Hibs V Morton - Page 10 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Hibs V Morton

gmfc23

That was pathetic. Men against boys. Looked like a foul on Gaston at the second goal but we were on the wrong side of mediocre the whole game. Hibs will stroll this division. Bigger, stronger in every position.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm very surprised to see Graham scoring as a lot of the, ahem, football experts on here assured us he was a lump of wood.

I consistently stated that Graham was a far more rounded player and better finisher than Weatherson ever was and was roundly derided for my view. It's a shame we never had the foresight to hold onto him.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Swing and a miss: I said nobody gave a **** about the player. Your womanly input has become an interesting topic because you're keeping up the snidey posts.

And I said "If no one gives "a ****" about my remarks why did you and others reply?You'd be better keeping quiet rather than make a fool of yourself.

My comments are not "snidey". I'm sick of the "snidey" comments of the so-called supporters on here claiming we're going to do this/win that and a few days later claim we're garbage.

Of course they were. I wouldn't blame you for disagreeing with many of the views on here, and thinking that people go over the top sometimes (often), but is it not better to actually engage in the current debates rather than make snidey comments long after the fact?

And I said "If no one gives "a ****" about my remarks why did you and others reply?You'd be better keeping quiet rather than make a fool of yourself.

I said nobody gave a fuck about the player, not your remarks. Count to ten before starting you next post.

EOho8Pw.png

That's his own fault. He is completely responsible for his transfer dealings.

People might suggest he might have no money,maybe he hasn't I don't know but personally I don't think his budget has been cut, he just hasn't used it wisely.

We clearly offered McManus, Johnstone and Luca deals so he must have some funds available.

This.

A blind man can see McDonut, McAleer and even Kudus aren't up to it but rather than bide his time Duffy chose to squander what budget he has on them. He's made a rod for his own back and frankly it's not good enough. If it's down to funding he should grow a backbone and say so rather than harp on about great his chairman is as imo he's been hung out to dry by the Raes.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

I consistently stated that Graham was a far more rounded player and better finisher than Weatherson ever was and was roundly derided for my view. It's a shame we never had the foresight to hold onto him.

It"s always the same on here. If the, ahem, football experts disagree with you they come on mob-handed in a pathetic attempt to bully you into submission. I made a perfectly valid comment regarding Brian Graham and hey presto suddenly I'm attacked with infantile remarks e.g. "Mrs Graham". Oh well! I suppose it just shows the mental capacity of certain posters on here. 

It"s always the same on here. If the, ahem, football experts disagree with you they come on mob-handed in a pathetic attempt to bully you into submission. I made a perfectly valid comment regarding Brian Graham and hey presto suddenly I'm attacked with infantile remarks e.g. "Mrs Graham". Oh well! I suppose it just shows the mental capacity of certain posters on here.

Heads gone.

Still, at least you're taking it well.

EOho8Pw.png

My comments are not "snidey". I'm sick of the "snidey" comments of the so-called supporters on here claiming we're going to do this/win that and a few days later claim we're garbage.

To be fair most were saying we had the bones of a very decent young team and would be in for a good season if Duffy signed a couple of decent players to complement what we had. Our manager now seems to be content with what we have tho..

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

This.

A blind man can see McDonut, McAleer and even Kudus aren't up to it but rather than bide his time Duffy chose to squander what budget he has on them. He's made a rod for his own back and frankly it's not good enough. If it's down to funding he should grow a backbone and say so rather than harp on about great his chairman is as imo he's been hung out to dry by the Raes.

He's hardly going to reveal the budget. As you say, he's signed players, they're just not very good. Bear in mind that last season our top players were in on loan. That said, our current wide options are a downgrade on both Barr and Stef. For me this is almost all Duffy's responsibility as it's no secret that we're at the low end of the full time game.

EOho8Pw.png

There's no budget-based explanation for Duffy signing a ringer dud from Kilbirnie Ladeside, none whatsoever. That's all Duffy.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Never expected anything from today but that was a pathetic and gutless performance from all involved. No-one deserves pass marks and if this is the depth of squad JD is taking forward this is going to be a long season.

Gaston is struggling with confidence and badly at fault for the second goal. While he was getting treatment after being subbed he never showed any sign of an injury before the board went up. The rest of the defence had an off day being pulled in all directions and bullied by the Hibs forwards. For now Russell is miles away from the form of last season, he constantly gave the ball away and struggled to do the basics in defending. Doyle looks like another dud and clear to see why he never made it at a higher level. His positioning and distribution are awful - no wonder the right side of defence was horribly exposed time after time today. The midfield was far too weak and not convinced accommodating Forbes in the middle is the answer. As for the two up front they had no chance. Oliver was yet again found wanting and how he stayed on the park so long is a mystery. Jai tried his best but he is a young lad that clearly prefers a ball to feet - hoofball is not for him. As for the bench no-one but JD to blame for the lack of quality and depth. JD signed/wasted wages on three of the boys gathering splinters and offered Scullion another 6 months to get fit!

Hibs should stroll the Championship but I cannot accept Morton are only able to bend over and accept defeat. We had no belief. Statistically it might say we had 3 shots but Hibs could have played without a goalkeeper and still won comfortably.

The lack of ambition at Morton is difficult to accept. We were invited to be patient and believe in the plan but the reality is a poorer squad than last season.

Archived