Boxing Day Fixture - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Boxing Day Fixture

Alibi

Maybe been missed by some, but the Boxing Day fixture has been moved to 10th October, international weekend, with Scotland playing in Faro.  Really stupid decision - the smaller crowd won't affect us financially as it's an away game but we could possibly be without Luca if Canada have a game, and quite a few people will have booked to go to Faro for the Gibraltar game.  Why on earth did anyone think this change was a good idea?

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Free-kick awarded near the Rangers (?) box; Gourlay might fancy himself from this range. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Maybe been missed by some, but the Boxing Day fixture has been moved to 10th October, international weekend, with Scotland playing in Faro.  Really stupid decision - the smaller crowd won't affect us financially as it's an away game but we could possibly be without Luca if Canada have a game, and quite a few people will have booked to go to Faro for the Gibraltar game.  Why on earth did anyone think this change was a good idea?

Probably because they thought a four hor round trip on boxing day is a bit much for a lot of people.

Tricky one.  Always a good chance that the Boxing Day fixture is cancelled due to bad weather... and a lengthy trip to Dumfries at that time of year is far from ideal. For those reasons, moving it forward makes sense.

Obvious sympathies for those that will be missing the game as they are away with Scotland.  However, we're probably talking about a couple of dozen people at most... between QOS and Morton supporters.

Probably because they thought a four hor round trip on boxing day is a bit much for a lot of people.

Didn't seem to put people off attending our swording of Dundee on Boxing Day a few years ago. Or, indeed, prevent Boxing Day fixtures from being the best attended matches in that calendar month up and down the country. 

Those who don't fancy a four hour trip on Boxing Day aren't going to flock down in droves on a Saturday - even on a pointless international weekend. So their complaints are for the most part irrelevant. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Didn't seem to put people off attending our swording of Dundee on Boxing Day a few years ago. Or, indeed, prevent Boxing Day fixtures from being the best attended matches in that calendar month up and down the country. 

Those who don't fancy a four hour trip on Boxing Day aren't going to flock down in droves on a Saturday - even on a pointless international weekend. So their complaints are for the most part irrelevant. 

I don't disagree that much but I'm guessing that was the reason. I enjoy a boxing day game and would have rather it was then but I'm not too fussed because there are plenty of other things to get up to then.

A QoS fan over on P&B sums it up perfectly.  :)

Yes it's hardly controversial at all really. People who follow the national team are uniformly haggis-munching bumpkins whose opinions should be ignored and those who value the tradition of boxing day football or having their thoughts taken into account by the club they pay handsomely to support up and down the country are probably going to go anyway so who gives a shit. 

Have you already applied for a tea-lady job at Cappielow because I think you've just passed the interview.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Free-kick awarded near the Rangers (?) box; Gourlay might fancy himself from this range. 

Rangers?  Who were they again?  Name sounds familiar.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Rangers?  Who were they again?  Name sounds familiar.

VT's (?) said that far more succinctly and wittier.

That Gourley's a player though, eh?

HHkTu1F.jpg

Yes it's hardly controversial at all really. People who follow the national team are uniformly haggis-munching bumpkins whose opinions should be ignored and those who value the tradition of boxing day football or having their thoughts taken into account by the club they pay handsomely to support up and down the country are probably going to go anyway so who gives a s***. 

Have you already applied for a tea-lady job at Cappielow because I think you've just passed the interview.

Oi!  As someone who does follow Scotland i can accept the Haggis eating fair enough, but a bumpkin, that sir is an outrage.

"He's not the messiah........He's a very naughty boy!.............Now P*ss Off!"

Archived