Season Tickets - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Season Tickets

GiGi

I've been checking the main website for news about season tickets going on sale. I can't find any. I can't even find a section of the site with this season's information. It might be there somewhere but it's certainly not obvious to me. 

It occurs to me the club are waiting to see what the full divisional lineup looks like before deciding what a season ticket next year will be worth but why not have them out on helicopter Saturday with a special price for attendees, or at least while most of us were still basking in the glow of winning the league? 

Rather than waiting to see if they can charge extra if Rangers and/or Hibs stay down it might have been prudent to start selling them while interest is still fairly high. Any current holders had emails out from the club?

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been checking the main website for news about season tickets going on sale. I can't find any. I can't even find a section of the site with this season's information. It might be there somewhere but it's certainly not obvious to me. 

It occurs to me the club are waiting to see what the full divisional lineup looks like before deciding what a season ticket next year will be worth but why not have them out on helicopter Saturday with a special price for attendees, or at least while most of us were still basking in the glow of winning the league? 

Rather than waiting to see if they can charge extra if Rangers and/or Hibs stay down it might have been prudent to start selling them while interest is still fairly high. Any current holders had emails out from the club?

I plan to buy a season ticket next season based on who we sign and what ambition we show in the close season, not the opposition.  The omens aren't good so far, if I fear we'll be in a struggle I'll be fucked if I'm paying fort hammerings up front.  This season could be a serious money spinner if the club get it right for once. 

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Aren't our season tickets famously bad value? I wouldn't buy one because of work anyone but I'm sure I remember always noting that you were basically getting 1 game for free.

We are not home and dry, we could not even be said to be home and vigorously towelling ourselves off!

Last year it was £210 for a season ticket in the shed(early bird paid before 24th of June), and if you paid as you went it was £270 so you got 4 free games if you bought early enough, otherwise its £225 which is 3 free games.

We are always so far behind when it comes to this, a few teams have already set their prices out.

Dumbarton £250
Livingston £220
Raith Rovers £250

I would actually like to see us do what Ayr have a done a release a promotional video with highlights from last year and get a few of the players to make some comments, its easy and cheap and gets the message out there.

Im making perfect sense, your just not keeping up.

My Twitter - 
https://twitter.com/RJChesh

There is a section. It's strangely hidden in the 'club info' section. It's still this season's info that's on there.

I had a season ticket up until this season. After the debacle of the relegation season, there was no way I was buying one for this season just passed. Had they been available on helicopter Saturday - even before the match, i'd have put my money down for next season there and then.

Aren't our season tickets famously bad value? I wouldn't buy one because of work anyone but I'm sure I remember always noting that you were basically getting 1 game for free.

The might well be mate but I go to every game with only one or two exceptions per season anyway and this year I'm looking towards the point of guaranteeing tickets for high demand away games as well (not that I think it would be too much of a struggle even then). 

Other than that though if season tickets were out a fortnight ago the club might already have enough in the bank for a decent signing. Once again I think we're missing a trick. 

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

I read that Alloa handed out £10 off vouchers for next season's season ticket at the playoff final. Even if they put their prices up by £10 anyway, it's still an example of good marketing that we need to learn from.

Season tickets should have went on sale the Monday after we won the league, to make the most of the good vibes around the club.

I assume, though, that they are waiting to see who will win promotion to the Premiership though as if Rangers stay down, they will more than likely be dearer than they would be if go up.

No season ticket for me. I detest Duffy. I am delighted that we fell over the line this season, but it was rubbish a lot of the time. If things go well next season, I'll pay to watch. If not, it's Jeff Stelling and the boys for me.

Echoing what others have said. I'd have bought a season ticket on helicopter Saturday if they were available. Now I'm at the point where I'm going to wait and see what kind of players are brought in. Think the club missed a trick on the day as a folk would have bought one given the feel good factor around cappielow. 

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Disappointing as per from this side of the club. As said before amateur and junior teams are better organised in many respects than our shambles.

Worrying as people will wait and see who we sign/who's in the league before they buy theirs and I'm not holding out much hope for a marquee'ish signing or 2!

No season ticket for me. I detest Duffy. I am delighted that we fell over the line this season, but it was rubbish a lot of the time. If things go well next season, I'll pay to watch. If not, it's Jeff Stelling and the boys for me.

Interesting view. For me, it's not actually someone that is a Morton supporter, but someone that just goes along when times are good.

Fair enough, fair weather fan.. plenty of them.

'I detest Duffy' is.. well, it's funny in a way.  Decent full-time players wanting to play in Championship rather than sign for Morton, so unlikely to be playing silky football and strolling the league, however, got promoted at first time of asking.  Get real.

Next season avoiding relegation should be regarded as success.  Realistically, no way will we compete with Rangers/Hibs/Motherwell... or Falkirk. St Mirren will likely finish ahead of us too, as they will have plenty of players with top-flight experience. 

It maybe is a bit depressing, but our place is made table Championship at best.. certainly under the current owners.

Interesting view. For me, it's not actually someone that is a Morton supporter, but someone that just goes along when times are good.

Fair enough, fair weather fan.. plenty of them.

'I detest Duffy' is.. well, it's funny in a way.  Decent full-time players wanting to play in Championship rather than sign for Morton, so unlikely to be playing silky football and strolling the league, however, got promoted at first time of asking.  Get real.

Next season avoiding relegation should be regarded as success.  Realistically, no way will we compete with Rangers/Hibs/Motherwell... or Falkirk. St Mirren will likely finish ahead of us too, as they will have plenty of players with top-flight experience. 

It maybe is a bit depressing, but our place is made table Championship at best.. certainly under the current owners.

Mr. Rae told us he wanted Morton in the S.P.L.

Has something changed?

Decent full-time players wanting to play in Championship rather than sign for Morton

I have no comment on the rest of the post but I do wonder if people making this 'argument' have actually given it more than two seconds of thought:

1) it's completely self-defeating. If they're not signing for us, they're not signing for Dunfermline either, meaning we're not at a disadvantage. If the part-time players are doing the same, they're signing for Alloa and Dumbarton and Cowden (and Raith) and not our opposition.

2) it's not even fucking true. It's something the Rae apologists came up with to lower expectations, but the minute Duffy needed his January ringers we were miraculously able to acquire Peter Macdonald and Michael Tidser.

People who really buy the tripe given them by the Raes have no critical thinking skills whatsoever.

EOho8Pw.png

I have no comment on the rest of the post but I do wonder if people making this 'argument' have actually given it more than two seconds of thought:

1) it's completely self-defeating. If they're not signing for us, they're not signing for Dunfermline either, meaning we're not at a disadvantage. If the part-time players are doing the same, they're signing for Alloa and Dumbarton and Cowden (and Raith) and not our opposition.

2) it's not even ****ing true. It's something the Rae apologists came up with to lower expectations, but the minute Duffy needed his January ringers we were miraculously able to acquire Peter Macdonald and Michael Tidser.

People who really buy the tripe given them by the Raes have no critical thinking skills whatsoever.

Not quite true I.M.O. There are many intelligent folk who in various walks of real life command positions of importance and have to think on their feet to stay there - BUT when it comes to their beloved football club they bury their heads in the sand.

Look at the money that was flung at the G.M.S.T. in the early days. You never hear a cheep from those who were effectively cheated.

Sad.

Archived