Dumbarton V Morton - Page 18 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Dumbarton V Morton

gmfc23

McCluskey had a very poor game yesterday and was probably our worst player which was disappointing after his really good game against St Johnstone. Mark Russell looks low in confidence and is defensively a liability.

When Lamie is fit Kilday should be dropped as Pepper offers much more at right back.

It was very difficult to see from our position in the stand whether Adam was at fault for the Dumbarton goal, but my impression was that he should have saved it.

The first half was just about as bad as anything I have seen in a very long time other than McKee's goal which was excellent, but the second was much better and it was encouraging to see Tidser getting more involved.

Gasporotto, McKee and Johnstone were our best performers with Samuel making a real impact when he came on.

I can't understand our lack of cohesion in defending set pieces/corners. There is no pattern and it needs to be sorted out e.g. simple things like do we have a defender on the back post or not. Sometimes we do and sometimes we don't.

Duffy certainly has the players working really hard but the organisation of some of the more simple aspects of the game is at times pretty appalling.   

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought Joe McKee was the best player on the park. The nonsense spouted on here in the last few seasons about his ability (or supposed lack of) is incredible.

A right good wee player.

^^^ trying too hard

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Forbes. Dunno how many goals he has

In all competitions - 3 goals. In 17 or so appearances. One a penalty against Elgin or something. So his form is nowhere as good as you make out. If we want the best out of him and Tidser the midfield needs a central 3 and 2 wingers. And Tidser should never be dropped for him

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

I agree with the consensus that the captaincy isn't that important. It also doesn't need to coincide with whoever a (say) defensive leader on the pitch actually is.

Captaincy matters way more in terrible sports like rugby.

EOho8Pw.png

In all competitions - 3 goals. In 17 or so appearances. One a penalty against Elgin or something. So his form is nowhere as good as you make out. If we want the best out of him and Tidser the midfield needs a central 3 and 2 wingers. And Tidser should never be dropped for him

Tidser is playing nowhere near the form of Forbes at the moment. Forbes is dangerous from set plays, making chances for others and scoring goals like the one he won the game for us against Alloa.

He  is a good player and probably our best player so far this season. But he's in the team on merit because of his consistent form. He didn't have the best of games during the week and someone else was given their chance and took it - that's football.

For me, you play the player in form. Tidser hasn't shown anything like the form he had before he left us, so why would he walk right back into the team against our inform players?

McKee deserves to keep his place next week. He has to show a level of consistency to keep his place week in week out or players like Forbes and Tidser will replace him   

Don't blame me I voted Yes!!!! - We tried to tell you !!!!!

You are an absolute looney. Forbes isn't 'in form' at all. Tidser despite playing out of position every week offers what no one else - except McKee, actually - does in a simple pass. Duffy doesn't seem to value keeping the ball but then Tidser has a brain for the game. Tidser walks into the team every week because he is mentally and technically superior to our other options. 

As for being dangerous from set plays I can't think of many except for a good free kick against Alloa. He's scored one goal from open play. Do you have any assist statistics for Forbes to back your claim up or did you pull that out of your arse like your in form goalscoring line?

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

FWIW I think Forbes is a cracking player at this level. But none of our midfielders could be classes as 'in form' because they are not an effective unit. Mostly down to the way they are being set up, such as yesterday. Duffy is holding good players like Forbes and Tidser back.

onsP5NR.jpg

You are an absolute looney. Forbes isn't 'in form' at all. Tidser despite playing out of position every week offers what no one else - except McKee, actually - does in a simple pass. Duffy doesn't seem to value keeping the ball but then Tidser has a brain for the game. Tidser walks into the team every week because he is mentally and technically superior to our other options. 

As for being dangerous from set plays I can't think of many except for a good free kick against Alloa. He's scored one goal from open play. Do you have any assist statistics for Forbes to back your claim up or did you pull that out of your arse like your in form goalscoring line?

r

Really? You think Tidser is  a better option at the moment. We started the season very well with a balanced team and since the return of Tidser and Russell we have went downhill. Tidser does the simple pass 9/10 backwards he has started in his central role a few times like last week when Forbes was out wide. I'm a Tidser fan but he currently offers nothing at the moment he is way down the pecking order with my choices in midfield. Yesterday as like last week and against QOS I watched direct route one  football as the midfield has been offering nothing at least with Forbes he offers set- piece options. Tidser ,Russel, OWare, Kilday were awful yesterday,Stefan,Pepper and Barr not much better Best for us Denny with McKee  a close second

Each to their own opinion

forever optimistic

r

Really? You think Tidser is a better option at the moment. We started the season very well with a balanced team and since the return of Tidser and Russell we have went downhill. Tidser does the simple pass 9/10 backwards he has started in his central role a few times like last week when Forbes was out wide. I'm a Tidser fan but he currently offers nothing at the moment he is way down the pecking order with my choices in midfield. Yesterday as like last week and against QOS I watched direct route one football as the midfield has been offering nothing at least with Forbes he offers set- piece options. Tidser ,Russel, OWare, Kilday were awful yesterday,Stefan,Pepper and Barr not much better Best for us Denny with McKee a close second

Each to their own opinion

We've picked up more than 1/3 of our total points in the last two matches. It's hardly downhill. We've just happened to pick up points when we play against the lower sides.

As for the football - it's never going to look good under Duffy, that's just his style.

People getting at tidser once again. Is his confidence maybe low and not looking like the same because we have a fuckin diddy of a manager that plays him everywhere bar his correct position. Players should be judged on how they are in their correct position. Tidser, Forbes with Miller behind them. McKee can fill in on the right, with Barr on the left.

I like McKee on the right. Said a few times he's had his better games for us when played there. Makes more sense to have McKee out wide than Tidser or Forbes, that's for sure.

onsP5NR.jpg

I like McKee on the right. Said a few times he's had his better games for us when played there. Makes more sense to have McKee out wide than Tidser or Forbes, that's for sure.

I'd rather have an accomplished right sided midfielder as oppose to the 'central defenders and midfielders' tombola selection we currently seem to have.

26/4/18

A Decade of Wakeism.

Well we don't have it. I would also like competent players all playing in their best positions but it's now a case of making do with what we've got.

onsP5NR.jpg

Felt a little bit like Duffy dropped people he felt let him down on Tuesday, although presumably couldn't drop Russell as he had no-one to replace him with?  If so, really hope that's not the case because that seems a bit small-minded and when you look at where St Johnstone are now that puts our performance into context.

But perhaps there were just some players sluggish after Tuesday for one reason or another, and may be some of the "dropped" players really weren't fit for another game - the whole performance actually felt a lot like the heavy-legged showing against Rangers after the heroics against Motherwell, so perhaps we just don't handle two games a week very well?  In this case we got away with it because Dumbarton were mince.

That being said, the game was crying out for Samuel being on much earlier (why not from the start assuming he'd recovered?) - needed people getting in their faces, as do most of the sides we'll come against this season, Rangers, Hibs and may be Falkirk aside.

Archived