But football contracts can include probation periods - it really just depends what is negotiated and why.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying that’s the explanation here, just that in answer to how someone might leave while in contract for no compensation then a probation period is one explanation. A gentleman’s agreement might be another. But football contracts can include probation periods - it really just depends what is negotiated and why.

Probation periods are never exercised in football. Different beast.

It could be a clause in contract if he is offered a contract in excess of 1500 a week he is free to leave etc

It's a disaster whatever way you look at it.

Probation periods are never exercised in football. Different beast.

It could be a clause in contract if he is offered a contract in excess of 1500 a week he is free to leave et

It's a disaster whatever way you look at it.

That is why Miller was brought in nto the debate. He DID have a probation and it WAS exercised.

That is why Miller was brought in nto the debate. He DID have a probation and it WAS exercised.

By the club. Not by the manager, and not to go and take another managerial role on the same day.

EOho8Pw.png

By the club. Not by the manager, and not to go and take another managerial role on the same day.

Apparently the Miller probation was based on the player manager role working out and went two way. If either felt it wasn't working, they could cancel without compensation or force a change to the setup.

Livi felt player manager wasn't working so told him to quit playing. He said he didn't want to, so they cancelled the entire contract.

It's very possible McKinnon had a probation but like you, I think it is very unlikely it included a walk free if Falkirk come calling clause, although it is Morton.

Ray McKinnon leaving for a divisional rival for nothing on deadline day is exactly the same as Livingston opting to sack their manager without having to pay off his long-term contract.

It's called taking a gamble, it's serious boardroom stuff, you wouldn't understand.

EOho8Pw.png

Ray McKinnon leaving for a divisional rival for nothing on deadline day is exactly the same as Livingston opting to sack their manager without having to pay off his long-term contract.

It's called taking a gamble, it's serious boardroom stuff, you wouldn't understand.

Again, absolutely bizarre.

Archived