Thread About Ex Player - Page 235 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

Is see the Belfast derby between Glentoran and Linfield’s on Sky Sports Football tomorrow night, and going by what I’ve read on Twitter, Conor Pepper seems to be having a great time over there.

Always slim pickings for games to watch in the days before the international week kicks off so think I’ll tune in.

It'll be a while before we see Dumbarton in the Championship again. Aitken overachieved at Dumbarton over an extended period, but their relegation, their current position in the table and their apparent inability to defend set pieces doesn't bode well. I'd think Aitken has done enough with Dumbarton to get another gig pretty swiftly, although he's probably another good job away from earning a crack at full-time management. 

Edited by BishopLenBrennan

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

It'll be a while before we see Dumbarton in the Championship again. Aitken overachieved at Dumbarton over an extended period, but their relegation, their current position in the table and their apparent inability to defend set pieces doesn't bode well. I'd think Aitken has done enough with Dumbarton to get another gig pretty swiftly, although he's probably another good job away from earning a crack at full-time management.

I may be wrong, but I’m sure a number of years ago Aitken came out saying he’s not interested in a full-time gig as he’s pretty high up in Rolls Royce and would likely take a wage decrease if he went full-time.

I may be wrong, but I’m sure a number of years ago Aitken came out saying he’s not interested in a full-time gig as he’s pretty high up in Rolls Royce and would likely take a wage decrease if he went full-time.

In fact that does ring a bell now you've mentioned it. I can't see it being a major issue anyway as he'd need to do another very good job somewhere to come into contention for a full-time job. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

Aitken has mentioned how good his job at Rolls Royce is in the past when linked with full time jobs that he wasn't interested in, but that hasn't stopped him applying for others. He's been in for the Raith job at least twice and there were reports that he'd applied for us in the summer as well, although admittedly that could have been tabloid guesswork on obvious applicants.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

I would imagine if Duffy does not get the Thistle gig he may may well be a shoe in for the Dumbarton job.

I think we'll see loads of crap 'Thistle do Nicely' headlines written by third-rate Journalists with Duffy's photo alongside soon.

Edited by capitanus

*insert signature here*

I think we'll see loads of crap 'Thistle do Nicely' headlines written by third-rate Journalists with Duffy's photo alongside soon.

Looks like Gary Caldwell is now favourite for Thistle job.

Based on. Pie and Bovril, Thistle fans seem quite taken by quitongo and he did quite well in last 20mins.

Telling comment from an Arab fan saying keeping quitongo fit might be telling for them but questioning whether that will be the case.

Given that coulibaly will be playing for them I am interested to see not only how much game time quitongo gets but how long he stays fit.

I am not convinced he will stay fit.

Might get some game time for Portugal tomorrow night.....oh aye that never happened either.

Looks like Gary Caldwell is now favourite for Thistle job.

Based on. Pie and Bovril, Thistle fans seem quite taken by quitongo and he did quite well in last 20mins.

Telling comment from an Arab fan saying keeping quitongo fit might be telling for them but questioning whether that will be the case.

Given that coulibaly will be playing for them I am interested to see not only how much game time quitongo gets but how long he stays fit.

I am not convinced he will stay fit.

Might get some game time for Portugal tomorrow night.....oh aye that never happened either.

I hardly ever look at Pie & Bovril, so not too gen'd up with what happens at Partick Thistle.

*insert signature here*

"Jim Duffy hopes to get the Partick Thistle manager's job because of his record - and not because he is a former Jags player and local man."That'll be why you're not getting it then.https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45845972

"All your players have to give everything or else you've no chance in that division.

"If you don't give every ounce of effort you've got, teams can steamroll you.

"One of Livingston's main qualities when they won promotion last season was that they gave everything in every game."

Makes Duffy more than a bit daft for playing a weakened team against Livingston then, let alone following it up with a defeat where he made no subs despite being 3-0 down at half time, leaving underperforming players on the park because he "didn't want to give them an easy way out."

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

You lot must be thinking of another ‘Partick Thistle’ that hasn’t been put back in its lower league, cuddly toy box for another two decades.

Duffy is precisely the calibre of manager that they can attract and deserve.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

You lot must be thinking of another ‘Partick Thistle’ that hasn’t been put back in its lower league, cuddly toy box for another two decades.

Duffy is precisely the calibre of manager that they can attract and deserve.

Nope. Nobody is. Nobody is assessing Patrick Thistle here at all. The only assessment being made is that of Duffy and that he doesn't deserve a sniff at another current Championship team.

When Patrick continue their slide and slip further down the levels, yes, fill your boots Jim.