Hibs V Morton - Page 7 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Hibs V Morton

gmfc23

Dropping Gaston for another mistake would be understandable but if he's not injured then subbing him will only ruin his confidence further rather than acting as motivation. That's McNeil conceded as well now...

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am I right in saying every goal we've conceded in the league has been from a cross?

Very similar to the start of Duffy's reign in league 1. I've always thought that it's a weakness of the way we play. We focus so much on keeping the game out in wider positions, if we don't defend well individually then we're in big trouble from wide areas. Hibs often did us a massive favour last season by trying to play so centrally against us.

We've not had many pumpings under Duffy to be fair. Not overly down about today but next week could be our most important game of the season as you get the feeling how we respond to a result like this could shape our whole season.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Skunks equalise.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Falkirk 1-0 Dumbarton

We're 3rd bottom, two points clear of Ayr.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

I'm very surprised to see Graham scoring as a lot of the, ahem, football experts on here assured us he was a lump of wood.

I don't think that was ever massively the case. There was a will among most fans for him to succeed with us, but he never quite proved himself and then bettered himself as a player after he left us. It's not as if it's that unusual for such a thing to happen. It's not as if most fans were delighted that he left.

He was offered a new one year contract with us but chose a two year one with Raith. A very mixed response from the fans some of whom were really disappointed and others who remembered him missing two absolute sitters against Dundee and thought he wouldn't make much of a career.

Ayr in two weeks time is a must-win.

Discounting the manner of the defeat no one expects to go to Easter Road and win, but it's the previous three games that are more concerning. Three points from those three games was an unacceptable total and being unbeaten was meaningless. No one would have been happy with three points had they came from one win and two defeats, so no one should have been clinging to the 'but we're unbeaten!!!' argument when we ended up with three draws. Our league form simply doesn't come close to being good enough.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

I don't think that was ever massively the case. There was a will among most fans for him to succeed with us, but he never quite proved himself and then bettered himself as a player after he left us. It's not as if it's that unusual for such a thing to happen. It's not as if most fans were delighted that he left.

All of those, ahem, football experts on here that slated him, almost constantly, didn't sound too perturbed when he left.

Archived