Morton Vs Albion Rovers - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton Vs Albion Rovers

TheGoon

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can always spot people standing up for the little guy, and not themselves, by the way they put "I'M" in caps and bold.

pathetic deflection from you, but then again that is usually your weapon of choice.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

What have I deflected from? The lack of activity is at the gate, on here, and on Facebook - I'd say that's pretty illustrative of my point, which is that this forum (which has for as long as I've been on it had periods of activity and periods of quiet) isn't really bucking any trend here. I've further pointed out you're an awful, embittered poster who invariably turns any discussion into something about yourself. That's fairly self-evident at this point. Was there something else you'd like me to address?

EOho8Pw.png

Forum quiet in the middle of November when we're comfortably middle of the road not threatening promotion nor relegation. No new signings on the horizon. Upcoming game is away a short distance to a lower league team we've played in the cup recently.

Posters reading this very thread atm: GiGinach0kingport-tonLargsTONdunning1874axemanEl goferdaver1874TheGoonstuart

Most of those long term posters. It's more than a little bit dramatic to say the forum is 'dying a death' because it's a quiet time of year. If people kept coming back after mortonjag and newton nearly succeeded in driving everyone away I think it can survive a few folk that like to argue.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

What have I deflected from? The lack of activity is at the gate, on here, and on Facebook - I'd say that's pretty illustrative of my point, which is that this forum (which has for as long as I've been on it had periods of activity and periods of quiet) isn't really bucking any trend here. I've further pointed out you're an awful, embittered poster who invariably turns any discussion into something about yourself. That's fairly self-evident at this point. Was there something else you'd like me to address?

I'd be willing to wager that for the most part, the people who aren't attending games any longer aren't the people who were hardcore enough fans to look for and post on a Morton specific online forum (infact at 9pm on a friday night there is 50 users reading the forum right now on a site that didn't have a post in 2 whole days and now only has two arseholes posting on it right now).

There are enough Morton fans who check this forum regularly who don't feel comfortable posting on it, or don't see the point because it always ends up like it has tonight (which lets not forget you started like you usually do.) I know of multiple people personally who feel this way about the forum, and there's also been former posters who said as much before no longer posting, and there are current posters who have said as much aswell. 

You made the discussion about me, but you're so wrapped up in your own ego that you can't even see that. You and others like you's need to be the centre of attention and to be right all the time, even when you know you're wrong is the problem.

I'm done wasting my time on it though, your ego won't allow you to see that you're partly the cause of it and not some martyr fighting the good fight to keep this forum alive.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Forum quiet in the middle of November when we're comfortably middle of the road not threatening promotion nor relegation. No new signings on the horizon. Upcoming game is away a short distance to a lower league team we've played in the cup recently.

Posters reading this very thread atm: GiGinach0kingport-tonLargsTONdunning1874axemanEl goferdaver1874TheGoonstuart

Most of those long term posters. It's more than a little bit dramatic to say the forum is 'dying a death' because it's a quiet time of year. If people kept coming back after mortonjag and newton nearly succeeded in driving everyone away I think it can survive a few folk that like to argue.

Mortonjag for as awful as he was at least drew debate and discussion, infact no one on here has done it better since. People like Nacho are a poor man's Mortonjag, which is saying something.

32.gif

I'd be willing to wager that for the most part, the people who aren't attending games any longer aren't the people who were hardcore enough fans to look for and post on a Morton specific online forum (infact at 9pm on a friday night there is 50 users reading the forum right now on a site that didn't have a post in 2 whole days and now only has two arseholes posting on it right now).

There are enough Morton fans who check this forum regularly who don't feel comfortable posting on it, or don't see the point because it always ends up like it has tonight (which lets not forget you started like you usually do.) I know of multiple people personally who feel this way about the forum, and there's also been former posters who said as much before no longer posting, and there are current posters who have said as much aswell. 

You made the discussion about me, but you're so wrapped up in your own ego that you can't even see that. You and others like you's need to be the centre of attention and to be right all the time, even when you know you're wrong is the problem.

I'm done wasting my time on it though, your ego won't allow you to see that you're partly the cause of it and not some martyr fighting the good fight to keep this forum alive.

50 users reading the forum :lol: No there's not. Any time there's a number like that outside of peak times it's because of (failing) spambots, crawlers and the like.

The posters who say things like "I won't be back, it was better before I started posting rubbish on it :angry: " are, again, not missed. This has been happening since I started posting on Morton forums in 2002, and it'll be happening in 2022 as well. They were doing it for other reasons before the 'argumentation' and they'll be doing it for other reasons in the future. But every time this happens you can plot a fairly constant line between 'interest in Morton in general' and 'amount of interest shown on the Morton forum'. The fact is, has-beens like yourself just ultimately don't make that big of a difference to the online activity around the club. As soon as there's something to talk about, and a sense of passion (be it positive or negative) about the club, posting activity increases. Meanwhile 'old forum hands' who periodically emerge to complain about the general tone of discussion will, as constant as the tides, shit the place up while contributing nothing.

Please do stop wasting your time on here and make it permanent this time.

EOho8Pw.png

Mortonjag for as awful as he was at least drew debate and discussion, infact no one on here has done it better since. People like Nacho are a poor man's Mortonjag, which is saying something.

I think you're more of a poor man's Mortonjag, you have the same narcissistic tendencies.

Just stay away from plumbing, for the sake of housewives everywhere.

*insert signature here*

Posters reading this very thread atm: GiGi, nach0king, port-ton, LargsTON, dunning1874, axeman, El gofer, daver1874, TheGoon, stuart

I never tend to log out of the forum but rarely spend more than 20 mins a day looking at it. Unless of course something or someone really grasps my attention. Apathy is rife and the decline of this board is down to that and not the quality of poster or trolls.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Can always count on two posters having a go/debating with each other to bring the forum to life, even for just a little while.

I'm going to be missing my first game this season tomorrow but hopefully we manage to comfortably win and I don't need to be checking on here tomorrow night for a debriefing on how badly we played.

Although things are going better than expected so I fully expect some sort of reality check tomorrow and the usual anti duffy posters will be back in force.

Im making perfect sense, your just not keeping up.

My Twitter - 
https://twitter.com/RJChesh

Albion Rovers always reminds me of this classic from Frankie Boyle.

"How do you get a girl from Coatbridge pregnant?"

Spunk in the gutter and let the flies do the work.

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

Adam

Pepper Luca Kilday Russell

Barr Tidser O'Ware Forbes

McCluskey Johnstone

Don't think Duffy will make any changes, however I think Samuel deserves a start and hopefully he puts him in ahead of McCluskey. Also don't agree with having Forbes/Tidser on the wing...but we're undefeated in 5 lets keep it going!

In the event that this game goes ahead, are we in the covered terracing opposite the main stand?  I seem to recall that the areas behind the goals are just grass and not used for safety reasons.  Not a day to be standing out in the open.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

In the event that this game goes ahead, are we in the covered terracing opposite the main stand?  I seem to recall that the areas behind the goals are just grass and not used for safety reasons.  Not a day to be standing out in the open.

There's been a small open terrace built behind the goal on the right hand side of the main stand which away fans have been usung (although I'm not sure if segregation's enforced). So, in answer to your question, no. That terrace can't get a Safety Certificate.

Archived