Morton Vs Hibs Iv: This Time, It's Personal. - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton Vs Hibs Iv: This Time, It's Personal.

TheGoon

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sit down. Play as we did at Easter Road just ten days ago and we'll secure a minimum of four points. Cappielow remains a fortress.

Our last five results have been 1-0, 1-0, 0-1, 0-0, 0-1 - it's not a dramatic dip in form at all; you just can't win every game by not conceding and won't score generally speaking with backup dross like Shankland in the team.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Agreed. I'll be very surprised if we don't win at least one of our next 2 games.

Unfortunately won't be there tomorrow but I think we will win as JD will play the same team that started at Easter road. My mobile will be red hot from 3.00pm. Utd v Falkirk draw Ton win. Hope McGregor has a stinker (own goal perhaps) as he should not be on the pitch tomorrow. Still can't believe his red card was downgraded. Enough to spur on the boys I hope

Shankland is gubbins and has nothing to offer.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Shankland is gubbins and has nothing to offer.

There's clearly ability there, as evidenced last season. Unfortunatly he dosen't appear to have the desire/frame to best use it this season.

Yep fair point. VT with typical negative response.

I wouldn't say it's negative. It's reasonable based on the evidence thus far. I think there's a player in Shankland but he appears to have serious fitness issues which will probably need a pre-season to correct.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Shankland's been shite. I don't care what sort of player is 'in there' I care about the one playing on the park for Morton and I don't like what I've seen.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Shankland is just ****ing average at everything and doesn't have any shining attributes at this level. The sort of guy that would have 10 for every attribute on Football Manager. He's far too easy for defenders to deal with. Doesn't have the physicality to trouble them in the air/with back to goal, or the pace of Quitongo or the quick feet and trickery of Oliver. We won't do any damage in the play-offs unless Quitongo is back and match-fit.

There's clearly ability there, as evidenced last season. Unfortunatly he dosen't appear to have the desire/frame to best use it this season.

When, specifically, during "last season" - or any other season - did Lawrence Shankland demonstrate his ability? When has he ever demonstrated sufficient ability to play in the top two tiers of Scottish football? That simply hasn't happened, ever. 

Unlike yourself I would never question his desire to perform well for The Famous though - he tries just as hard as Ross Forbes, or Caolan McAleer did. Unfortunately for him he's on the McAleer side of the "footballing ability" scale, so its time to thank him for playing anyway and shuffle him out the door. 

Yep fair point. VT with typical negative response.

Nope, that is simply a fact-based response towards an absolutely gubbins forward with one goal since January, who has no place in our ruthlessly efficient side. Shankland is incapable of pressing the opposition effectively, so when we lose the ball up front with him in the side we are as well playing with ten men. From that point our entire pressing game crumbles; whereas when we had Nesbitt and Oliver in attacking positions at Easter Road, we pressed them up the park quite comfortably and earned a draw. Shankland is too slow and too lethargic to ever contribute to a game of Duffyball; he must therefore get in the sea. 

When, specifically, during "last season" - or any other season - did Lawrence Shankland demonstrate his ability? When has he ever demonstrated sufficient ability to play in the top two tiers of Scottish football? That simply hasn't happened, ever.

Unlike yourself I would never question his desire to perform well for The Famous though - he tries just as hard as Ross Forbes, or Caolan McAleer did. Unfortunately for him he's on the McAleer side of the "footballing ability" scale, so its time to thank him for playing anyway and shuffle him out the door.

He scored, what? 12 goals for a relatively poor St Mirren team? Far from spectacular, but a decent return. He had a very god showing against us as well. I'm not stating he should start or anything, but would be silly to deny he has some ability.

He scored, what? 12 goals for a relatively poor St Mirren team? Far from spectacular, but a decent return. He had a very god showing against us as well. I'm not stating he should start or anything, but would be silly to deny he has some ability.

No, he scored ten league goals for a mediocre outfit, then got ditched by their even more hilarious incarnation this season. He has 11 goals in total from 59 appearances at this level; which is not an abysmal record, but given that we have all actually seen the player in question on a regular basis, we can conclude that record is quite clearly not masking some sort of misunderstood genius.

Far more importantly, this Morton side relies on our attacking players pressing the opposition defence and he simply can't do that. He isn't even remotely dangerous enough to make an allowance for that shortcoming in his game. He must get in the sea. 

I agree with VT. Shankland simply is not good enough for us. Whether it is fitness or some other factor I don't know, but we need someone better leading the line. He has been a major disappointment.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Gaston

Doyle O'Ware Lamie Russell

Forbes Murdoch Lindsay Nesbitt

Tidser

Oliver

that's the team that performs with most confidence

Lamie playing better than Kilday against a quick attack

If Russell would learn to tackle early

Still not enough goals though

Move Russell and Nesbitt forward one line for last 10 minutes to score the winner.

... proud to be apart from the groupthink tree ...

Archived