Thread About Ex Player - Page 132 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

He only ever had potential so If he stayed with us and turned out to be shite then we'd have got rid of him without a seconds thought so i hold no ill will towards him. If anything i feel sorry for him that he's had to join a club like Ayr.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

So, he left us to pursue a career in England, and is back playing for a divisional rival 6 months later? Get him hounded.

Blessing in disguise that he left us. We probably wouldn't have ended up with Murdoch or Lindsay.

Get a grip.

Who wouldn't leave the Scottish Championship for a crack at England on better money?

Its not worked out, big deal.

"Get him hounded"- how old are you, 10??

Simmer. Quite clearly tongue in cheek.

He should have signed for Queens Park.

All his best games were on big pitches with plenty of room.

Falkirk's pitch is the same size as ours apparently.

Falkirk's pitch is the same size as Hampden.

• Downvote 3

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

Falkirk's pitch is the same size as Hampden.

From what I can find, Falkirk's is a yard wider but the same length as Cappielow. Hampden is 5 yards longer and 3 wider than at Falkirk. I'm just going by the football ground guide.

Edited by SpoonTon

From what I can find, Falkirk's is a yard wider but the same length as Cappielow. Hampden is 5 yards longer and 3 wider than at Falkirk. I'm just going by the football ground guide.

I was going by the SPFL website, no idea how accurate that is.

They have Falkirk and Hampden as 105m x 68m

And Cappielow as 100m x 64m

• Downvote 3

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

Karma is being a particularly cruel bitch these days. 

Jurgen-Klopp.jpg

Yup. 

Jurgen-Klopp.jpg

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I was going by the SPFL website, no idea how accurate that is.

They have Falkirk and Hampden as 105m x 68m

And Cappielow as 100m x 64m

I seem to recall that for European games, pitches have to be 68m wide.  If that rule still exists (assuming it did), it might be difficult to make Cappielow compliant given the closeness of the touchlines to the boundary walls.  I think there were also rules about minimum distances from the touchline to the boundary walls, 3m from memory.  Might put our European slot in jeopardy if we win the cup...

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

I seem to recall that for European games, pitches have to be 68m wide.  If that rule still exists (assuming it did), it might be difficult to make Cappielow compliant given the closeness of the touchlines to the boundary walls.  I think there were also rules about minimum distances from the touchline to the boundary walls, 3m from memory.  Might put our European slot in jeopardy if we win the cup...

It's not just the size of the pitch that'll scupper our march across Europe.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_stadium_categories

• Downvote 3

It's not just the size of the pitch that'll scupper our march across Europe.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_stadium_categories

Probably could get into category 1 on that list with our pitch size.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."